Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

State of the Union?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
State of the Union?
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
Really surprised there has been no comment about the remarks made by the Panderer in Chief last night.

What a load of stuffed shirt bologna.  That guy is an absolute clown and the worse president in the history of the United States.  He has no idea what he's talking about, no idea what "works" for the economy because he's never had a motherfucking job in his life. 

He's a stupid ass. And we're even stupider asses for allowing him to get elected in the first place. Thank God there's a course correction coming in two long years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: State of the Union?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
I didn't comment cause I didn't watch it and also know it is a waste of my time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:11 AM »
Thank God there's a course correction coming in two long years.

American people are so fucking stupid, that I don't see that getting fixed, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:28:07 PM »
I didn't comment cause I didn't watch it and also know it is a waste of my time.

werd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
American people are so fucking stupid, that I don't see that getting fixed, either.
Hey buddy, most of us on here are Americans. Maybe you are talking about North Americans but you need to be specific.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 12:50:43 PM »
Didn't watch a second of it.  The first episode of the final season of Justified was on last night. Gonna' be a great season.

About a year ago, The One was making some speech I made the mistake of watching most of. I think I became fixated on it after hearing him say "it's time for the rich to pay their fair share."  He must have said, "pay their fair share" 10 times during it.  Saw where his latest tax the rich proposal involves households making $500K and up.  Thankfully, I'm a couple of dollars below that.  And this latest proposal is being made under the guise of helping the middle class.  He's already snowed the welfare/food stamp crowd to get elected/re-elected.  Now, sway more of the middle class and look out. 

I'm sure there's a little more to it but the biggest thing I saw was to tax the hell out of the "rich" so that they could offer the middle class a $500.00 tax credit.  Vandy, help me out here.  But a $500.00 tax credit?  Oooooo honey, call the travel agent.  We can finally take that Hawaii vacation we've been dreaming about.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 01:09:25 PM »
Didn't watch a second of it.  The first episode of the final season of Justified was on last night. Gonna' be a great season.

About a year ago, The One was making some speech I made the mistake of watching most of. I think I became fixated on it after hearing him say "it's time for the rich to pay their fair share."  He must have said, "pay their fair share" 10 times during it.  Saw where his latest tax the rich proposal involves households making $500K and up.  Thankfully, I'm a couple of dollars below that.  And this latest proposal is being made under the guise of helping the middle class.  He's already snowed the welfare/food stamp crowd to get elected/re-elected.  Now, sway more of the middle class and look out. 

I'm sure there's a little more to it but the biggest thing I saw was to tax the hell out of the "rich" so that they could offer the middle class a $500.00 tax credit.  Vandy, help me out here.  But a $500.00 tax credit?  Oooooo honey, call the travel agent.  We can finally take that Hawaii vacation we've been dreaming about.   
Cry us a river. $57,630 more than others. Poor baby.
http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2012/08/dothan_makes_list_of_top_5_cit.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »

I loathe the guy, but in regards to the "tax the hell out the rich!" rhetoric that comes out of Feuxnews - it is more closing loopholes (and money shifting moves, capital gains, etc) the super rich use to avoid taxes. Most super rich people end up paying a lesser tax rate than the middle class. Closing those loop holes simply brings them to the rate they should be paying per the taxcode for income. I don't think anyone - right or left - would agree that a guy like Mitt Romney or George Soros should be paying a lesser tax rate than the average Amercian.

I personally think we should have a flat tax on ALL income, whether its deemed wages, capital gains or whatever. That is the most fair way to do it. Quit it with the deductions, exemptions, adjustments, expenses during tax season, blah blah blah. Flat tax of around 13-17% and be done with it.

What aggrevated me the most about last night is the blatant hypocrisy. TELLING Congress and the American people to be pragmatic and look past differences, and find common ground, and not to throw the baby out with the bath water on a bill they don't like, yadda yadda....and then not more than 4 mins later, turning dark and dirty again with threats of veto against anything he doesn't like. It is truly baffling and reeks of a combination of narcissism, delusion and schizo.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:54:19 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »
I loathe the guy, but in regards to the "tax the hell out the rich!" rhetoric that comes out of Feuxnews - it is more closing loopholes (and money shifting moves, capital gains, etc) the super rich use to avoid taxes. Most super rich people end up paying a lesser tax rate than the middle class. Closing those loop holes simply brings them to the rate they should be paying per the taxcode for income. I don't think anyone - right or left - would agree that a guy like Mitt Romney or George Soros should be paying a lesser tax rate than the average Amercian.

I personally think we should have a flat tax on ALL income, whether its deemed wages, capital gains or whatever. That is the most fair way to do it. Quit it with the deductions, exemptions, adjustments, expenses during tax season, blah blah blah. Flat tax of around 13-17% and be done with it.

What aggrevated me the most about lof couast night is the blatant hypocrisy. TELLING Congress and the American people to be pragmatic and look past differences, and find common ground, and not to throw the baby out with the bath water on a bill they don't like, yadda yadda....and then not more than 4 mins later, turning dark and dirty again with threats of veto against anything he doesn't like. It is truly baffling and reeks of a combination of narcissism, delusion and schizo.
Agree 1000% on the flat tax. Maybe in our lifetime but it makes too much sense for the gov't to implement. I loathe big government and if I knew of a better place to live, I would seriously consider moving there if possible. Esp if the dems get another term.

I haven't seen a place that is particularly appealing so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Fair Tax please. With all of the illegal blood suckers in our country, this will catch everyone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 03:05:14 PM »
Cry us a river. $57,630 more than others. Poor baby.
http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2012/08/dothan_makes_list_of_top_5_cit.html

You'd think if I was in that category, I'd be able to afford more than 2 butlers.  I can barely keep them and my driver full time as it is.  Srsly, this quote from the article explains it.

"While the list doesn't give a reason for why Dothan lawyers have such higher salaries, it does point out that The National Trial Lawyers, a prominent legal trade group, is based in the city."

What this means is there is one mega firm here that taps income from all around the country.  One guy in particular that started all of it and is now in "acquisitions" instead of in practice, built and paid for a 28,000 square foot house long ago.  He and a couple of others kind of skew those "averages" for the rest of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »
You'd think if I was in that category, I'd be able to afford more than 2 butlers.  I can barely keep them and my driver full time as it is.  Srsly, this quote from the article explains it.

"While the list doesn't give a reason for why Dothan lawyers have such higher salaries, it does point out that The National Trial Lawyers, a prominent legal trade group, is based in the city."

What this means is there is one mega firm here that taps income from all around the country.  One guy in particular that started all of it and is now in "acquisitions" instead of in practice, built and paid for a 28,000 square foot house long ago.  He and a couple of others kind of skew those "averages" for the rest of us.
STFU, 1%er. When we have the revolution, I'm coming after you with my bush axe. Rich bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »

What aggrevated me the most about last night is the blatant hypocrisy. TELLING Congress and the American people to be pragmatic and look past differences, and find common ground, and not to throw the baby out with the bath water on a bill they don't like, yadda yadda....and then not more than 4 mins later, turning dark and dirty again with threats of veto against anything he doesn't like. It is truly baffling and reeks of a combination of narcissism, delusion and schizo.

This.  Most of it.  Not totally sold on the flat tax.

But I watched all of it.  Obama is a mix of an amazing, charismatic motivational speaker and a snarky, petulant crybaby who wants to talk shit to Republicans.  Not that Republicans are any better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
STFU, 1%er. When we have the revolution, I'm coming after you with my bush axe. Rich bitch.

Bring it on.  My guards will stop you cold at the gate.  You're no Axle Foley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
Agree 1000% on the flat tax. Maybe in our lifetime but it makes too much sense for the gov't to implement. I loathe big government and if I knew of a better place to live, I would seriously consider moving there if possible. Esp if the dems get another term.

I haven't seen a place that is particularly appealing so far.

Will be while for us but we have been talking about this.

http://www1.internationalliving.com/sem/country/caribbean/bing/search/moving-lp.php   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »

There is not enough coke and whores to fill this place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
There is not enough coke and whores to fill this place.

He and his wife hosted a meeting for our church band when I was in it.  After the meal, they were like, "Feel free to tour our home".  I was thinking, "My God, how arrogant.  How pretentious......you dang skippy I'm touring it."  The master bedroom was over 3,000 square feet. The den/living room had a full European antique pulpit in the center.  It had an indoor basketball court.  It had an Asian kid they didn't know about, living in the east wing.

I went home to my single wide and cried myself to sleep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 04:40:13 PM »
This.  Most of it.  Not totally sold on the flat tax.

But I watched all of it.  Obama is a mix of an amazing, charismatic motivational speaker and a snarky, petulant crybaby who wants to talk shit to Republicans.  Not that Republicans are any better.

In a perfect world, I would like 0 fed income tax. But it aint happening. Flat tax is the only finite way I know that is fair without opinion on what fair is. Its numbers. Everyone pays the same rate...period. Its not perfect but its the fairest way I know of.

Your last paragraph is a good summary. The line about "I know because I won both elections" just oozed arrogance and "take that". And happened right after he said people need to quit making personal quips, remarks and gotcha moments to score points. Thats the hypocrisy that gripes my ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
In a perfect world, I would like 0 fed income tax. But it aint happening. Flat tax is the only finite way I know that is fair without opinion on what fair is. Its numbers. Everyone pays the same rate...period. Its not perfect but its the fairest way I know of.

Your last paragraph is a good summary. The line about "I know because I won both elections" just oozed arrogance and "take that". And happened right after he said people need to quit making personal quips, remarks and gotcha moments to score points. Thats the hypocrisy that gripes my ass.

That right there says more about the people in this country than about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 05:08:02 PM »

That right there says more about the people in this country than about him.

He literally said that shit so smugly in the middle of a what had appeared to be a pragmatic point. Unreal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE