« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 12:21:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: WRs after Coates & Williams
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
This guy VVVVV right down there.  That's the guy I'm talking about.  from Joel Erickson at the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Bowl practices are an opportunity for a freshman asked to redshirt his first season on campus to finally show the coaches how far he's come.

During the season, redshirting freshmen often spend most of their time on the scout team, out of the offense and somewhat off the radar. In bowl practices, when teams tend to focus on younger players, those freshmen get their chance.

And at least one freshman is making a good early impression as the Tigers began practicing for the Outback Bowl.

"[Wide receiver] Myron Burton did some really good things," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said on Tuesday. "I was really impressed by some things he did."

Burton, a 6-foot-3, 200-pounder whose father was a defensive end on Auburn's incredible 1993 team, arrived on campus off the radar as a three-star prospect playing behind a deep, experienced receiving corps.

Now, with Quan Bray graduating, Sammie Coates on his way to the NFL and the possibility that D'haquille Williams may also choose to pursue NFL opportunities, the Tigers' younger receivers will be in much sharper focus this offseason.

Burton still has a long way to go, but he's got the kind of attitude the coaches want to see.

"He's tough, he's a competitor," Lashlee said. "We take a guy who has been on scout team all year. He's coming back over, and we're calling plays and some of them he ran in fall camp and some of them he's never heard of, so we're kind of helping out with what to do."

Even if Burton's a little raw, he's been a battler in practices so far.

And that's the kind of mentality the Tigers want to see from a young player in bowl practices.

"Whether he does it right or not, now he's made some plays, but he plays hard, he plays physical, he doesn't get tired," Lashlee said. "I just like his attitude. "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:33 PM »
This guy VVVVV right down there.  That's the guy I'm talking about.  from Joel Erickson at the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Bowl practices are an opportunity for a freshman asked to redshirt his first season on campus to finally show the coaches how far he's come.

During the season, redshirting freshmen often spend most of their time on the scout team, out of the offense and somewhat off the radar. In bowl practices, when teams tend to focus on younger players, those freshmen get their chance.

And at least one freshman is making a good early impression as the Tigers began practicing for the Outback Bowl.

"[Wide receiver] Myron Burton did some really good things," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said on Tuesday. "I was really impressed by some things he did."

Burton, a 6-foot-3, 200-pounder whose father was a defensive end on Auburn's incredible 1993 team, arrived on campus off the radar as a three-star prospect playing behind a deep, experienced receiving corps.

Now, with Quan Bray graduating, Sammie Coates on his way to the NFL and the possibility that D'haquille Williams may also choose to pursue NFL opportunities, the Tigers' younger receivers will be in much sharper focus this offseason.

Burton still has a long way to go, but he's got the kind of attitude the coaches want to see.

"He's tough, he's a competitor," Lashlee said. "We take a guy who has been on scout team all year. He's coming back over, and we're calling plays and some of them he ran in fall camp and some of them he's never heard of, so we're kind of helping out with what to do."

Even if Burton's a little raw, he's been a battler in practices so far.

And that's the kind of mentality the Tigers want to see from a young player in bowl practices.

"Whether he does it right or not, now he's made some plays, but he plays hard, he plays physical, he doesn't get tired," Lashlee said. "I just like his attitude. "

I know it ain't going to happen but I would rather see the young guys all play and get game experience for next year than to watch the Seniors. (Some of whom may take it easy in order to not get hurt)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »

I know it ain't going to happen but I would rather see the young guys all play and get game experience for next year than to watch the Seniors. (Some of whom may take it easy in order to not get hurt)

Was listening to sports talk at lunch and the host was basically saying TJ Traitor Yeldon isn't practicing because his ankle isn't 100%.  He said it was fishy as hayull and he's tanking it right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Was listening to sports talk at lunch and the host was basically saying TJ Traitor Yeldon isn't practicing because his ankle isn't 100%.  He said it was fishy as hayull and he's tanking it right now.

Usually with big time stars, I would say I don't blame them.  But Yeldon?  Dude would be lucky to go in the 3rd round. 

He needs to show out against top competition in a high pressure environment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »
Usually with big time stars, I would say I don't blame them.  But Yeldon?  Dude would be lucky to go in the 3rd round. 

He needs to show out against top competition in a high pressure environment.

From watching him, I agree with you.  But I just pulled up 4 different NFL prospect ranking sites (Including Mel Eddie Munster Kiper) and most have him top 3 behind Gurley and Gordon.  I'm not impressed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
From watching him, I agree with you.  But I just pulled up 4 different NFL prospect ranking sites (Including Mel Eddie Munster Kiper) and most have him top 3 behind Gurley and Gordon. I'm not impressed.

But do you care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »

But do you care?

Well, it is on the sign.  Yeldon may turn out to be a bada$$ pro.  I'm certainly no expert but most of those that call themselves experts seem to think he'll go pretty high.  I've just never thought he had that WOW factor.  No explosiveness where he takes the handoff and is shot out of a cannon.  He looks like he runs stiff legged and doesn't lift his knees.  He'll probably be all-pro considering my talent evaluation skillz.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions