Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WRs after Coates & Williams

jmar

Re: WRs after Coates & Williams
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 12:00:56 PM »
If you're pretty sure that Gus is really calling the plays, then a logical choice for OC if Lashlee left would be Ryan Aplin.
I want whomever JJ is comfy wiff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »
If you're pretty sure that Gus is really calling the plays, then a logical choice for OC if Lashlee left would be Ryan Aplin.

That's crazy talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
Can't forget about Craig's recruiting either.

We will have a top three offensive mind (Malzahn), a top three defensive mind (Muschamp), ace offensive recruiter (Craig), ace defensive recruiter (TRob), and bagman-runner Rodney Garner on staff.  We should have top five recruiting classes every year.
Yup and all we need now is a mindset to crush opponents rather than play footsies with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
A new scheme and having people in the right places will make a world of difference.  However, we're still several Jimmy's and Joe's away from being where we need to be.
I would prefer Dequandre's and Jamell's over Jimmies and Joe's but I get your point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
I would prefer Dequandre's and Jamell's over Jimmies and Joe's but I get your point.

Well then, who is suppose to carry the Gatorade?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
Well then, who is suppose to carry the Gatorade?

:huh:   he's on the payroll might as well make him earn something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »

:huh:   he's on the payroll might as well make him earn something.

He is busy carrying clip boards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
He is busy carrying clip boards.

For what he is making he can do both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
Since Craig is the Co-OC, I'd think he'd step in to be OC if Lashlee were to leave and Aplin would step in to the QB Coach position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 06:33:50 PM »
Since Craig is the Co-OC, I'd think he'd step in to be OC if Lashlee were to leave and Aplin would step in to the QB Coach position.
And this could be the best combination... Who knows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
Someone please tell me Harbison is gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »
Someone please tell me Harbison is gone.
He's not gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
Did I miss something did Lashlee leave?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
Did I miss something did Lashlee leave?

He missed the UGA game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:53 AM »
He missed the UGA game.
Yes but he gave a two week notice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »
Thankfully, with GF's and Prowler's incredible inside connections, we don't have to ponder this question. It doesn't bother me at all to see a guy leave early for the NFL. "Early" is misleading because most of the time, if a guy is going to be in the top 3 rounds, you can tell before his junior year.

Anywho, I wish Duke the best and even though it was but one year, I'm thankful to have seen him play. He reminds me so much of me that it brings a tear. Jump up there and tear the ball away from 2 or 3 defenders kind of good. And then run up in the stands and slap they momma.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/dhaquille_williams_sets_record.html
D'haquille Williams sets record straight as fans wonder about Auburn receiver's future
Print
Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By  Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on December 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM, updated December 16, 2014 at 8:13 PM

AUBURN, Alabama -- D'haquille Williams is not going anywhere -- yet.

The Auburn receiver is still contemplating whether to go pro or return for his senior season, but that didn't stop him from setting Twitter ablaze with speculation Tuesday with one simple message: "I have to do what's best for me and my family."

Williams has discussed his future with Gus Malzahn, offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee and receivers coach Dameyune Craig in recent days. On the heels of Sammie Coates declaring for the NFL Draft on Monday, all eyes have turned to Williams as he ponders whether to declare for the NFL Draft.

"He's not quite sure what he's going to do yet," Lashlee said.

Williams, who missed practice Tuesday due to illness, echoed that stance in a follow-up message to fans on Twitter: "I said I have to do what's best for my family so that don't (sic) mean I'm going pro or coming back yet."

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper projects Williams as a late-first to mid-second round pick in the NFL Draft. Kiper's opinion, however, is not what Williams is paying attention to in the coming weeks. A round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board will have a big influence on his decision.

AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee talks after practice Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014, about Duke Williams possibly entering the NFL draft early. (Julie Bennett/ jbennett@al.com)

Williams' draft stock is on the rise following a seven-catch, 121-yard performance in the Tigers' 55-44 loss at No. 1 Alabama on Nov. 29. He was overshadowed by Coates' career night of five catches for 206 yards and a pair of touchdowns, but Williams made several difficult grabs on an injured knee that impressed scouts. Auburn's most consistent receiver leads the Tigers with 45 catches for 730 yards and five touchdowns despite missing two games with a sprained MCL.

"As a coach, if a young man is going to be a first or second round pick, specifically for-sure a first (round), and he's eligible, it's not crazy for him not to go," Lashlee said.

Lashlee pointed to the departures of running back Tre Mason and left tackle Greg Robinson last season. Robinson was picked second overall by the St. Louis Rams and Mason was selected in the third round.

"You try to educate them and just make sure they're listening to the right people because all kinds of people can get in your ear and you never know what they're going to say," Lashlee said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »
Ok a question on the draft. From my understanding if you declare for the draft but don't have an agent (no money upfront) and you get drafted but don't like your spot or team you can go back to college. Correct?

Why not then wait till you get drafted and if you like it then hire an agent the next day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
Ok a question on the draft. From my understanding if you declare for the draft but don't have an agent (no money upfront) and you get drafted but don't like your spot or team you can go back to college. Correct?

Why not then wait till you get drafted and if you like it then hire an agent the next day?

no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."