ESPN Reporting...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: ESPN Reporting...
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

Kind of brings the averae down.

Really?

Chizik was DC for an unbeaten Auburn team in 2004 and was Assistant Coach of the Year
Chizik went to Texas where he led the defense for a national championship team
Chizik came to Auburn in 2009 and hired a quality staff that helped immediately turn around a 5-7 program. In 2010 he was the constant that allowed Auburn to weather a shitstorm of negativity surrounding Cam Newton and with help from the hires he made, delivered us the national championship. He won four national coach of the year awards. (As has every single Auburn head coach since Bryant died). 

I, for one, had come to believe I was going to live my entire life without seeing Auburn legitimately hoist the championship belt.  Gene Chizik put the pieces in place that gave me something I'd dreamed about since I first heard Gusty Yearout and Gary Sanders call an Auburn game on the radio when I was a small child. That guy realized all the dreams I had when I was five years old and put on my homemade plastic Auburn helmet to play in the back yard.

Given time to get over the horror of 2012, you're not going to find me blasting Chizik. 

I hate that he lost control of the program.  I think it was his own hubris that brought him back to earth.  But he turned Gus Malzahn into an Auburn man.  He gave us Cam. He gave us Kodi Burns. He gave us Nick Fairley.  He recruited Chris Davis, Reese Dismukes, Quan Bray, Sammie Coates, Kris Frost, Tre Mason, Gabe Wright, Therezie, Uzomah, Greg Robinson, Whitehead, Ricardo Louis and Cody Parkey among others.

( One thing I noticed is how few of the 2012 recruits are making an impact as compared to 2011.  2011 was a great year. )

Yeah, 2012 was an abortion.  I get that.  But I'd put Chizik's resume up against every single one of Saban's allegedly fantastic protoges and Chizik wins that argument every single time. 

So yeah.  He brings the average up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
His first coaching job Louisville and then Michigan State. He didn't catch up with Saban until 2008 after he had been with the Oakland Raiders and then back to college of Fresno State.

Not going to find me giving a fuck about this.  He has the crimson taint. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
Turns out ol' Chiz got a little cattle in him after all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
Really?

Chizik was DC for an unbeaten Auburn team in 2004 and was Assistant Coach of the Year
Chizik went to Texas where he led the defense for a national championship team
Chizik came to Auburn in 2009 and 1.hired a quality staff that helped immediately turn around a 5-7 program. In 2010 he was the constant that allowed Auburn to weather a shitstorm of negativity surrounding Cam Newton and with help from the hires he made, delivered us the national championship. He won four national coach of the year awards. (As has every single Auburn head coach since Bryant died). 

I, for one, had come to believe I was going to live my entire life without seeing Auburn legitimately hoist the championship belt.  Gene Chizik put the pieces in place that gave me something I'd dreamed about since I first heard Gusty Yearout and Gary Sanders call an Auburn game on the radio when I was a small child. That guy realized all the dreams I had when I was five years old and put on my homemade plastic Auburn helmet to play in the back yard.

Given time to get over the horror of 2012, you're not going to find me blasting Chizik. 

I hate that he lost control of the program.  I think it was his own hubris that brought him back to earth.  But he turned Gus Malzahn into an Auburn man. 2.He gave us Cam. He gave us Kodi Burns. He gave us Nick Fairley.  He recruited Chris Davis, Reese Dismukes, Quan Bray, Sammie Coates, Kris Frost, Tre Mason, Gabe Wright, Therezie, Uzomah, Greg Robinson, Whitehead, Ricardo Louis and Cody Parkey among others.

( One thing I noticed is how few of the 2012 recruits are making an impact as compared to 2011.  2011 was a great year. )

Yeah, 2012 was an abortion.  I get that.  But I'd put Chizik's resume up against every single one of Saban's allegedly fantastic protoges and Chizik wins that argument every single time. 

So yeah.  He brings the average up.

1. This he did, because he had too, He is not the kind of coach that pull teams up.
2. No he didn't-he didn't want cam, had to be talked into getting him.

GC is easy to beat up on. When put in the right situation he can produce, but when forced to lead he fails. As great as 2010 was, 2012 reaffirmed to the unwashed masses that 2010 was just a fluke and that I put squarely on his shoulders. 

GC is not as bad as I try to say, nor is he a good as you claim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »
He gave us Kodi Burns.

Tuberville recruited Kodi.  That 2007 Peach Bowl featured the debut of Franklin's offense, and Kodi scored the game winning touchdown.

And that game continued the Auburn Curse of the Peach Bowl.  Since Bowden, every time we've won that bowl, our coach has been fired the following year (and it was also the last Bowl that Pat Dye coached - and we won that one too).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 12:36:36 AM »
Just so we're clear, Muschamp is a Tuberville protege'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »

You can bet your ass if he went 10-2 every year, he'd be a Saban disciple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 01:56:04 AM »
Tuberville recruited Kodi.  That 2007 Peach Bowl featured the debut of Franklin's offense, and Kodi scored the game winning touchdown.

And that game continued the Auburn Curse of the Peach Bowl.  Since Bowden, every time we've won that bowl, our coach has been fired the following year (and it was also the last Bowl that Pat Dye coached - and we won that one too).

I know he did.  But Chizik is the one who got Kodi to buy into a position change and to stick with us.  He's the one who turned Kodi into an Auburn man.  Well, him and Gus. 

Same with Lutz.  Recruited by Tuberville. One of the first guys Chizik went to see and he decided to stick with us.  He could have gone, but didn't.  Same with Nosa. Same with Emory Blake. 

Yeah maybe Chizik got the big head.  Yeah maybe he was better as a DC who stayed out of the way of the offense.  Maybe he didn't get the big picture when it came to running a program.  But he was a pretty damn good defensive coach for us in 2004.  And he did a pretty damn good job of keeping things together in 2010 when it could very easily have run off the rails. 

I've always been one of his most vocal critics.  I didn't like the hire, I worried that the majesty of 2010 was less his doing and more the staff he put into place. I was unhappy with his self-loving book in which he seemed to suck up way more credit than he deserved. And I was distressed by the constant rumors that he couldn't leave his staff alone and let them do their jobs, he wanted to really be the man. 

It's a hard thing not to meddle.  I understand that.  I've also learned as a boss that I have to let people do what they're supposed to do, and if they don't find somebody else who will.  I can't be standing over them telling them how I want them to do the job I hired them to do or usurping the authority I give them.  I don't think he fully grasped that. 

But all that aside?  Who among Saban's overrated "coaching tree" has done more in his career than Chiz? 

Chizik or Muschamp?  Two national titles, two SEC titles for Chizik.  Muschamp?

Chizik or Derek Dooley?  Hahaha.

Chizik or McElroywaine?  HAHAHAhahahaha. Not close.

Chizk or Dimbulb Fisher?  This one is close. Do you really count Fishfuck as part of Saban's lineage? He spent twice as much time working with Terry Bowden than he did Saban. Even if you give Saban Fisher, the twat coaches in the pussified ACC. He's a piece of dogshit.  If I had to choose one or the other today I'd take Chizik again. I don't want anybody of Fisher's suspect integrity around the Auburn program.

Chizik or Mark D'Antonio?  Chizik has a stronger resume, but D'Antonio isn't chopped liver.  The effort by those with Saban's cock lodged in their throat to count the Michigan State head coach as one of Saban's protoges is laughable.  D'Antonio worked for Jim Tressel for five years. He only worked for Saban for three.  Most telling? When Saban asked him to come to LSU, D'Antonio told the midget to go fuck himself. 

Chizik or Shurmer?  Who the fuck is Pat Shurmur?  He spent two seasons as an assistant with Saban 20 years ago.  The Saban lovers are going to claim that mediocre fuck?  Fine.  Chizik runs circles around him.

Chizik or Josh McDaniels?  The Denver Broncos flop who didn't make it through two seasons was a graduate assistant on Saban's staff when he was 19.  So, yeah.  The Saban worshippers claimed him when he was HC at Denver, but pretend they don't know him now.   

To sum it up?  Chizik, for all his flaws, beats the bleeding blue fuck out of any coach spawned by that motherfucker Saban. 

He brings the average up.  End of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 07:40:07 AM »
I know he did.  But Chizik is the one who got Kodi to buy into a position change and to stick with us.  He's the one who turned Kodi into an Auburn man.  Well, him and Gus. 

Same with Lutz.  Recruited by Tuberville. One of the first guys Chizik went to see and he decided to stick with us.  He could have gone, but didn't.  Same with Nosa. Same with Emory Blake. 

Yeah maybe Chizik got the big head.  Yeah maybe he was better as a DC who stayed out of the way of the offense.  Maybe he didn't get the big picture when it came to running a program.  But he was a pretty damn good defensive coach for us in 2004.  And he did a pretty damn good job of keeping things together in 2010 when it could very easily have run off the rails. 

I've always been one of his most vocal critics.  I didn't like the hire, I worried that the majesty of 2010 was less his doing and more the staff he put into place. I was unhappy with his self-loving book in which he seemed to suck up way more credit than he deserved. And I was distressed by the constant rumors that he couldn't leave his staff alone and let them do their jobs, he wanted to really be the man. 

It's a hard thing not to meddle.  I understand that.  I've also learned as a boss that I have to let people do what they're supposed to do, and if they don't find somebody else who will.  I can't be standing over them telling them how I want them to do the job I hired them to do or usurping the authority I give them.  I don't think he fully grasped that. 

But all that aside?  Who among Saban's overrated "coaching tree" has done more in his career than Chiz? 

Chizik or Muschamp?  Two national titles, two SEC titles for Chizik.  Muschamp?

Chizik or Derek Dooley?  Hahaha.

Chizik or McElroywaine?  HAHAHAhahahaha. Not close.

Chizk or Dimbulb Fisher?  This one is close. Do you really count Fishfuck as part of Saban's lineage? He spent twice as much time working with Terry Bowden than he did Saban. Even if you give Saban Fisher, the twat coaches in the pussified ACC. He's a piece of dogshit.  If I had to choose one or the other today I'd take Chizik again. I don't want anybody of Fisher's suspect integrity around the Auburn program.

Chizik or Mark D'Antonio?  Chizik has a stronger resume, but D'Antonio isn't chopped liver.  The effort by those with Saban's cock lodged in their throat to count the Michigan State head coach as one of Saban's protoges is laughable.  D'Antonio worked for Jim Tressel for five years. He only worked for Saban for three.  Most telling? When Saban asked him to come to LSU, D'Antonio told the midget to go fuck himself. 

Chizik or Shurmer?  Who the fuck is Pat Shurmur?  He spent two seasons as an assistant with Saban 20 years ago.  The Saban lovers are going to claim that mediocre fuck?  Fine.  Chizik runs circles around him.

Chizik or Josh McDaniels?  The Denver Broncos flop who didn't make it through two seasons was a graduate assistant on Saban's staff when he was 19.  So, yeah.  The Saban worshippers claimed him when he was HC at Denver, but pretend they don't know him now.   

To sum it up?  Chizik, for all his flaws, beats the bleeding blue fuck out of any coach spawned by that motherfucker Saban. 

He brings the average up.  End of story.

While I agree with just about all of this, it seems that you're just taking your usual contrarian stance.   When people were jazzed about Chiz, you hated everything about the situation.  Now that he's being castigated, you're going to white knight for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bgreene

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »
While I agree with just about all of this, it seems that you're just taking your usual contrarian stance.   When people were jazzed about Chiz, you hated everything about the situation.  Now that he's being castigated, you're going to white knight for him.

It's always a race thing with you people
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 09:05:35 AM »
Klassic Kaos
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
I don't think anybody has a clue. He's done okay against crap competition in an inferior league.

True but he also is at a crap school and inherited a crap team. Its hard to ignore taking a 3-9 team to possibly 11 wins (if they win a bowl) in 3 years. I think hes a decent coach and solid, but nothing off the charts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »

So McElwain is an Art Shell disciple? I think I am finally getting this logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2014, 09:26:09 AM »

Think what you will. I clearly stated above that I was a vocal and unrepentant critic. He had to go but even so, we all have always agreed that we appreciate what he did at auburn.

My stance is not that he's the greatest thing since wal mart but that his resume is greater than anything that's sprouted from the saban tree.

If you really look closely you see it's more of a defense of Tuberville's legacy than Chizik's. And that's not contrarian at all.  It's consistent.

The Tuberville tree is more fruitful than Saban's. For that matter so is the baby Bowden tree.  Chizik -- as bad as he ended up being -- proves that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Klassic Kaos
The only thing missing in this post is the third k. Maybe klassic kombative Kaos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Think what you will. I clearly stated above that I was a vocal and unrepentant critic. He had to go but even so, we all have always agreed that we appreciate what he did at auburn.

My stance is not that he's the greatest thing since wal mart but that his resume is greater than anything that's sprouted from the saban tree.

If you really look closely you see it's more of a defense of Tuberville's legacy than Chizik's. And that's not contrarian at all.  It's consistent.

The Tuberville tree is more fruitful than Saban's. For that matter so is the baby Bowden tree.  Chizik -- as bad as he ended up being -- proves that.

People can honk Saban or Bear all they want, but Bill Walsh has THE Tree. All Time. And its not even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »

If we are all being honest here, is it really the $aban tree?  I contend it is the Belichick tree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
If we are all being honest here, is it really the $aban tree?  I contend it is the Belichick tree.

Who learned under Parcells who coached under Perkins who was Bahr's boy. Try to follow. You cannot deny the power of the TAGGHHDD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Who learned under Parcells who coached under Perkins who was Bahr's boy. Try to follow. You cannot deny the power of the TAGGHHDD!

Vince Lombardi is not amused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
southcarolina.scout.com/story/1488773-done-deal-muschamp-coming-to-south-caorlina

Done Deal - Muschamp coming to South Carolina

fuck this motherfucker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg