Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If The Regular Season Ended Today

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: If The Regular Season Ended Today
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 03:32:01 PM »
If ISIS were playing bama, I would cheer for ISIS.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »
fuck the Ducks.

i hate them as much as I do Alabama. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »
fuck the Ducks.

i hate them as much as I do Alabama.

West coast haters in da houzzze
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 03:48:44 PM »
There is a big difference Goat-Boy, in your rematch of THE GREATEST GAME THE WORLD WILL EVER BEAR WITNESS TO, Oklahoma State also had 1 loss and had just as much a right to have a chance to play for the MNC as bama did, except for the fact bama had already gotten beat by LSU. 

It would have been #2 bama vs #3 Okie State and #4 vs #1 LSU.  Then if bama won and LSU had won no one would have said shit.
Maybe Oklahoma State shouldn't have lost to Iowa State in the next-to-last game of the regular season.  That was the biggest knock on their resume, and it was late in the season.  Alabama lost 9-6 in OT to the #1 team in the country, and had 3 games after that to make up some ground.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:26 PM »
Maybe Oklahoma State shouldn't have lost to Iowa State in the next-to-last game of the regular season.  That was the biggest knock on their resume, and it was late in the season.  Alabama lost 9-6 in OT to the #1 team in the country, and had 3 games after that to make up some ground.   

You still both had losses, and you lost to the team you were replaying (ie why replay the game you had already lost, they already proved they could beat you), you will never win that argument. 

Especially not here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
You still both had losses, and you lost to the team you were replaying (ie why replay the game you had already lost, they already proved they could beat you), you will never win that argument

Especially not here.

Oh shit, that means he claims number 117,454.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »
Woah.

Woah.

Woah.

Why you gotta fudgein cuss?
I get so tired of the frigging foul-mouthed motherfriggers on here. Dadgummit, it makes me mad. That's what I like about aufamily. Mofos use perfect English and they have real time inside information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
Suck me if I'm wrong, but I think the committee, given the same set of circumstances as 2011, would have LSU and Bama 1 & 2. I've said multiple times, I hate the idea of this committee deciding but I have to give credit where it's due and so far, I think they've gotten it right.  And one of the criteria it's obvious they have used is looking at a win/loss and asking "Who was it against/to?"  They've done that several times already.  Auburn's loss was to MSU.  We stayed in the mix.  Bama's loss was to Ole Miss, then highly ranked. They didn't rip Bama too bad.  TCU jumped a bunch of teams after beating KSU.  Most people thought if Bama beat MSU, the committee would see the Bulldogs for who we all think they really are.  Nope, their only loss is to what is now the #1 team.  They stay in the playoffs.

Having said that, as much as I fricking hated the Bama/LSU rematch and taking my Turd hatred out of it, no way I give OSU the nod with a loss to Iowa State over Bama's 3 point loss to #1.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »
Suck me if I'm wrong, but I think the committee, given the same set of circumstances as 2011, would have LSU and Bama 1 & 2. I've said multiple times, I hate the idea of this committee deciding but I have to give credit where it's due and so far, I think they've gotten it right.  And one of the criteria it's obvious they have used is looking at a win/loss and asking "Who was it against/to?"  They've done that several times already.  Auburn's loss was to MSU.  We stayed in the mix.  Bama's loss was to Ole Miss, then highly ranked. They didn't rip Bama too bad.  TCU jumped a bunch of teams after beating KSU.  Most people thought if Bama beat MSU, the committee would see the Bulldogs for who we all think they really are.  Nope, their only loss is to what is now the #1 team.  They stay in the playoffs.

Having said that, as much as I fricking hated the Bama/LSU rematch and taking my Turd hatred out of it, no way I give OSU the nod with a loss to Iowa State over Bama's 3 point loss to #1.

Would like to think even undefeated they would not get the nod with that pansy ass schedule they have.

Two ranked teams (#25 Minnesota being one of them)

Sat 8/30 Navy @  Navy W 34 - 17
Sat 9/6 Virginia Tech  Virginia Tech L 21 - 35
Sat 9/13 Kent St.  Kent St. W 66 - 0
Sat 9/27 Cincinnati  Cincinnati W 50 - 28
Sat 10/4 Maryland @  Maryland W 52 - 24
Sat 10/18 Rutgers  Rutgers W 56 - 17
Sat 10/25 Penn St. @  Penn St. W 31 - 24
Sat 11/1 Illinois  Illinois W 55 - 14
Sat 11/8 Michigan St. @ (8) Michigan St. W 49 - 37
Sat 11/15 Minnesota @ (25) Minnesota W 31 - 24
Sat 11/22 Indiana  Indiana 12:00 pm ET
Sat 11/29 Michigan  Michigan 12:00 pm ET

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »

Different time and different format. This year having both teams in would be acceptable because ultimately two other teams get a chance to prove their worth too. In 2011, there were only two picked, and one had beaten the other. The rematch never should have happened in that scenario.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 04:53:22 PM »

Would like to think even undefeated they would not get the nod with that pansy ass schedule they have.

Yeah he is talking about a different year and Oklahoma State University (OSU)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »

<sigh>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »
Different time and different format. This year having both teams in would be acceptable because ultimately two other teams get a chance to prove their worth too. In 2011, there were only two picked, and one had beaten the other. The rematch never should have happened in that scenario.

And in even a different scenario and format than that.  FSU/UF rematch. Immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
Yeah he is talking about a different year and Oklahoma State University (OSU)

Yea, I see that now. The 2011 in his thread did not really matter to me.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Sorry, but the arguments against that rematch are only because it involves the Turds. Not one soul on this board would be saying that, if you replaced Bama with Auburn that year.  I can hear it now.

"Oh man, they put us in the MNC game against a team that already beat us.  I know it was just a 3 point loss but dadgummit, it's just not right. They need to give OSU a chance.  I just don't feel good about this." :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
I cannot make myself interested. I guess you could say I'm apythetic.

If AU isn't in the playoff, I do not care. Would like to see the Sec represent but I'm like Donald Duck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 05:31:56 PM »
Sorry, but the arguments against that rematch are only because it involves the Turds. Not one soul on this board would be saying that, if you replaced Bama with Auburn that year.  I can hear it now.

"Oh man, they put us in the MNC game against a team that already beat us.  I know it was just a 3 point loss but dadgummit, it's just not right. They need to give OSU a chance.  I just don't feel good about this." :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I would take it just like the Alabama fans do. However, it shouldn't have happened. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Michigan and Ohio State. In that scenario, the top two teams shouldn't come from teams that have played each other.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 07:42:11 PM »
I would take it just like the Alabama fans do. However, it shouldn't have happened. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Michigan and Ohio State. In that scenario, the top two teams shouldn't come from teams that have played each other.
Same argument as before:  Why can't a team that was beaten by the best not be second best later in the season?  If those are the best two, those are the best two.  Just like now, the best 4 are the best 4 regardless of whether it produces a rematch or not.  If the playoffs started today, Bama would be playing MSU again.  Why?  I mean, we already know the outcome, right?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
I'm like Donald Duck.

Not wearing any pants?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.