Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lawyer be tweeting Jameis accusers name

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Lawyer be tweeting Jameis accusers name
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
Why would he do this? I bet her dad is pissed. I'm assuming they are upset that they don't have more time to prepare for the conduct hearing but what is there to prepare for? I don't understand why Jameis needs an attorney for this. He just needs to get in there and tell the truth. Unless, of course, he has something to hide. Surely it's not that. I wonder who's paying for this high powered attorney. It's not like it's any of the jack legged barely licensed lawyers we have around here. This guy appears legitimate. Do Jameis' folks pay for this or the school?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/jameis_winstons_attorney_tweet.html#incart_river

Print
John Talty | jtalty@al.com By  John Talty | jtalty@al.com   
Follow on Twitter
on November 04, 2014 at 11:35 PM, updated November 05, 2014 at 5:53 AM
David Cornwell, the attorney representing Jameis Winston, publicly tweeted Winston's accuser's name on Tuesday.

The tweet was seemingly in reference to Winston's student conduct code hearing set for Nov. 17. AL.com has decided to redact the woman's name.

AL.com reached out to Cornwell and John Clune, the accuser's attorney, for further comment, but neither could be immediately reached.

Winston, a Hueytown graduate, faces four conduct code violations stemming from a December 2012 incident. Two of the violations pertain to sexual misconduct, as a woman accused Winston of sexually assaulting her. Winston, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, was never charged for the incident.

Winston has publicly maintained his innocence.

Retired Florida Supreme Court justice Major Harding has been tabbed as the person to handle the student conduct hearing. If Winston is found guilty of violating the student conduct code, he could face punishment as severe as expulsion from the university.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Lawyer be tweeting Jameis accusers name
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »
It doesn't matter, I have already stated exactly how this will go down.

He will be found guilty and thrown out of FSU sometime around the middle of January.  He will then declare for the draft.

FSU will pat themselves on the back and say look we threw out our star athlete we have morals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »

He will be found guilty and thrown out of FSU sometime around the middle of January.  He will then declare for the draft.

FSU will pat themselves on the back and say look we threw out our star athlete we have morals.
The only thing that matters is what the committee thinks. Or, maybe that's the wrong committee. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »
ESPN and Thayer Evans will write a story on how good FSU and Jimbo Fisher are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
Pete Thamel will write an Auburn hit piece.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »

If he thought there was any real chance of being found guilty, he should play the next two games and drop out of school. Without the hearing, there's no chance of a public proclamation that he sexually assaulted someone.  If they do find him guilty, given the current climate in the NFL, they may not touch him right now.  Think about Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson etc.  I know a hearing at FSU is not a legal proceeding and it's certainly not the same as charges being filed.  But as high profile as this case is, if you have a finding of guilt on a sexual assault accusation, he may cost himself millions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 11:03:44 AM »
If he thought there was any real chance of being found guilty, he should play the next two games and drop out of school. Without the hearing, there's no chance of a public proclamation that he sexually assaulted someone.  If they do find him guilty, given the current climate in the NFL, they may not touch him right now.  Think about Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson etc.  I know a hearing at FSU is not a legal proceeding and it's certainly not the same as charges being filed.  But as high profile as this case is, if you have a finding of guilt on a sexual assault accusation, he may cost himself millions.
So, are you saying that Winston (and or his handlers) needs this or wants this to take place? I hadn't considered that.

It would make sense that they either "know" or feel comfortable that he gets a clean slate or he wouldn't go through with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
So, are you saying that Winston (and or his handlers) needs this or wants this to take place? I hadn't considered that.

It would make sense that they either "know" or feel comfortable that he gets a clean slate or he wouldn't go through with it.

True dat.  I read a Sports Illustrated piece a few weeks back suggesting he should skrongly consider withdrawing from school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
In the court of public perception isn't that just as bad? Basically saying he admits to doing it, why else withdraw from school?

I think he has already cost himself millions. I still think he goes second round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
In the court of public perception isn't that just as bad? Basically saying he admits to doing it, why else withdraw from school?

I think he has already cost himself millions. I still think he goes second round.
I don't.

He'll be taken, but it will be very, very, late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »
Baltimore wants Ray Rice on the field.  The Vikings would love to have Peterson in uniform.  I doubt either organization really gives a flippity frip about Rice going all slapaho or Peterson striping his kid.  The bottom line is had there not been a public record of it and those incidents were known only to the organizations themselves, neither of them would have missed a down.  But it was made public and the outcry condemning the NFL for not being the leader in taking up that banner in the fight against Ho Slapping and child abuse forced them to take positions you know they didn't want to take.

The crab legs and FHRITP incidents probably hurt him a bit in the eyes of a small percentage of NFL scouts.  But make no mistake that if there's no public record of a finding of sexual assault either by the police or FSU, he's probably taken first or second.  Take all the outside shit away and evaluate him strictly on performance, he's a bad mofo.  Every NFL team would love to have a mobile 6'5" QB that can make all the throws.  And he can.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 12:29:24 PM »
Every NFL team would love to have a mobile 6'5" QB that can make all the throws.  And he can.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
Peterson plead down to a misdemeanor charge - which is less than a DUI in terms of NFL level punishments.  He might sit a game, maybe 2.  But that will be it.

He was fortunate that this happened in one of the most rural and conservative counties in TX (also happens to be the one I live in).  Folks around here think nothing about spanking their kids and don't see what some uppity Yankee woman got her panties in a twist about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »
Peterson plead down to a misdemeanor charge - which is less than a DUI in terms of NFL level punishments.  He might sit a game, maybe 2.  But that will be it.

He was fortunate that this happened in one of the most rural and conservative counties in TX (also happens to be the one I live in).  Folks around here think nothing about spanking their kids and don't see what some uppity Yankee woman got her panties in a twist about.

Imagine how twisted said panties will be if they find Winston committed a Struggle Snuggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

Except it was a little more than a whippin'.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
Baltimore wants Ray Rice on the field.  The Vikings would love to have Peterson in uniform.  I doubt either organization really gives a flippity frip about Rice going all slapaho or Peterson striping his kid.  The bottom line is had there not been a public record of it and those incidents were known only to the organizations themselves, neither of them would have missed a down.  But it was made public and the outcry condemning the NFL for not being the leader in taking up that banner in the fight against Ho Slapping and child abuse forced them to take positions you know they didn't want to take.

The crab legs and FHRITP incidents probably hurt him a bit in the eyes of a small percentage of NFL scouts.  But make no mistake that if there's no public record of a finding of sexual assault either by the police or FSU, he's probably taken first or second.  Take all the outside shit away and evaluate him strictly on performance, he's a bad mofo.  Every NFL team would love to have a mobile 6'5" QB that can make all the throws.  And he can.     
Tony Dungy disagrees.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399806/article/tony-dungy-says-he-wouldnt-draft-jameis-winston

Tony Dungy says he wouldn't draft Jameis Winston

By Chase Goodbread

Sept. 23, 2014 at 07:13

"As of now, I wouldn't. I'd have to do a lot of research and go in and talk to him. But you don't want the face of your franchise, the guy you're going to take with a top-five pick, to have those off-the-field issues," Dungy said Tuesday during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show. "You just don't. Where you'd have to draft him, no, I'd be very, very hesitant at this point."

Winston, of course, won't have to worry about his stock in the 2015 NFL Draft if he takes the advice of various NFL personnel men that have weighed in on his pending decision as a third-year sophomore of whether to turn pro early or not. That advice has been to stay in school for at least one more year to rehabilitate his image as a starting quarterback who can handle the role of being an NFL franchise's most recognizable player. NFL Media analyst Charles Davis believes FSU mishandled Winston's most recent discipline.

Patrick asked Dungy about the notion that the risk on Winston would be reduced if he were to be drafted with a later pick.

"You don't have as big an investment, the expectations aren't there," Dungy said. "But if he becomes your starting quarterback and those issues aren't resolved, you still have those same problems. You still have the same issues. You'd have the same thing with Johnny Manziel whether you took him as the first pick, or the 25th pick."

He will drop at least as low as Manziel. I think lower.

All of your reasoning RE: the NFL not giving a flip about Rice and Peterson's behavior were true. But now, they're under so much scrutiny for it, they're going to have no choice but to crack down on this type of shit.

Jameis will be in the first draft class in which that will weigh heavily on coaches & owners' decision to draft a guy. I don't think most franchises want the sideshow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 03:25:04 PM »
Except it was a little more than a whippin'.

Didn't say I agreed.  I said this is a rural and conservative county.  I can think of plenty of counties in Alabama where even the severity of that punishment would draw not much more than a raised eyebrow.

Had that been in Harris or Travis County, TX, he'd be headed to the slammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »
Tony Dungy disagrees.

Not for nuttin , but I didn't realize press folks drafted players.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:34:51 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 03:34:35 PM »
I don't.

He'll be taken, but it will be very, very, late.
Wait...You disagreed with me then said the same thing.  You know I said second round not second overall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
Wait...You disagreed with me then said the same thing.  You know I said second round not second overall.

Dude he heard at least 3/4 or 64.894328751% of the conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."