Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 2014: NFL Season Thread...
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2014, 03:14:20 PM »
bury the dead they stink up the place.

Coglin's law:  Anything else is something better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
Cam is in a bad place.

Shula absolutely sucks. Trying to make him something he's not. Getting him banged around in the process.

Offensive line is terrible.

No consistent backs. Few options at receiver.

He looks absolutely miserable.  And that makes me sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 03:38:25 AM »
We had a nice draft this year, but the reviews are mixed at best on those who came out. 

Robinson hasn't played much for St. Louis and hasn't contributed much when he has played. He was expected to take a starting role for the Rams and just hasn't made that move.

I've seen talk that Tre Mason simply wasn't ready for the NFL and came out a year too early.  He didn't have a good preseason. The Rams made him inactive this week and put an undrafted rookie RB out there instead. 

Chris Davis made the San Diego roster as an undrafted free agent, but so far as I can tell he hasn't played.

Dee Ford is playing behind a couple of veterans and not getting very many snaps for the Chiefs.  His highest output is something like 13 snaps and he doesn't have any stats for the season.

Cody Parkey is 8-9 on field goals and 14-14 on PATs.  Game-winning 36 yarder against the Colts, 51-yarder to put the game out of reach against the Redskins (I like typing that word).  Three weeks in he was the NFL's leading scorer. First Eagles kicker to make two 50-yarders in a season since 2008.  And nearly 70% of his kickoffs are touchbacks.  FWIW, Parkey was an undrafted free agent with the Colts and traded to Philly two weeks prior to the start of the season. He's rocking it. 

Jay Prosch has played in all four games for the Texans.  Caught his first pass of the season, a 24 yard gain, today.  Has no rushing yards.  He sent a former Bama player packing when he made the roster, so that was a huge plus.  Seems to have a positive upside for Houston. 

Meanwhile Neiko Thorpe, who was a freshman at Auburn in 1942 and left the Tigers when he missed the bus in Manhattan Kansas a week ago, is on an NFL roster.  Well, sort of NFL.  He made the Raiders roster again. He's yet to look back for a ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 08:38:05 AM »
Cam is in a bad place.

Shula absolutely sucks. Trying to make him something he's not. Getting him banged around in the process.

It's more so the GM who gave big hefty contracts to two running backs - that aren't all that impressive to begin with - instead of opening up the bank for receivers and linemen.  It's been about a decade since the NFL became officially centered on the play of the quarterback.  I don't know why Carolina's GM hasn't realized that yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »
Meanwhile Neiko Thorpe, who was a freshman at Auburn in 1942 and left the Tigers when he missed the bus in Manhattan Kansas a week ago, is on an NFL roster.  Well, sort of NFL.  He made the Raiders roster again. He's yet to look back for a ball.

I thought he snuck back onto the team and just got suspended at AU under the name Jermaine Whitehead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2014, 10:26:04 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »

Cheaters never prosper.  Except in Tuscaloosa.  Move the Saints there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »
Cheaters never prosper.  Except in Tuscaloosa.  Move the Saints there.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
Cam is in a bad place.

Steve Smith made them look dumb yesterday for letting him go. Which was a big mistake.

He was the only weapon Cam had. I also feel bad for Cam. He's in a very bad situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »
Steve Smith made them look dumb yesterday for letting him go. Which was a big mistake.

He was the only weapon Cam had. I also feel bad for Cam. He's in a very bad situation.

Not for long...Isn't this his contract year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2014, 01:54:28 PM »

Hopefully he will be "advised" to go elsewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »

Cam Watch 2014? 

Doesn't look promising though.  Oakland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, New York (Jets), Tampa Bay, and Tennessee could use quarterbacks.  Would be a shit show no matter where he ends up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
Cam Watch 2014? 

Doesn't look promising though.  Oakland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, New York (Jets), Tampa Bay, and Tennessee could use quarterbacks.  Would be a shit show no matter where he ends up.

NY and Oakland = where players go to be irrelevant.

The others at least have potential. Esp St L. and TB. They have good coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 09:46:40 AM »
The Kansas City/N.E. game was a snoozer. K.C. took control of dat a$$ from the start.  I was flipping back and forth and came back to it with under 6:00 to go.  41-14 and K.C. has the ball....and the starting QB is still in.  Not saying they were trying to run up the score. But that has long since been the norm for NFL teams.  I don't care if you're up 52-3 with 1:00 to go.  Manning will still be the one to kneel on it at the end.  The starting QB rarely leaves the game in the NFL. Don't know if they ever did take Smith out but he had no business in the game at that point.  Way too much can happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »
The Kansas City/N.E. game was a snoozer. K.C. took control of dat a$$ from the start.  I was flipping back and forth and came back to it with under 6:00 to go.  41-14 and K.C. has the ball....and the starting QB is still in.  Not saying they were trying to run up the score. But that has long since been the norm for NFL teams.  I don't care if you're up 52-3 with 1:00 to go.  Manning will still be the one to kneel on it at the end.  The starting QB rarely leaves the game in the NFL. Don't know if they ever did take Smith out but he had no business in the game at that point.  Way too much can happen.

Did Brady seriously get benched? I did not watch but read that. He has become a liability to NE. Who would have thought it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 10:36:54 AM »
Did Brady seriously get benched? I did not watch but read that. He has become a liability to NE. Who would have thought it?

I didn't see that.  I was just flipping back and forth.  Now having said that about leaving the starting QB in, I guess I see it mainly when the team is up big.  But if a team is the recipient of getting hammered, they usually sit the guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 10:39:08 AM »
I didn't see that.  I was just flipping back and forth.  Now having said that about leaving the starting QB in, I guess I see it mainly when the team is up big.  But if a team is the recipient of getting hammered, they usually sit the guy.
That is how I viewed it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »

From the reading I have done on the game, it seemed to sound like he was the reason for a lot of the beating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
From the reading I have done on the game, it seemed to sound like he was the reason for a lot of the beating.
He threw 2 picks and had a fumble.  The fumble was a blindside lick.  They were getting their ass beat before the first pick he threw, but he certainly did them no favors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum