Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
IDK man, I just saw it on the news and it looks like the new evidence hadn't made much of an impact amongst the various protesters. Perhaps the looters/rioters will be more reasonable and open minded.
All that matters is that Brown was black and shot by the police.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »
IDK man, I just saw it on the news and it looks like the new evidence hadn't made much of an impact amongst the various protesters. Perhaps the looters/rioters will be more reasonable and open minded.

the narrative amongst the locals has went from:

"that little angel was just walking home and got shot for no reason other than he was black!"

to

"well, ok, yeah so he robbed a store...is that so bad? that doesnt mean he should have died! That cop is still a racist."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:22:27 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »

"that little angel was just walking home and got shot for no reason other than he was black!"

to

"well, ok, yeah so he robbed a store...is that so bad? that doesnt mean he should have died! That cop is still a racist."

I like how many are refusing to admit that his violence in robbing the store is by no means indicative of his ability to assault and threaten a police officer.  "Yeah he robbed the store.  Yeah he choked that clerk.  But no, there's no way he didn't get physical with a cop."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 03:30:34 PM »
Ferguson just got much quieter.

Seriously?

You think that the rioters care about facts and injustice? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2014, 03:33:25 PM »
What kullah was the officer?  Enquiring minds want to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
Why does it always have to be about color with you people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »

Why does it always have to be about color with you people?

Because it always is with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
Seriously?

You think that the rioters care about facts and injustice? Really?

No, it actually did. Not sure why but I read something that said the new Highway Patrol Guy settled it down a lot. They are still bitching and making excuses but in a less violent manner now. Who knows. But a lot of this new info and footage should be squashing it totally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
Mikey were a goot boy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2014, 04:46:01 PM »
I think this is a good time to announce the birth of a new Auburn message board: WT'sTigersx.com

READ BEFORE THIS GETS DELETED! It is time for a change.

This will be a place that a diverse group of Auburn people can intelligently discuss politics, religion and Auburn. Most races and religions are welcome. (Jews and Mexicans pay an additional $10 per month and two months in advance)

There will be an ask WT section on the site, where you can ask WT anything from financial advice, questions about how to improve your sex life, home remedies and repair questions and of course; Auburn football. It is a self improvement site where WT will coach you into becoming successful.

WT'stigersx will also have a dating section, where WT will match you with the AU partner of your dreams. Ladies just need to send photos (swimsuit or nude), which will be kept confidential.

WT will try to answer difficult questions, like: Can Auburn repeat 2013's success? And: Can Auburn win right away this year?

WT'sTigersx will kick the season off with a raffle in which you will have a chance to win a surprise meeting with Auburn greats: Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, Cam Newton, Pat Dye, Gus Malzahn and many, many more. Send in your $25 now for this once in a lifetime opportunity.

The bylaws and rules aren't complete but here are a few of the NO's, to give you an idea of what to expect.

1. No homos 2. No racists 4. No Updykes 5. No Pigs 6. No washed up attorneys 7. No communists/liberals (i.e. homos) 8. No inappropriate behavior (WT's discretion) 9. No AUChizad

First month is free and then you will be charged the incredibly great value of $12.99 per month ($29.99 for Jews and Mexicans)

War Eagle and we look forward to seeing you on WT'sTigersx.com. The new #1 forum to talk Auburn sports.

Come on its like you don't even know your stereotypes. Them dirty jews ain't gonna pay extra, everyone knows that. How would you even identify them? Maybe if we get 'em to wear some sort of badge...

Furthermore, meeting all of those upstanding gentlemen would be an honor but I would personally pay more for you to set up a secret meeting between updyke and myself. Cash, unmarked and non-sequential.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:49:12 PM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2014, 01:30:14 AM »

to

I said on day one that I severely doubted he was an angel.

But the robbery shit doesn't matter since the police chief announced that the cop who killed Brown had zero knowledge of this taking place.

And regardless, last I checked, stealing a couple bucks worth of cigars is not an executable offense, and even if it were, that would be up to a jury,  not some cop.

What does matter is whether or not he in fact reached for the cop's gun.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:32:27 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2014, 02:37:31 AM »

But the robbery shit doesn't matter since the police chief announced that the cop who killed Brown had zero knowledge of this taking place.

And regardless, last I checked, stealing a couple bucks worth of cigars is not an executable offense, and even if it were, that would be up to a jury,  not some cop.

Thievery should be an executable offense!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2014, 09:46:09 AM »

Right now, this is a public perception issue.  The story that came out - much like Trayvon - was that Mike Brown was an innocent little kid who was just walking down the street.  An officer didn't like it so he yelled at Brown to get off the street then forced Brown into a physical altercation then shot him up execution style while Brown was begging for his life. 

The story's changed.  Brown was involved in a violent robbery just before an officer asked him to get out of the street.  Therefore, he most definitely was capable of instigating a violent altercation with the cop and was not just some innocent kid going to get ice cream. 

Maybe the lawyers can opine, but could the robbery be used in court?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »

I've executed men for less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »
Although the LEO didnt know that Brown had been involved in a strong armed robbery, Brown knew he had been. I think it's reasonable to think that Brown believed the LEO was getting out of his car because Brown was involved in a robbery.  I'm starting to believe there will be evidence that suggests the shooting was justified.  Maybe it wasn't, but it's clearly starting to look that way. And if the lone eye witness was present during the robbery, he loses his credibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
Although the LEO didnt know that Brown had been involved in a strong armed robbery, Brown knew he had been. I think it's reasonable to think that Brown believed the LEO was getting out of his car because Brown was involved in a robbery.  I'm starting to believe there will be evidence that suggests the shooting was justified.  Maybe it wasn't, but it's clearly starting to look that way. And if the lone eye witness was present during the robbery, he loses his credibility.
I'm starting to think the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »
We need to pass another gun law. This new law
Will help keep more of Obama's so
ns alive!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2014, 06:16:24 AM »
My oh my how this case has done a complete 180 in the last 2 days.  :facepalm:

Little angel shot in the back just walking home from grandma's by a racist honkey ass cop to......

Pictures throwing up gang signs, robbery, assaulting a cop.

Ferguson just got much quieter.
Did he wear his hat backwards in those photos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »
So, your atty general of the U.S. tells the Mo. national guard to move the damn tanks. The message isn't about the rioting, stealing, and havoc in the streets. It's a message to the gov and law enforcement, telling them to "move the damn tanks".

This should make us all feel really good about our leadership.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/missouri_national_guard_headed.html#incart_most-comments
The Missouri National Guard is being sent to Ferguson, Mo., to help quell unrest following another night of clashes between police and protesters upset over the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed an executive order Monday deploying National Guard troops to the St. Louis suburb, CNN is reporting.

"Given these deliberate, coordinated and intensifying violent attacks on lives and property in Ferguson, I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard ... in restoring peace and order to this community," Nixon said in a statement.

The move comes after the eighth night of unrest following the Aug. 9 shooting death of Michael Brown, 18. Brown was killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, and an autopsy released Sunday showed Brown was shot six times, including twice in the head. The Department of Justice will also conduct its own autopsy.

Two civilians were shot Sunday, though not by police, according to Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson, a Ferguson native who has become the face of law enforcement brought in to calm the situation. Johnson said officers stepped up enforcement – including using tear gas against the crowds – after protesters fired at police and threw Molotov cocktails.

"Tonight, a Sunday that started with prayers and messages of unity, peace and justice took a very different turn after dark," Johnson said early Monday morning.

St. Louis Alderman and Auburn University graduate Antonio French sent out the following via social media Monday.

Start of school delayed

The Ferguson-Florissant School District, along with three neighboring districts, announced they would not be open today. Students in the Ferguson district were supposed to start school last Thursday, but that was delayed. On Monday, the district announced it would delay the start of school yet again.

Schools are expected to start Tuesday, but students are being asked not to walk to class.
Justice Department plans autopsy
On Sunday it was announced the U.S. Justice Department will conduct a third autopsy on Brown. Dozens of Federal Bureau of Investigation agents have also arrived in the town, the Wall Street Journal reports, and federal officials are conducting a probe into whether Brown's civil rights were violated.

Federal officials had earlier criticized Ferguson police for releasing a video showing Brown apparently robbing a local convenience store shortly before he was shot. The video's release set off another round of protests in the St. Louis suburb, as questions over the techniques used by police continue to mount.

On Thursday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder talked to law-enforcement officials on how to scale back the militarized presence of police.

"Tell them to remove the damn tanks," Holder said, according to the Wall-Street Journal report.

Brown family calls for arrest

Brown's family is calling for the arrest the officer involved in the shooting.

Brown family attorney Daryl Parks said the call comes after an independent autopsy shows the unarmed teenager was shot six times, including twice in the head.

"Why would he be shot in the very top of his head, a 6-foot-4 man?" Parks asked. "It makes no sense."

The family contends Brown was shot from behind and above, though Dr. Michael Baden, who conducted the autopsy, cautioned that several scenarios could have resulted in the wounds. In a widely-televised live news conference Monday, Baden said nothing in the autopsy suggested Brown died during a struggle though police maintained he was killed after he reached into Officer Darren Wilson's car as the two were fighting for the policeman's weapon.

Baden said the autopsy showed one bullet hit Brown on the top of the head and another entered just above the right eyebrow. Four other wounds were all to the arm.

(The wounds) "could be consistent with (Brown) going forward or going backward," Baden said.
The shots that killed Brown were fired from between 1 and 30 feet away.

Brown's family is calling for the arrest the officer involved in the shooting.

Brown family attorney Daryl Parks said the call comes after an independent autopsy shows the unarmed teenager was shot six times, including twice in the head.

"Why would he be shot in the very top of his head, a 6-foot-4 man?" Parks asked. "It makes no sense."

The family contends Brown was shot from behind and above, though Dr. Michael Baden, who conducted the autopsy, cautioned that several scenarios could have resulted in the wounds. In a widely-televised live news conference Monday, Baden said nothing in the autopsy suggested Brown died during a struggle though police maintained he was killed after he reached into Officer Darren Wilson's car as the two were fighting for the policeman's weapon.

Baden said the autopsy showed one bullet hit Brown on the top of the head and another entered just above the right eyebrow. Four other wounds were all to the arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions