Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
The department that I work for doesn't either.  However, we have body worn cameras.  Depending on the situation, that can be even better than a dash cam.  Not everything happens squarely at the front of a police car.  It would be great to have both.
I'd like to see this be a requirement at all police departments. I would imagine it would dramatically help both sides of this issue.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:48 AM »
I'd like to see this be a requirement at all police departments. I would imagine it would dramatically help both sides of this issue.

This is why I believe body cameras are a good thing.

That just a security guard, but that bitch deserved to go to jail. Actually, they both did. So did the sorry ass baby daddy who cant control his woman or kids. Camera didn't save his job, but at least you can see what he was dealing with when he tased her. And she most certainly deserved it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:36 AM »
Like I said, not everything happens conveniently in front of the car.  A dash camera doesn't document anything in a foot pursuit, it doesn't see you tase that guy inside a house on a domestic call, etc etc.  If you're doing what you're supposed to be doing then 99% of the time a body camera will be your best friend.  Especially in court, and when it comes to a complaint against you. 

You would be surprised how much use of force reports go way down too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »

That just a security guard, but that bitch deserved to go to jail. Actually, they both did. So did the sorry ass baby daddy who cant control his woman or kids. Camera didn't save his job, but at least you can see what he was dealing with when he tased her. And she most certainly deserved it.

I know dats rite! Sho nuff be.

Hey, that doesn't too much LOOK like a welfare office. Productive bunch of citizens, that group. And teaching their kids well I see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

Totally agree, but I imagine that most residents would be on board, until they realize their taxes will go up to pay for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »
Totally agree, but I imagine that most residents would be on board, until they realize their taxes will go up to pay for it.

No need for new taxes. there is no reason for a police officer to have a gun if they have a cell phone and a body camera. Sell the gun, buy the camera.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
If it is proven that this was a straight up murder can we please stop referring to the perpetrator as "police officer" or "cop"? If he wasn't acting under color of law and did something illegal in he doesn't get that title or the protections that come with it. If it is proven.

If it is proven, I submit that forever we refer to him as "murdering asshole"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:11 AM »
As to the body cams you get what you pay for, and it comes with the normal ups and downs and hiccups.
A local department got the cheapest cameras they could find. They had enough battery power/memory to run for about 4 hours. The department had 12 hour shifts. It had confusing interface involving a single button and to understand what the camera was telling you you had to interpret a series of flashing lights (meaning if you were working on night shift you always had a light blinking on your chest, which is not ideal). The administration was good enough to mandate in policy that cameras needed to be on during any and all contact with the public, but not mandate what to do in the event your camera runs out of battery or memory. Further complicating matters the single, small button that was used to turn the camera on, off, start recording and stop recording was difficult to manipulate with speed and under stress, and to make sure it was recording you had to take your eyes off whatever it was you were recording (traffic stop, domestic call ect..) and interpret the series of flashing lights. The problem with that is almost all the incidents you really want recorded happen so quickly most of the time the poor bastards couldn't turn the camera on, or at least devote the attention it would take to make sure the flailing, mid run button push they executed had the desired result. The end result was a drop in productivity.

1: If you do things the right way you don't mind a camera
2: yeah it looks bad if your camera ain't on but that doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong.
3: On a personal note, it is super weird watching yourself post incident
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

:facepalm:

That's borderline child abuse. I'm sure those kids will be productive members of society now that it is well ingrained in their heads to loathe cops. "You gay!"

And that guy ended up getting fired for that?? Is what happened at 3:10, after entering the premises they refused to leave, after screaming at the cop face-to-face for several minutes, not justification to tase? He didn't shoot her or anything...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:33:18 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 11:39:51 AM »
As to the body cams you get what you pay for, and it comes with the normal ups and downs and hiccups.
A local department got the cheapest cameras they could find. They had enough battery power/memory to run for about 4 hours. The department had 12 hour shifts. It had confusing interface involving a single button and to understand what the camera was telling you you had to interpret a series of flashing lights (meaning if you were working on night shift you always had a light blinking on your chest, which is not ideal). The administration was good enough to mandate in policy that cameras needed to be on during any and all contact with the public, but not mandate what to do in the event your camera runs out of battery or memory. Further complicating matters the single, small button that was used to turn the camera on, off, start recording and stop recording was difficult to manipulate with speed and under stress, and to make sure it was recording you had to take your eyes off whatever it was you were recording (traffic stop, domestic call ect..) and interpret the series of flashing lights. The problem with that is almost all the incidents you really want recorded happen so quickly most of the time the poor bastards couldn't turn the camera on, or at least devote the attention it would take to make sure the flailing, mid run button push they executed had the desired result. The end result was a drop in productivity.

1: If you do things the right way you don't mind a camera
2: yeah it looks bad if your camera ain't on but that doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong.
3: On a personal note, it is super weird watching yourself post incident

By the way, where is your fucking camera?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
I don't understand what the big deal is. Everyone is acting like they didn't know that cops are either murderers or on the take.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »

I'm lovin it! ©
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
By the way, where is your fudgeing camera?

I threw it in the river.
By the way as a trainer I'm going to focus on getting away from the PIT maneuver and implementing the tony Stewart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »
Auburn grad arrested.  I bet he is also friends with Cam.

#thuglife

http://yellowhammernews.com/nationalpolitics/auburn-grad-among-arrested-ferguson-chaos/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 08:37:27 AM »
$5 says that it happened exactly the way the witness stated...her story hasn't changed multiple times.

Also, the State Senator was maced Monday during a peaceful protest. She even asked the Sheriff if she needed to worry about getting maced again in another peaceful protest, like Monday, then she stated I'm your State Senator...the Sheriff about swallowed his balls when she said that, LOL.
The Sheriff's wife took to Facebook explaining why the Police/Swat/National Guard is shooting tear gas, rubber bullets and flash grenades into the crowds and into residential neighborhoods, while blazing ear drum piercing sound...she comes off as pretty racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
Must admit that when I first saw original story, I found it hard to believe. But this town and PD continues to get more weird. Arresting alderman, a state senator, reporters, etc.

These boys are asking for it. And pretty sure DoJ was on the way already. I predict they will tear them a new one. i wouldve been suspending mofos left and right. Chief will be gone shortly I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 09:47:50 AM »
A guy that used to work at our agency now works at one of the agencies around that area.  I spoke with him the other night, and he said it is complete anarchy up there.  It has already started spilling over to other suburbs.  People are looting, burning buildings, attacking police officers that don't even have anything to do with Ferguson.  Anonymous has already posted personnel information online about all of the Ferguson officers.  Apparently none of them can even go home at this point because they're so scared.

From what he says, the officer pulls up on two guys in the street.  Asks them to get out of the street, and they get irate.  The guy that got shot ends up attacking the officer, pushing him back into the car and hitting him in the face while trying to get his gun.  This causes the gun to go off in the car.  The officer gains control of the situation and his gun and the guy surrenders himself.  Apparently the officer can't shut it down emotionally and the whole thing goes south.  Apparently the officer has some facial injuries (not greatly substantial, but definitely there), so this seems like a likely scenario.  The problem for the officer is going to be if the guy had discontinued the assault on the officer and surrendered himself.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »
It has already started spilling over to other suburbs. 

http://www.kmov.com/home/Interactive-Map-of-Shooting-Looting-and-VIolence-270801281.html

Not sure I'd call that other suburbs.  Maybe you could say Florrisant.

Honestly shocked we haven't seen anything in ESL, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
http://www.kmov.com/home/Interactive-Map-of-Shooting-Looting-and-VIolence-270801281.html

Not sure I'd call that other suburbs.  Maybe you could say Florrisant.

Honestly shocked we haven't seen anything in ESL, though.

I know the facts will eventually come out and hopefully, soon.  I know so many want to make this a race issue and I guess in today's environment, there are so those that won't allow it to be anything else.  We still don't know what race the officer is at this point.  In your mind, is this strictly about race or is this as much about this PD having a bad reputation in general.  I keep reading and hearing things about the department as a whole crossing the line on other occasions.  How far from you is this going on?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."