Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Fuck...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »
I went through a HUGE checkpoint near that exact location the Friday before Memorial Day heading down to Valdosta. Those fuckers weren't playing around either. Had 2 kids in the back and they still insisted on looking in the back windows as if I were guilty until I proved my innocence. My guess? Lot of drugs go that route either from or to Columbus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »
I went through a HUGE checkpoint near that exact location the Friday before Memorial Day heading down to Valdosta. Those fuckers weren't playing around either. Had 2 kids in the back and they still insisted on looking in the back windows as if I were guilty until I proved my innocence. My guess? Lot of drugs go that route either from or to Columbus.

Um yeah. I didnt realize how much of big deal this was in that area until living right off 431. Local cops making their living off this kind of thing. Sort of like a little town called Cleveland NE of Bham. If you blink yours, you miss the town but damn if that isnt a major drug route.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »
Speaking of Marshall, I'm afraid Malzahn is now going to be forced to sit Marshall the first game. I don't know that to be true, however, the stand he has taken thus far will other issues even the slightest tells me that NM will miss the Arkansas game along with Mincy.  :sad:

Also, Im betting Marshall isnt in Hoover next week. For one, Malzahn makes a statement and two, so Marshall doesn't have to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:22 AM »
About $100 is for the Kush (the good shit)

"The good shit" is maybe, MAYBE at its cheapest $15 per gram on the east coast, especially in Alabama where there aren't many states nearby that have legalized it.  If you're paying less than that, it's not "the good shit," or you live in an area where it's more readily accessible, or you just have a dealer that really likes the handjobs he gets in conjunction with the money.  The realistic average for true "good shit" in the southeast is close to or right at $20 per gram.

and yes I know what a gram looks like, as well as a ounce (around 28 grams). I also know that 8-9 grams is hardly "residue"

Then why in the hell did you say that 8-9 grams "isn't enough to be tested?"  The more you say, the less sense you're making...

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:14:02 AM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 01:44:33 AM »
What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 01:51:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 02:46:54 AM »
What's wrong with kids today? Beer and taint was good enough in the day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »
"The good shit" is maybe, MAYBE at its cheapest $15 per gram on the east coast, especially in Alabama where there aren't many states nearby that have legalized it.  If you're paying less than that, it's not "the good shit," or you live in an area where it's more readily accessible, or you just have a dealer that really likes the handjobs he gets in conjunction with the money.  The realistic average for true "good shit" in the southeast is close to or right at $20 per gram.

Then why in the hell did you say that 8-9 grams "isn't enough to be tested?"  The more you say, the less sense you're making...

It makes me laugh the way you on here quoting the prices of weed like you're snoop dogg or something.  I guess you just an OG too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 07:10:39 AM »
Speaking of Marshall, I'm afraid Malzahn is now going to be forced to sit Marshall the first game. I don't know that to be true, however, the stand he has taken thus far will other issues even the slightest tells me that NM will miss the Arkansas game along with Mincy.  :sad:

Also, Im betting Marshall isnt in Hoover next week. For one, Malzahn makes a statement and two, so Marshall doesn't have to.
Gus could take a reserve QB To Hoover.  JJ would likely be the starter for well over half of the SEC teams anyway.
This is going to follow our team leader the rest of the season. Those in the booth can preface any statement about Marshall with "he's had his problems" as if to say this is who he is. We know it's just a way to relax and fit in with those close to you.

I advise anyone holding with 4.4 speed to jump out of their car and run like a mofo. Who's gonna stop him? Why is he running? Is he a super hero? Is a good citizen in need of help? Is it bees? He might be highly allergic...or just fearful of the po-po, after all, we've seen it before. And get rid of it. Sorry officer but I needed some air freshener for my smelly ride and I thought I passed a store a few miles back.

#winning =thinking on ones feet.     

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:12:48 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 11:25:19 AM »
After, reading this article, I think I agree with Marshall being at SEC Media Days. Makes sense.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/marshall-media-days/

News of Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall getting issued a citation on Friday for possession of marijuana of less than one ounce will hopefully be the last distraction that the Tigers have to face before their season opener Aug. 30 against Arkansas.

The timing of the unfortunately incident for the Tigers signal-caller isn’t the best. Marshall is one of three players scheduled to represent Auburn Monday at SEC Media Days in Birmingham, Alabama.

Now that another storyline has been added at the four-day media extravaganza, the best thing Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn can do is bring Marshall to Birmingham with him.

If Malzahn were to leave Marshall behind it would create yet another storyline, bring even more negative attention to the program and prolong the problem.  Imagine if Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin decided to leave Johnny Manziel in College Station last year for last year’s SEC Media Days.

The best thing for both Malzahn and Marshall to do is address the situation like adults which I’m sure they will do. Marshall needs to show maturity. He needs to stand up and own up to the mistake he made, accept the consequences, have a pro-active role in being part of the solution and move on.

Yes, standing up Monday, when the entire college football world is watching, listening and hanging onto every word, will be difficult for Marshall. If done properly though, Marshall could even turn the negative situation into a positive by being candid, forthright and gracious. The quicker Marshall faces the music, the quicker everybody will move on and the entire team can focus on the job at hand – winning football games.

In his first year as head coach, Malzahn stepped into a dire situation and resurrected a program from one of its worst seasons in school history. He did it with an unstoppable zone-read offense and masterful play calling that led to 12 wins.

Now in his second year on The Plains, Malzahn has hit some rough patches particularly in the last month. In the early part of June, sophomore defensive end Carl Lawson, coming off an impressive first year, had knee surgery. No indication has been give when he might return. On June 27, senior defensive back Jonathan Mincy was arrested for second degree marijuana possession. Then just two days after the Mincy arrest, former tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen, one of the more beloved players in recent Auburn history, was killed in a car crash. That was followed by the Marshall citation on Friday.

Auburn wide receiver Ricardo Louis took to twitter to keep things positive.

Malzahn and Marshall can easily bounce back from this rough stretch. Malzahn can show he is just as good as handling off the field situations as he is a play calling genius by bringing Marshall to Birmingham on Monday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »
After, reading this article, I think I agree with Marshall being at SEC Media Days. Makes sense.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/marshall-media-days/
I had rather Malzahn handle the questions himself than to have BOTH at the roast fielding questions. Take Jeff Whitaker-Snag's says we need some DTs.
Shon Coleman might be another good choice.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
It makes me laugh the way you on here quoting the prices of weed like you're snoop dogg or something.  I guess you just an OG too?

Remind me again what it is that you know about me?

Oh...that's right...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Remind me again what it is that you know about me?

Oh...that's right...

I think you were starting to make a few of us wonder - with your expert weed knowledge and all.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
I have a hard time believing that Nick had 8-9 grams of pot and didn't get arrested...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »
I think you were starting to make a few of us wonder - with your expert weed knowledge and all.

How did you find that picture of me?!

But, for super cereals, I'm not claiming to be some weed expert.  It doesn't take a drug kingpin or west coast rapper to know what the cost of a gram is.  It just gets tiring when people come sauntering into a thread with the equivalent of, "LULZ, wut?  You're an attorney, why you actin' like Snoop Lion?"

Either disprove what I'm saying or GTFO...I don't have to offer up credentials to anyone in order for a statement to be accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »
I have a hard time believing that Nick had 8-9 grams of pot and didn't get arrested...

I don't know how Georgia operates, but I have heard of people being cited for possession in other states and not being arrested.  According to questions people from Georgia have posted on Avvo, it appears that Georgia can cite people without arresting them:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-the-punishment-for-a-citation-for-possessi-859987.html

An attorney from Georgia has information on his website that begins with "Have You Been Arrested or Given A Citation for Possession of Marijuana in Georgia?":

http://www.dui.info/possession-of-marijuana-in-georgia

Technically, they can cite him for possession if it's just residue.  However, if they did so, they're charging him under the same statute that is for possession of under an ounce.  If you're suggesting that he can be cited under this statute but not arrested because it was just residue, then the officer would also have the discretion to cite him and not arrest him if it was 8-9 grams.  Same statute, same discretion to arrest or cite.

Because they can technically cite him with possession for just residue, I don't know how much he had on him.  But in my experience, most officers will charge you with possession of drug paraphernalia if it's just residue, and not possession of a controlled substance.  This, in combination with the fact that news outlets keep quoting "8 or 9 grams," suggests to me that it was not mere residue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »
How did you find that picture of me?!

But, for super cereals, I'm not claiming to be some weed expert.  It doesn't take a drug kingpin or west coast rapper to know what the cost of a gram is.  It just gets tiring when people come sauntering into a thread with the equivalent of, "LULZ, wut?  You're an attorney, why you actin' like Snoop Lion?"

Either disprove what I'm saying or GTFO...I don't have to offer up credentials to anyone in order for a statement to be accurate.
The cost of 8-9 grams for Kush is going to run around $100-$120 all day long. Again, not sure who you're buying your weed from, but you're getting F'd in the A if you're paying close to or more than $150 for 8-9 grams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
I don't know how Georgia operates, but I have heard of people being cited for possession in other states and not being arrested.  According to questions people from Georgia have posted on Avvo, it appears that Georgia can cite people without arresting them:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-the-punishment-for-a-citation-for-possessi-859987.html

An attorney from Georgia has information on his website that begins with "Have You Been Arrested or Given A Citation for Possession of Marijuana in Georgia?":

http://www.dui.info/possession-of-marijuana-in-georgia

Technically, they can cite him for possession if it's just residue.  However, if they did so, they're charging him under the same statute that is for possession of under an ounce.  If you're suggesting that he can be cited under this statute but not arrested because it was just residue, then the officer would also have the discretion to cite him and not arrest him if it was 8-9 grams.  Same statute, same discretion to arrest or cite.

Because they can technically cite him with possession for just residue, I don't know how much he had on him.  But in my experience, most officers will charge you with possession of drug paraphernalia if it's just residue, and not possession of a controlled substance.  This, in combination with the fact that news outlets keep quoting "8 or 9 grams," suggests to me that it was not mere residue.
8-9 grams is more than "residue", especially when it was in a bag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Vandy Vol

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:37 PM »
The cost of 8-9 grams for Kush is going to run around $100-$120 all day long. Again, not sure who you're buying your weed from, but you're getting F'd in the A if you're paying close to or more than $150 for 8-9 grams.

There are plenty of marijuana forums on the interwebs in which people post the average price and quality of their weed, including here in Alabama.  Feel free to peruse them if you don't believe me, but you are not getting high quality weed for $10 a gram unless you're out west, or unless you've got a dealer as a friend.  Mids?  Yes.  But Kush?  No.

And, as previously has been mentioned, the fact that you originally stated that 8-9 grams isn't enough to be tested severely casts a shadow of doubt as to whether you have any idea what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:47:30 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
8-9 grams is more than "residue", especially when it was in a bag.

Who said it was just residue?

All I'm pointing out is that I don't know for a fact how much he had on him.  Some of you keep suggesting that because he was cited, and not arrested, then it had to be residue, not grams.  That's not the case.  If he's charged for possession for having residue, he's being charged under the same statute that he would have been charged under if he had 8-9 grams.  If the officer has the discretion to not arrest him for possession because he had residue, then he has the discretion to not arrest him for possession because he had 8-9 grams.

Based on everything I've read and my knowledge from previous cases, it sounds like he had more than just residue.  Maybe not...we'll know for sure when the facts come out, but my guess based on the facts presented so far is that he was in possession of more than residue.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:00:49 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions