Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Fuck...
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »
http://www.winningbets.com/breaking-auburn-qb-nick-marshall-arrested-pot-possession/
BREAKING…..Auburn QB Nick Marshall Arrested for Pot Possession
July 11, 2014/0 Comments/in Uncategorized /by Chas Woody
Winning Bets has confirmed that Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall was citied early this afternoon for misdemeanor marijuana possession in Reynolds, GA.  Marshall was stopped by local authorities for window darkness.  Authorities then smelled pot, and Marshall was cited.  It is believed that Auburn quarterback was booked and released.  However, that is not confirmed at this time.

Marshall led Auburn to a SEC title and a spot in the BCS title game in his first season as starting quarterback.  The Auburn star threw for nearly 2,000 yards completing over 59% of his throws.  He was also extremely dangerous with his feet with four triple digit rushing games including a 214 yard effort on November 9, 2013 at Tennessee.

Marshall’s arrest will bring some question marks about his future as he was dismissed from the University of Georgia in 2011 due to theft from fellow teammates.

I will keep you posted as more details come forth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: fudge...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
I guess while we're adding things to the student handbook we should throw in a thing or two about how illegal things are illegal. Particularly pot possession in Georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Fuck...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »
I'm not saying it's not true, but winningbets.com is the only source reporting it as of now.

Not panicking yet, but hopefully it's yet another false allegation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
Calln bs on this one. The article was posted like 2 hrs ago and not one dumbass bammer on teh facepages saying shit about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »
Per :oh:

All I can tell you is that there is, at least at this time, no available public record indicating he has been arrested. The only place that has reported it is this winningbets.com outfit. I can't say it's not true, but I can say that - from what I know now - there is no evidence it is true. We'll see if that changes.

He says nothing by using a lot of words.  Also, I smell bullshit on this one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »
Cited, not arrested.

:move:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 07:04:38 PM »
Still fuck...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/07/auburn_quarterback_nick_marsha_13.html

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall was cited in Reynolds, Georgia, on Friday for possession of marijuana of less than one ounce, according to Reynolds police chief Lonnie Holder.

Marshall was not arrested.

Marshall, the returning quarterback who was supposed to be part of Auburn's SEC Media Days contingent on Monday, was pulled over due to a possible window tinting violation at 12:45 p.m. on Highway 96 in Reynolds.

According to Holder, the officer detected an odor of marijuana coming from the car, and upon search of the vehicle, police found "8-or-9" grams of marijuana, which is less than an ounce.

Marshall was cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession and a window tint violation.

He has a court date set for 10 a.m.  on Sept. 10, 2014, but will not have to attend that date if he pays the fines associated with the citations.

The Auburn athletic department has not commented publicly yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
Absolutely everything to see here.  This is what those fucktard bammers want THE WEEK BEFORE MEDIA DAYS.  God damnit.  Just legalize it.  And if that's not going to happen, our players - especially our leaders - need to stop fucking doing it.  It's not worth it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »
Fuck al.com for not mentioning "residue". 

The officer reported smelling marijuana, but found only residue amounting to less than a single ounce.

Marshall was cited but was not arrested, the chief said.

RESIDUE.  Fucking piece of shit bama media.  Exactly what I expect to be hammered over the next few weeks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
What AU players are scheduled to be at the media frenzy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »
Might not even be his residue. If he'd been high or drug paraphernalia found, he would've been arrested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
Fuck al.com for not mentioning "residue". 

RESIDUE.  Fucking piece of shit bama media.  Exactly what I expect to be hammered over the next few weeks.

If it had just been residue, then I would assume that the residue was on something, and thus he would have also been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (and, in most instances, would have probably just been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and not possession of a controlled substance).  Taking that into consideration, along with the fact that every news source which references the 8 or 9 grams uses quotation marks as if it were a citation from a person or document, I am assuming that it was more than just residue.

But they may do things differently in Georgia, who knows...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
Nick could've just said, that's not marijuana, that's catnip or parsley, or whatever. 8-9 grams isn't even enough to be tested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:19 PM »
Nick could've just said, that's not marijuana, that's catnip or parsley, or whatever. 8-9 grams isn't even enough to be tested.

Is this sarcasm, or...?  8-9 grams is a pretty significant amount of marijuana.  Not legally speaking in terms of the punishment (it takes one kilogram for it to be upped to a felony in Alabama), but as far as personal usage?  That's easily $150+ worth, and is certainly enough to be tested, considering that they can and do test mere residue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
Is this sarcasm, or...?  8-9 grams is a pretty significant amount of marijuana.  Not legally speaking in terms of the punishment (it takes one kilogram for it to be upped to a felony in Alabama), but as far as personal usage?  That's easily $150+ worth, and is certainly enough to be tested, considering that they can and do test mere residue.
$150+....does your 8-9 grams of weed come with a hooker too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
$150+....does your 8-9 grams of weed come with a hooker too?

No...do you even know what a gram of weed looks like?  On average (depending on quality and location), one gram is going to cost you $15 - $20.  If your boy Marshall is smoking some low quality shit, then maybe $100 is a more accurate estimate for 8 - 9 grams.  Feel free to Google the price of weed if you don't want to believe me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »
We call it a quarter which runs a hundred and some change,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:07 PM »
Pot, catnip, parsley, cilantro, epazote, kale - whatever you want to call it, it's still EXACTLY what the media has been waiting for, and our starting quarterback gave it to them.  Mincy's arrest - the one actual off the field problem we've had under Malzahn - led to articles being written about how we should see it as the potential beginning of the end for Malzahn.  "Is this the culture of corruption showing its head at Auburn again?  Too early to tell, but yeah probably so."

If I've learned anything over the years of following Auburn football, it's that you can't give the state media anything.  They run their roots deep and their branches extend to Connecticut.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
No...do you even know what a gram of weed looks like?  On average (depending on quality and location), one gram is going to cost you $15 - $20.  If your boy Marshall is smoking some low quality shit, then maybe $100 is a more accurate estimate for 8 - 9 grams.  Feel free to Google the price of weed if you don't want to believe me.

About $100 is for the Kush (the good shit), and yes I know what a gram looks like, as well as a ounce (around 28 grams). I also know that 8-9 grams is hardly "residue", which makes me think that the citating officer was guessing, since I haven't seen that he broke out the scale to weight the residue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions