Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Wife Admits Why She Killed Her Marriage's Sex Life

A Wife Admits Why She Killed Her Marriage's Sex Life
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
Yesterday I read an article on Thought Catalog called I Am In A Sexless Marriage, This Is What I Am Begging Young Men To Consider Before They Get Married. I’m not the woman in the story, but it is similar to my own situation so I wanted to share my story, what it’s like to be the woman in this scenario.

My husband and I had a great sex life when we were dating, it was fun, new, and exciting. It made me feel desired and loved the way he always wanted me. Looking back, I know that that was what I enjoyed about our sex life, not the sex itself. The few times I did initiate sex, it was because I knew he would like that. Our sex life was about attracting him and making him happy, not a reflection of something I truly wanted.

I thought this was how all women feel. It might be, but I can only speak for myself. I thought, I guess, as harsh as it seems to say this out loud, that sex was one of many things women do to find a great guy that is completely unrealistic to keep up with for the rest of your life: dressing up every single time you see him, not bothering him with your problems, always trying to seem fun and sexy and attractive, and — always being up for sex.

The truth is, sex isn’t that interesting to me. For the first few years of marriage I managed to keep it up to once a week or once every two weeks but then we had our first child and all the energy I had to put into making my husband happy was now being spent on her. I have no idea how other women do this. I worked part time as a receptionist at a clinic to help with our bills but allow me to spend most of my time with the baby and I managed to make dinner almost every night and keep our house clean and our bills paid. There simply wasn’t any more time or energy to do anything. So our sex life dropped to basically zero until we started trying for another kid. We both wanted more than one and even though our sex life wasn’t in a great place, we still love each other. Sex isn’t everything.

I give my husband a lot, I can’t imagine he would be this upset because I’m not super human.

He has two beautiful children, he has hot meals that I make him, he has a clean home and a clean bed to sleep in. I’m at capacity giving him these things, I didn’t know not being a sex maniac at the end of all my long days was enough for someone like him (the author of this article) to be so upset. It’s not that he’s suddenly put on weight or become unattractive, I’ve never been a shallow person so I judge him as a loving, generous man and I think he’s very handsome. At this point we haven’t had sex probably in maybe three years. I feel perfectly content and happy with our life.

It’s just that there simply isn’t enough of me to do everything I do and be his sex kitten. I’m doing all I can and this should be enough for him. He married me and he made a vow to love me for better or worse and it seems very petty and immature for him to complain about a lack of sex when I have given him everything else.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2014/07/im-the-woman-that-stopped-sleeping-with-her-husband-completely-heres-why/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: A Wife Admits Why She Killed Her Marriage's Sex Life
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »
"Wives should submit to their husbands"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »
Man seriously?

Is this real life? I'm staying single
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »
Man seriously?

Marriage is not the problem. Kids are. From my married friends, Take your sex/Happy life and divided by 2 when you have 1 kid and continue to divide by 1/2 for every kid.

I know some folks thrive for kids, me and Mrs. didn't want any, there just not keen enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:06:01 AM »
If she thinks that he hasn't had sex in three years she is stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »
She sounds like a spoiled selfish bitch. I have no other time or energy because I have a part time job to "help" pay the bills and I cook and clean? Get the fuck out of here...

This is the most irrational excuse about anything that I have ever read...fuck this woman...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
...fudge this woman...
This is the problem. She won't let you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
Man seriously?

I told you in a drunken text message a few weeks ago what you should do. Yes, I was hammered, but it was the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:44:14 AM »

Truf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:46 AM »
I just don't get this mind set at all. After I go to the office for half a day to surf the X, then play 18 holes at RTJ in the heat, have a few beers at the club house, go to dinner and then come home to sit on the couch, drink and watch TV til bed time.....I am NOT too tired for sex.  Women are so damn selfish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »

And she should be ok with this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
I just don't get this mind set at all. After I go to the office for half a day to surf the X, then play 1 18 holes at RTJ in the heat,2  have a few beers at the club house, go to dinner and then come home to sit on the couch, drink and watch TV til bed time.....I am NOT too tired for sex.  Women are so damn selfish.

1. How do you play golf with only one ball?
2. NO drinking on the course-not real golf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:30 AM »

1. How do you play golf with only one ball?
2. NO drinking on the course-not real golf.

1. I'm just that good.
2. Golf-Drinking-Goes without saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
1. I'm just that good.
2. Golf-Drinking-Goes without saying.

We need to try and get in 18.

And then tee off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
I told you in a drunken text message a few weeks ago what you should do. Yes, I was hammered, but it was the truth.
Yes you should listen to Token and suck as much cock as he has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »

Marriage is not the problem. Kids are. From my married friends, Take your sex/Happy life and divided by 2 when you have 1 kid and continue to divide by 1/2 for every kid.

I know some folks thrive for kids, me and Mrs. didn't want any, there just not keen enough.
Allow me to introduce you to DJSimp you obviously have never met him, his nickname is Rabbit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »
And she should be ok with this.

Another truf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
In actuality, if we saw a pic of this lady, I'm thinking it would look like she's pulling a trailer behind her when she walks. I'm envisioning a big ass woman, much bigger than the gal in Shallow Hal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »
In actuality, if we saw a pic of this lady, I'm thinking it would look like she's pulling a trailer behind her when she walks. I'm envisioning a big ass woman, much bigger than the gal in Shallow Hal.
I'm all about that bass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »

Exactly. If she still looked sexy, she would still feel sexy. And if she felt sexy, she would be spreading it like peanut butter. Either on him, or someone else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions