Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What would happen/what are the possibilities

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
What would happen/what are the possibilities
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »
What would happen if the military revolted and "walked out" on their commander in chief?  From the icy reception to his graduation speech, the VA scandal, the Bergdahl swap, etc... it appears that he is losing the confidence of the military.

With commander in Chief being his #1 role, can he continue as president if the troops revolt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: What would happen/what are the possibilities
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
What would happen if the military revolted and "walked out" on their commander in chief?  From the icy reception to his graduation speech, the VA scandal, the Bergdahl swap, etc... it appears that he is losing the confidence of the military.

With commander in Chief being his #1 role, can he continue as president if the troops revolt?

losing???? he never had it, I was lucky enough to serve under most repubs as president. Everybody in the military knows the dems cut the military to the bone. I was in the 101st, RDF ( Rabid deployment force)  anywhere in the world in 18hrs. Under Clinton we could not have made it 18 days.

Revolt-Never happened, To disciplined, to a certain extent. Life in the military is a roller coaster, Dems come in gut and slash, repub gets elected and shit gets better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »

losing???? he never had it, I was lucky enough to serve under most repubs as president. Everybody in the military knows the dems cut the military to the bone. I was in the 101st, RDF ( Rabid deployment force)  anywhere in the world in 18hrs. Under Clinton we could not have made it 18 days.

Revolt-Never happened, To disciplined, to a certain extent. Life in the military is a roller coaster, Dems come in gut and slash, repub gets elected and shit gets better.

Maybe so, but the vibe it seems is much worse than it ever was under Clinton.  I have never seen the outward public rections from military members like is happening now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
Maybe so, but the vibe it seems is much worse than it ever was under Clinton.  I have never seen the outward public rections from military members like is happening now.

I blame global warming
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »
I blame global warming

That shit's not real,  you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »
That shit's not real,  you know.

Polar ice caps are melting all around us and you still refuse to believe.  Hell, there was an article by a real scientist and everything.  With a pie chart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »

What icy reception?  I saw an article on Breitbart but that's hardly an unbiased source.  The transcript of the speech begins with him repeating "Thank you" over and over, so I'm thinking it would be a great Youtube video if he was saying thank you to boos or thank you to silence.  It also ends with the caption of "Cheers and Applause."

The VA issue has been going on since well before Obama.  In fact, the treatment of our military veterans has been shitty since the Revolutionary War. 

And the Boogerdahl swap while questionable is still a decision the Commander-in-Chief is allowed to make.  Poor strategy?  Possibly according to our laymen eyes.  But hardly a reason for the military to turn against the president. 

And look up some history on nations where the military revolts against the current administration.  It doesn't lead to cinnamon buns and fairy tales. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
What icy reception?  I saw an article on Breitbart but that's hardly an unbiased source.  The transcript of the speech begins with him repeating "Thank you" over and over, so I'm thinking it would be a great Youtube video if he was saying thank you to boos or thank you to silence.  It also ends with the caption of "Cheers and Applause."

The VA issue has been going on since well before Obama.  In fact, the treatment of our military veterans has been shitty since the Revolutionary War

And the Boogerdahl swap while questionable is still a decision the Commander-in-Chief is allowed to make.  Poor strategy?  Possibly according to our laymen eyes.  But hardly a reason for the military to turn against the president. 

And look up some history on nations where the military revolts against the current administration.  It doesn't lead to cinnamon buns and fairy tales.

Yawl could do some correcting of this at the X-gate for the Arky game. I run lead and see how it goes then let everybody else know.  :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »

Yawl could do some correcting of this at the X-gate for the Arky game. I run lead and see how it goes then let everybody else know.  :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar:

I don't even understand what this means.

I assume you're implying that I'm wrong in saying that.  Are you claiming that the VA was without corruption and treated our vets the way they deserved to be treated prior to Barack Obama's administration? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
I don't even understand what this means.

I assume you're implying that I'm wrong in saying that.  Are you claiming that the VA was without corruption and treated our vets the way they deserved to be treated prior to Barack Obama's administration?
I think he's just saying he wants free beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »

Give that man a seeegar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »

and food.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »

and food.

Sorry dude.  U gots to put a little $$$ in Joe's jar if you want to partake of the goodies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 12:22:05 PM »

Everyone from CNN to Fox News reported on the "icy" reception.

watch for yourself if you need:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »
Everyone from CNN to Fox News reported on the "icy" reception.

watch for yourself if you need:

Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you. Thank you, General Caslen, for that introduction. General Trainor, General Clarke, faculty and staff at West Point, you have been outstanding stewards of this proud institution and outstanding mentors for the newest officers in the United States Army.

The video starts after the first three thank you's.  So still not seeing the icy reception.

As for CNN reporting it, it was one man's opinion - Jim Clancy.  And Fox News describes Obama's gait walking off a plane icy. 

But still, an icy reception doesn't lead to a coup d'etat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »
Sorry dude.  U gots to put a little $$$ in Joe's jar if you want to partake of the goodies.

Mrs. Dallas???????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
In fact, the treatment of our military veterans has been shitty since the Revolutionary War. 

Soldiers and dogs keep off the grass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
Soldiers dogs and dogs Soldiers keep off the grass.

Prioritize
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »

Prioritize

That was just while you were still in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
The video starts after the first three thank you's.  So still not seeing the icy reception.

As for CNN reporting it, it was one man's opinion - Jim Clancy.  And Fox News describes Obama's gait walking off a plane icy. 

But still, an icy reception doesn't lead to a coup d'etat.

I'm not advocating it, just wondering what would happen or if it would happen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions