Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sterling

Re: Sterling
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
So Wal-Mart in the defense of racial equality decided to stop selling Tyson Chicken.  Would you support Wal-Mart's right to choose who to do business with?

If the demand were there to buy Tyson Chicken, Walmart wouldn't give two shits what the head of the company said.  If people decided that they no longer wanted to buy Tyson's Chicken, then it's sales would drop, and Walmart would stop selling it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »
If the demand were there to buy Tyson Chicken, Walmart wouldn't give two shits what the head of the company said.  If people decided that they no longer wanted to buy Tyson's Chicken, then it's sales would drop, and Walmart would stop selling it.

And that's exactly what the NBA is protecting - the demand.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »

But shouldn't that be up to me, the consumer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »

So the demand has already dropped? The clippers already have a quantitative measure for this?

Political correctness out of control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
But shouldn't that be up to me, the consumer?

Sure if WalMart wants to go out of business or take a hit in profits. 

Companies take preemptive measures to protect their worth.  This is nothing new. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 03:17:56 PM »
So the demand has already dropped? The clippers already have a quantitative measure for this?

Political correctness out of control.

Considering some are calling for a boycott of tonight's game, I think one can adequately ascertain the fallout of allowing a guy like Sterling to go on as owner. 

No, there's no number to put on the lost revenue from this controversy.  However, as stated above, companies that survive act prior to the fall than waiting to see how bad it could get before making a decision. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »
All I know is this shit is funny!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
All I know is this shit is funny!

I wish this would have come to light after he received this award...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »
I wish this would have come to light after he received this award...

Only missed it by 3 weeks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »
So he's going to make $800 mil or so when he's forced to sell? I bet he's mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2014, 04:26:53 PM »
So he's going to make $800 mil or so when he's forced to sell? I bet he's mad.
yep. I would be pissed off. And, their not giving him the NAACP award. And, no more brown sugar unless he pays extra. He's Jewish so he damn sure ain't paying extra.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
yep. I would be pissed off. And, their not giving him the NAACP award. And, no more brown sugar unless he pays extra. He's Jewish so he damn sure ain't paying extra.

Mmmm...Nubian sugar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:51 PM »
I think he should fight it and I hope he does win. Not because I agree with him. But because I don't think that being an asshole is reason enough to take these measures.

Political correctness is out of control. If it bothers folks enough, they will stop contributing to his wealth.

I too feel like they dropped the ball on the previous issue and now think they have public opinion enough to make it easier to punish him. But I very seriously doubt they are doing this because it is the "right thing to do". They missed that boat years ago.
Based on experience with a franchise, I say he won't win. I don't think it matters what kind of franchise you own. Yes, you may own the property and the bank account but if you don't live up to the franchise expectations or don't follow their rules, your ass is fired. So, you are really only a partner in the business.

The fact that they canned him doesn't bother me. They are protecting their brand and it's a good business decision. If he were totally independent from the league, it would bother me.

Like others have mentioned, the main things that bother me are that it has taken so long AND it took the recording of a PRIVATE conversation. If he wants to be a racist prick, it's a free country.

This won't damage him much. 2.5 mil hurts him less than a speeding ticket would us. Well, most of you. I'm loaded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
Would the NBA have banned him if he made a sex tape?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »
Would the NBA have banned him if he made a sex tape?

Only if they had to watch it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »
You guys do realize the lulz are already present.  He has previously won several awards from the NAACP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 06:17:22 AM »
You guys do realize the lulz are already present.  He has previously won several awards from the NAACP.

Oh yea, which makes this all the more comical to me for many reasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »

Wait...are you implying that these awards were not based on his views, but were based on donations that he gave? No way the NAACP is just about money and power. They are for the advancement of colored people right???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »
I expect the next step in this saga to be calls for the forced sale of the Clippers to be to minority ownership.

I don't expect Sterling to sale to anyone but a family member or someone he can work out a deal with in which he will still maintain an interest in some fashion, even though it may not be a traceable interest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »
Oprah is putting in a bid to purchase the Clippers. 

AND YOU GET A BASKETBALL!  AND YOU GET A BASKETBALL!  AND YOU TOO!  YOU ALL GET BASKETBALLS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions