Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Release our girls!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Release our girls!
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »
OK. So I see a lot of folks jumping on this bandwagon. What, if anything, should the US do about this?

Should we trade as suggested below:

http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-releases-video-apparently-showing-kidnapped-girls-110453034.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Release our girls!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
My 2nd favorite president of all time said we don't negotiate with terrorists. I agree. However, I think we should do more than tweet a pic from the First Lady and send "technical advisors". I suspect we are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »
I hate #hastagawareness.  For any topic.  Cancer.  Rescue Pets.  Gay Rights.  A no- makeup picture.  A cock in a sock.  Whatever. 

Like a bunch of shitheads in West Africa give a fuck if they are trending negatively on Twitter.  Or give two fucks because Justin Timberlake is upset with them.

Nowhere in the world is there a cancer researcher thinking "YAY!  One more share of a stupid quote on Facebook for breast cancer awareness and I'll have that cure!!!"

But somehow liberals and young people all have the impression that by sharing shit like this on twitter and facebook, they can say with a straight face that they are socially engaged.  "OMG, Y'ALL!! I CARE SO HARD!!"  I would be willing to bet that a good 90% of the folks that share a hashtag about the kidnapped girls in Nigeria could not find Nigeria on a map if you spotted them Africa.  And I bet that if you ask who took them and why, they would have no fucking clue.

But by golly they shared the FUCK out of that #####!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
I hate #hastagawareness.  For any topic.  Cancer.  Rescue Pets.  Gay Rights.  A no- makeup picture.  A cock in a sock.  Whatever. 

Like a bunch of shitheads in West Africa give a fuck if they are trending negatively on Twitter.  Or give two fucks because Justin Timberlake is upset with them.

Nowhere in the world is there a cancer researcher thinking "YAY!  One more share of a stupid quote on Facebook for breast cancer awareness and I'll have that cure!!!"

But somehow liberals and young people all have the impression that by sharing shit like this on twitter and facebook, they can say with a straight face that they are socially engaged.  "OMG, Y'ALL!! I CARE SO HARD!!"  I would be willing to bet that a good 90% of the folks that share a hashtag about the kidnapped girls in Nigeria could not find Nigeria on a map if you spotted them Africa.  And I bet that if you ask who took them and why, they would have no fucking clue.

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
I hate #hastagawareness. 

#cantstopthesignal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
#cantstopthesignal

Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
I hate #hastagawareness.  For any topic.  Cancer.  Rescue Pets.  Gay Rights.  A no- makeup picture.  A rooster in a sock.  Whatever. 

Like a bunch of shootheads in West Africa give a fudge if they are trending negatively on Twitter.  Or give two fudges because Justin Timberlake is upset with them.

But somehow liberals and young people all have the impression that by sharing shoot like this on twitter and facebook, they can say with a straight face that they are socially engaged.  "OMG, Y'ALL!! I CARE SO HARD!!"  I would be willing to bet that a good 90% of the folks that share a hashtag about the kidnapped girls in Nigeria could not find Nigeria on a map if you spotted them Africa.  And I bet that if you ask who took them and why, they would have no fudgeing clue.

But by golly they shared the fudge out of that #####!!!
Where can I find a cock in a sock? #justcurious
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »

I mean...it's not declaring war or anything. And I don't think we have to act militarily on everything in the globe we disagree with. I don't think anyone would argue that the two are equivalent.

So what's wrong with raising global awareness?

In this case, it kind of did work.

http://time.com/87431/goodluck-jonathan-nigerian-president-schoolgirls-boko-haram/

President Goodluck Jonathan vowed to rescue over 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram three weeks ago after being blasted for failing to respond

by Taboola
After weeks of silence, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan pledged during a nationally broadcast speech on Sunday to find an estimated 276 Nigerian girls who were kidnapped from their school by insurgent group Boko Haram in mid-April.

“Wherever these girls are, we’ll get them out,” said President Jonathan on live television Sunday.

However, he accused some of the victims’ parents of withholding information about their daughters and called for “maximum cooperation” from parents.

Jonathan’s speech comes in the wake of heavy criticism both internationally and domestically of his government’s fumbled response to the kidnapping and of the failure to quash Boko Haram’s increasingly brazen campaign of violence across the country, which has seen more than 1,500 people killed during the first four months of 2014.

Following a successful media campaign featuring the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls, thousands of people rallied across the world over the weekend demanding action from the Nigerian government.

“I think it’s so important that the Nigerian government do a lot more in finding these women,” Matilda Egere-Cooper, a demonstrator of Nigerian origin in London, told CNN during a protest on Sunday.

Last Friday the President met with his top advisers and called for the creation of a “fact-finding committee” to investigate the April 14 mass kidnapping in Chibok, Borno state. He also promised to beef up security measures in the nation following a string of bombings in Abuja last month.

“[The] government strongly believes that the people of Nigeria, standing together, will overcome the current security challenges,” said the country’s Minister of Information Labaran Maku, according to a press release published after the meeting.

“The President assures Nigerians that ‘wherever the girls are in the world, we will get them back, apprehend and punish the culprits.’”

While the U.S. has been hesitant to provide security assistance to Nigeria because of ongoing human-rights concerns in the country, Secretary of State John Kerry promised to provide support to the beleaguered administration during a speech over the weekend.

“The kidnapping of hundreds of children by Boko Haram is an unconscionable crime,” said Kerry during a press conference in Ethiopia’s Addis Ababa on Saturday.

“We will do everything possible to support the Nigerian government to return these young women to their homes and to hold the perpetrators to justice.”

Their president's name is Goodluck Jonahtan?

Anyway, he did basically try to cover this up. Social media got ahold of it and it could no longer be ignored. Forced him to take action.

I guess I'm not necessarily saying that some fifty-something-year-old housewife posting about shit like this on facebook is changing the world for the better necessarily. But collectively, calling attention to things like this isn't worthy of getting all frothed over in anger about like this...

How is this Obama's fault? Other than the belief that everything always is. This is not some Obama initiative. This is one thing that one group of people are doing to raise awareness to get the public worked up about this issue. And yes, Michelle as first lady (she's not Secretary of State) also did her part to raise awareness. So what does Rush want here exactly? Take military action? Surely, he would praise the Obama administration for getting involved in another foreign war over some kidnapped girls. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
Well there you have it....The pouty faces worked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:08:49 AM »
Well there you have it....The pouty faces worked.

The girls were rescued?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
The girls were rescued?

Sarcasm is a cruel evil bitch to you. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:56:46 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions