Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corporate America-updated

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Corporate America-updated
« on: March 14, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »
This is with out a doubt the weirdest shit I ever seen. Most people here are nothing but fucking cube drones. Punch in at 8:00 and bust that clock at 5. The customer service section is right next to the accounting dept separated by a door. It is about 70 degrees in there, it is fucking 79 in our dept. And no airflow in my office so I bet its about 80 in here. Also there is no window in my office so I can't see outside. I feel like a rat in a maze. Thermoset has a code for it to adjust that I am not privy to (just yet). I pass people in the hallway and we never speak. I am trying to set them up to E-mail paystubs-we print them out (twice) now. You would have thought I was trying to change the wheel.

Better than the alternative I guess.  :facepalm: :facepalm:   

Could not hack it, Got a written warning this morning for something I didn't know I was suppose to be doing. Pretty sure got to cover someone's ass.

Gave two week notice.

Hate having to job search, but tired of walking around on egg shells around here waiting on shit. I kind of figured it out yesterday, saw two people fighting about who was right instead of what was right..  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:19:10 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Corporate America
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
This is with out a doubt the weirdest shit I ever seen. Most people here are nothing but fucking cube drones. Punch in at 8:00 and bust that clock at 5. The customer service section is right next to the accounting dept separated by a door. It is about 70 degrees in there, it is fucking 79 in our dept. And no airflow in my office so I bet its about 80 in here. Also there is no window in my office so I can't see outside. I feel like a rat in a maze. Thermoset has a code for it to adjust that I am not privy to (just yet). I pass people in the hallway and we never speak. I am trying to set them up to E-mail paystubs-we print them out (twice) now. You would have thought I was trying to change the wheel.

DO NOT let them borrow your stapler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
I said no salt on my margarita.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »
Hi, Dallas! What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:04:29 PM »
Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »
Serious X advice -

Put a large size picture of you with your wife.  You will gain friends and access to the thermostat. 

And if you really want to have a cool day, tell them that your wife is coming to visit after yoga.  That thermostat will be set to 50. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
Serious X advice -

Put a large size picture of you with your wife.  You will gain friends and access to the thermostat. 

And if you really want to have a cool day, tell them that your wife is coming to visit after yoga.  That thermostat will be set to 50.
I'd think just a picture of the wife - maybe a small one with both in case he needs proof
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »
Serious X advice -

I'd think just a picture of the wife - maybe a small one with both in case he needs proof

All sound advise except everybody but me in the accounting Dept is female. And none of them are worth posting on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »

All sound advise except everybody but me in the accounting Dept is female. And none of them are worth posting on here.

Then put a picture of yourself in a banana hammock on your desk. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
Then put a picture of yourself in a banana hammock on your desk.

Don't think I'll be there long enough to any effect. I have been getting there around 6:30 every morning and not leaving till 5 trying to show that I am the (new) good employee, well Friday I decide to leave a little early (10 till 5) I tell the head chick (who has told me that she wants me to take her job when she retires) she looks up at me and says its not 5 yet. I said ok and walked out the door. I can't put up with shit like that. This weekend started sending out resumes again. I won't quit until I land something. I just don't think I am a corporate guy. I'll be looking for a small office environment. Would take even less money than I make now to be happier in what and where I do my job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 01:13:38 PM »

Don't think I'll be there long enough to any effect. I have been getting there around 6:30 every morning and not leaving till 5 trying to show that I am the (new) good employee, well Friday I decide to leave a little early (10 till 5) I tell the head chick (who has told me that she wants me to take her job when she retires) she looks up at me and says its not 5 yet. I said ok and walked out the door. I can't put up with shit like that. This weekend started sending out resumes again. I won't quit until I land something. I just don't think I am a corporate guy. I'll be looking for a small office environment. Would take even less money than I make now to be happier in what and where I do my job.

Yea, yea, what he said. Fuck 'em in dat azz. I hope they all perish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »

Don't think I'll be there long enough to any effect. I have been getting there around 6:30 every morning and not leaving till 5 trying to show that I am the (new) good employee, well Friday I decide to leave a little early (10 till 5) I tell the head chick (who has told me that she wants me to take her job when she retires) she looks up at me and says its not 5 yet. I said ok and walked out the door. I can't put up with shoot like that. This weekend started sending out resumes again. I won't quit until I land something. I just don't think I am a corporate guy. I'll be looking for a small office environment. Would take even less money than I make now to be happier in what and where I do my job.
I'm no expert but I've always thought that it's best, if possible, to play their game for as long as it takes until I find something else, as you mentioned. I think there is something to the old adage about it being easier to find a job while you have a job.

I typically like the culture at smaller companies much better than Wall Street companies too. I have worked for 3. But there are often advantages with publically traded companies that are hard to come by in the privately held.

Play their game. Loaf off more. Turn in those TPS reports late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 06:55:59 PM »
I'm no expert but I've always thought that it's best, if possible, to play their game for as long as it takes until I find something else, as you mentioned. I think there is something to the old adage about it being easier to find a job while you have a job.

I typically like the culture at smaller companies much better than Wall Street companies too. I have worked for 3. But there are often advantages with publically traded companies that are hard to come by in the privately held.

Play their game. Loaf off more. Turn in those TPS reports late.
And fuck the cover sheets in the ass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

Don't think I'll be there long enough to any effect. I have been getting there around 6:30 every morning and not leaving till 5 trying to show that I am the (new) good employee, well Friday I decide to leave a little early (10 till 5) I tell the head chick (who has told me that she wants me to take her job when she retires) she looks up at me and says its not 5 yet. I said ok and walked out the door. I can't put up with shoot like that. This weekend started sending out resumes again. I won't quit until I land something. I just don't think I am a corporate guy. I'll be looking for a small office environment. Would take even less money than I make now to be happier in what and where I do my job.

My wife has encouraged me to do this, but just can't do it yet.  Maybe when the kids are out of the house I can justify taking the pay hit to leave big blue but until then I'll just keep worker bee-ing along.  This year on my yearly review I get a 2 out of 5 rating for corporate citizenship (basically how much I buy into the company rah-rah stuff), it was one of my prouder moments.  Especially since I got 4's and 5's on the other stuff, you know the unimportant things that actually pertain to my job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
My wife has encouraged me to do this, but just can't do it yet.  Maybe when the kids are out of the house I can justify taking the pay hit to leave big blue but until then I'll just keep worker bee-ing along.  This year on my yearly review I get a 2 out of 5 rating for corporate citizenship (basically how much I buy into the company rah-rah stuff), it was one of my prouder moments.  Especially since I got 4's and 5's on the other stuff, you know the unimportant things that actually pertain to my job.

^^Not a team player^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
^^Not a team player^^
Yeppers. Looks like somebody needs to turn that frown upside down and get with the program Mr. Stuffy pants!! When we work as a team, we can go faster and farther!! And when you send out company communications, birthday wishes, Happy St. Pat's day, etc., always use more than two exclamation points!!! Show some pride and enthusiasm for your company, Mr. Poo Poo head!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
^^Not a team player^^

I support the team that has me as CEO, wifey as CFO, and three workers who have to be reminded to take potty breaks and get paid in juice boxes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 10:18:58 AM »

That's not corporate America.

That's corporate America from 1988. Or also a current gubment job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 10:20:50 AM »
I support the team that has me as CEO, wifey as CFO, and three workers who have to be reminded to take potty breaks and get paid in juice boxes.

Sounds like quite the sweat shop you got going there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »
Sounds like quite the sweat shop you got going there.

Gotta crack that whip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions