Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corporate America-updated

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Corporate America-updated
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »

It is a little bit better in Texas. Besides Mrs. Dallas makes the big money and I always have umpiring and military retirement to fall back on.

Do I need to tell you what she can fall back onto?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
Your dick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
Back dat ass up and drop it down lo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »
Yeah, because the public sector is so much better.   :taunt:

I don't understand why you felt the need to post this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »

All options are on the table right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
All options are on the table right now.
Like a pen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2014, 04:20:48 PM »
Think I am being a pussy about the bullshit that goes around here. Taken from a company wide E-mail.

Using the CAPS LOCK can be perceived by others as argumentative and defensive.
Both of these behaviors are not what (Deleted) Inc. wish to portray.

Using CAPS in email form is no longer an acceptable form of communication. Turn the CAPS Lock OFF.

This message approved by: Eric Pitt [VP of Operations]

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »
FUCK ERIC PITT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
Think I am being a pussy about the bullshoot that goes around here. Taken from a company wide E-mail.

Using CAPS in email form is no longer an acceptable form of communication. Turn the CAPS Lock OFF.

I, for one, think it's a truly noble service.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:58:18 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »
Think I am being a pussy about the bullshit that goes around here. Taken from a company wide E-mail.

I've been a corporate drone for six years now.  This is very typical.  It's a very defensive/CYA environment.

Florida is an employment at will state and it took me nearly a year and a half to get a non-performing (failing to show up...showing up stoned) employee terminated (actually...the irony is that the day I got permission to terminate, she called and quit).

It's bullshit, for sure.  I'm working on my exit strategy as we speak.

That said, it's not the worst thing in the world.  The pay and benefits are great.  I get to bowl with AWK and Ogre and occasionally see Jumbo rock faces.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:39:51 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:14 PM »
I've been a corporate drone for six years now.  This is very typical.  It's a very defensive/CYA environment.

Florida is an employment at will state and it took me nearly a year and a half to get a non-performing (failing to show up...showing up stoned) employee terminated (actually...the irony is that the day I got permission to terminate, she called and quit).

That said, it's not the worst thing in the world.  The pay and benefits are great.  I get to bowl with AWK and Ogre and occasionally see Jumbo rock faces.

Mine was fuck it, two week notice.  Got to work on my professionalism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »

. . .

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »

What this guy said.

Its pretty typical. Comes with the territory of getting good pay and benefits. After a while you learn how to play the game and do what you want without getting caught.

I mean, yeah the CAPS email was stupid but is it really affecting you or what you do daily? No. Not unless youre a douche that likes to use CAPS all the time. In that case you probably deserve to be tormented with the corporate PC bullshit. As much as THS doesnt like to hear it, and as inefficient as some companies can seem to be - the public sector is far worse. Most companies/businesses are profitable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »

simple solution.  never use caps lock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »
As much as THS doesnt like to hear it, and as inefficient as some companies can seem to be - the public sector is far worse. Most companies/businesses are profitable.

And again - what the fuck are you talking about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
What this guy said.

Its pretty typical. Comes with the territory of getting good pay and benefits. After a while you learn how to play the game and do what you want without getting caught.

I mean, yeah the CAPS email was stupid but is it really affecting you or what you do daily? No. Not unless youre a douche that likes to use CAPS all the time. In that case you probably deserve to be tormented with the corporate PC bullshit. As much as THS doesnt like to hear it, and as inefficient as some companies can seem to be - the public sector is far worse. Most companies/businesses are profitable.

Getting on the X?

HR just came to me, Gonna have a sit-down with them, owner and head of accounting. Told them I did send the two week notice e-mail in anger but I would hold to it if they needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
Getting on the X?

HR just came to me, Gonna have a sit-down with them, owner and head of accounting. Told them I did send the two week notice e-mail in anger but I would hold to it if they needed.

Nope.  Use this.  Air your grievances POLITELY.  Tell them that your new employee perspective has allowed you to identify areas where there can be both improvement and cost savings, which is what you felt was a primary function of your job, but you are not being allowed to do the job that you were hired to do.  Be polite but open and honest and lay it out.  Either you are given the autonomy to do your job as you see fit without bullshit interference, or they need someone else to maintain the status quo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »
Nope.  Use this.  Air your grievances POLITELY.  Tell them that your new employee perspective has allowed you to identify areas where there can be both improvement and cost savings, which is what you felt was a primary function of your job, but you are not being allowed to do the job that you were hired to do.  Be polite but open and honest and lay it out.  Either you are given the autonomy to do your job as you see fit without bullshit interference, or they need someone else to maintain the status quo.

Good point, I'll bring pictures of the X-gate from 2012 to help me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
Good point, I'll bring pictures of the X-gate from 2012 to help me.
Your boss is a midget? How does he feel about being thrown threw the air?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Your boss is a midget? How does he feel about being thrown threw the air?

Her mind is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions