Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In Case You Didn't Know

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
In Case You Didn't Know
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »
There are reasons why we suck in the playing of the round ballz. Kent Dorffman is a legacy.
Coppage de la pasta Dothan Eagle

In case you didn’t know, Wesley Person Jr. scored 55 points for Brantley at the Dothan Civic Center during the Class 1A South Regional basketball tournament on Friday.

In case you didn’t know, he is the son of former Auburn and NBA standout Wesley Person.

In case you didn’t know, he is the nephew of former Auburn and NBA star Chuck Person.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley is a 6-foot-3 senior guard who can shoot the lights out.

In case you didn’t know, the 55 points he tallied is believed to be a regional tournament record in the AHSAA for a single-game scoring effort in any classification.

In case you didn’t know, he connected on 15-of-26 shots from the field, including 3-of-7 from 3-point range, and drained 22-of-28 free throws.

In case you didn’t know, the previous record is believed to be 52 points in 1995 by Bart Hyche of Class 3A Winfield.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley also contributed nine rebounds during the 55-point scoring effort.

In case you didn’t know, he scored 45 points in a game twice earlier this season.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley averaged just more than 30 points per game during the regular season for Brantley.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley started on the Enterprise High School varsity as a freshman, and played some on the team as an eighth grader.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley transferred to Luverne for his sophomore year before playing the last two years at Brantley High, the alma mater of Wesley Person Sr. and Chuck Person.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley says Troy, UAB, Western Carolina and Mercer have offered him a college scholarship.

In case you didn’t know, former Enterprise teammate Rhett Harrelson is a sophomore guard for one of those teams showing interest - Western Carolina.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley says Auburn has shown a little interest and Alabama has shown no interest.

In case you didn’t know, Auburn and Alabama need a lot of help on the basketball court.

In case you didn’t know, Alabama coach Anthony Grant was in attendance at the Dothan Civic Center on Tuesday and thought to be scouting Theodore High junior guard Dazon Ingram.

In case you didn’t know, Grant left and missed seeing Wesley score 27 points later that day in the semifinal win against St. Luke’s.

In case you didn’t know, Wesley was nicknamed Tatt when he was a baby.

In case you didn’t know, Brantley lost to Sunshine 82-80 in the regional title game in which Wesley scored 55.

In case you didn’t know, that means the high school basketball career for Wesley at Brantley has now come to a close.

Now you should know a little more about Wesley Person Jr.

Hopefully, the college basketball coaches in this state and beyond already know all about him.

If they don’t, they should get to know him in a hurry.

Just to let you know.

Follow Jon Johnson on Twitter @eaglesportsed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: In Case You Didn't Know
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »
Why in the Wide World of Sports would we want a legacy that can score 40 a game?  We already have ummmm...that guy from Croatia that contributes 1.2 ppg and the guy from Canada that can turn the ball over with the best of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
old news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »
Why would we not have offered this guy? He can score. He has AU in his blood.

He cannot suck worse than what we have!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »
Why would we not have offered this guy? He can score. He has AU in his blood.

He cannot suck worse than what we have!
Looks like he's taller than Frankie Sullivan.  Surely Son-of-Stick outweighs his dad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 10:09:04 AM »
Looks like he's taller than Frankie Sullivan.  Surely Son-of-Stick outweighs his dad.

One of my greatest days at Auburn was the day Chuck and Wesley showed up at the ACT center to play pickup ball.  They nearly came to blows when Chuck put up a shot from 30 feet, missed, and called a foul on Wesley who wasn't within five feet of him.  Good times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:19 AM »
One of my greatest days at Auburn was the day Chuck and Wesley showed up at the ACT center to play pickup ball.  They nearly came to blows when Chuck put up a shot from 30 feet, missed, and called a foul on Wesley who wasn't within five feet of him.  Good times.

Chuck didn't normally shoot from close range like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 10:37:31 AM »
Yeah, I used to take it to the hoop on these guys. Obviously, I couldn't dunk over them. Had to go around and use the quickness off the dribble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 04:09:15 PM »
Saw this guy play in Montgomery last week. Holy.

I remember seeing Barkley and Bobby Hurt go at it in an high school all star game back in the 80s and think "Barkely is going to dominate the SEC."  A year later I saw a reekingly intoxicated Bobby Hurt passed out on top of a video game (Space Invaders or Pac Man I think but I don't remember) in a convenience store. 

Side note: Remember when convenience stores had video games? You'd go to the Piffle Mart to play Space Invaders or Asteroids. And the clerks would get pissed because you were just hanging around in there and hogging the machine (if you were good) and stealing candy, chips and drinks. They got rid of the things and the next thing you know "Shazam's Super Arcade" opens up with all the games, pinball machines and a pretty solid drug business through the little door in the very back of the narrow room. Mostly weed, but some pills too. And everybody smoked. So your parents banned you from going into Shazam's Super Arcade because the patrons were unsavory. But you went anyway. And then the cops started hassling the place. It kept getting shut down for violating this ordinance or that and then the cops started rousting all the people who were just hanging around outside smoking and killing time for loitering. And then somebody got mad and detonated a pipe bomb outside the police department.  And then there was a curfew. 

Sorry, got lost there for a moment... Anyway, Person III doesn't have that Chuckie "aww" factor, but I watched him dismantle a pretty good team.  Not sure why we wouldn't look at him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

I remember seeing Barkley and Bobby Hurt go at it in an high school all star game back in the 80s and think "Barkely is going to dominate the SEC."  A year later I saw a reekingly intoxicated Bobby Hurt passed out on top of a video game (Space Invaders or Pac Man I think but I don't remember) in a convenience store. 

Side note: Remember when convenience stores had video games? You'd go to the Piffle Mart to play Space Invaders or Asteroids. And the clerks would get pissed because you were just hanging around in there and hogging the machine (if you were good) and stealing candy, chips and drinks. They got rid of the things and the next thing you know "Shazam's Super Arcade" opens up with all the games, pinball machines and a pretty solid drug business through the little door in the very back of the narrow room. Mostly weed, but some pills too. And everybody smoked. So your parents banned you from going into Shazam's Super Arcade because the patrons were unsavory. But you went anyway. And then the cops started hassling the place. It kept getting shut down for violating this ordinance or that and then the cops started rousting all the people who were just hanging around outside smoking and killing time for loitering. And then somebody got mad and detonated a pipe bomb outside the police department.  And then there was a curfew. 

Sorry, got lost there for a moment... Anyway, Person III doesn't have that Chuckie "aww" factor, but I watched him dismantle a pretty good team.  Not sure why we wouldn't look at him.

AAU? If he's good, he'll be tied in with them somehow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

Then there was the time you had a rumble with the Sharks over Maria.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »

chucklez
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »

You learned to dance ironically?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
You learned to dance ironically?
I'm here to support a friend and a work colleague.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
chucklez

There wasn't no sharks where I growed up.  Or no Maria either.  But I did punch the hell out of a guy named Ben for talking to my Lisa.  And he was her cousin.  I also didn't build the pipe bomb or put it there. And despite questioning from Barney Fife I never gave up who did. Because I didn't know.  It was the 80s, man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:38 PM »

Ignore everything but the stuff about the video games and the pipe bomb. 

The kid I saw wasn't even Person.  It was some kid who has a name that sounds like another kid that either played basketball or football and I apparently got confused. 

So, no.  I know nothing about Wes Person Jr.  But I can tell you about Asteroids in Piffle's Shop and Snack in 1981.

I did dig up his box scores from last week.

http://www.dothan.org/DocumentCenter/View/1786  Took half his team's shots, scored 2/3 of its points.

http://www.dothan.org/DocumentCenter/View/1754  Allowed other players to touch the ball.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:38:46 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:05 PM »
Since we're strolling down memory lane (or memory "painted area" as Hubie Brown might call it)..........

I played at the Student Act with Stick when we were both freshmen.  My favorite player on the team was Aaron Swinson - hell of a nice guy on the Student Act court, think he's coaching women's college team somewhere now.  Champ Wrencher was a walk-on PG from Ramsay HS that started as a Sr, also a nice guy - me, him and another guy played on a Sunday right before the break after spring quarter, right before he moved out west to pursue career with his radio, TV, film degree - winner-stays, and we stayed on that court from opening at 1 until closing at 5.  4 hours straight, and could have played longer if they'd let us - can't imagine even a half hour now.  Wonder if any of those guys have gained half the weight I have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:27 PM »
Since we're strolling down memory lane (or memory "painted area" as Hubie Brown might call it)..........

I played at the Student Act with Stick when we were both freshmen.  My favorite player on the team was Aaron Swinson - hell of a nice guy on the Student Act court, think he's coaching women's college team somewhere now.  Champ Wrencher was a walk-on PG from Ramsay HS that started as a Sr, also a nice guy - me, him and another guy played on a Sunday right before the break after spring quarter, right before he moved out west to pursue career with his radio, TV, film degree - winner-stays, and we stayed on that court from opening at 1 until closing at 5.  4 hours straight, and could have played longer if they'd let us - can't imagine even a half hour now.  Wonder if any of those guys have gained half the weight I have.

I used to play pickup ball with Champ when he came back to Auburn to go to grad school.  I think he's coaching and teaching in Cali.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
I used to play hide the salami with Mary Jo Huffstedter at the Arboretum on a blanket at night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions