Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Screw it, I give up

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Screw it, I give up
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »
So, who won?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
So, who won?
Whatever side you were on at the beginning. As usual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
So, who won?

Until one of them can reconcile the Ten Commandments and Moses peering solemnly from the Supreme Court building itself, I think the answer to that is obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:27 AM »
Until one of them can reconcile the Ten Commandments and Moses peering solemnly from the Supreme Court building itself, I think the answer to that is obvious.
Yeah, I knew you won. I was just seeing if any of them actually believed that they won. I quit reading any of this a long time ago and voted for you regardless of the justifications. Just couldn't bring myself to vote with the gays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
Yeah, I knew you won. I was just seeing if any of them actually believed that they won. I quit reading any of this a long time ago and voted for you regardless of the justifications. Just couldn't bring myself to vote with the gays.

Michael Sam hates you.

But he is tolerant of your position!

Go Alabama (the state). Get those Ten commandments back in government building WHERE THEY BELONG!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 01:32:51 PM »

My tongue causes swing votes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »

Yet again, moving argument that winds up being incompatible with your previous argument.

First amendment was submitted in 1789 and ratified in 1791, Supreme Court building was completed in 1935.  Maybe you intended to refer to the Moses and Ten Commandments that appear in the U.S. Capitol, but that building was designed in 1793 and not completed until 1811.  You argue that subsequent intent shouldn't affect the original intent at the time the first amendment was adopted, but then you point to subsequent actions.  Contradictory.

Aside from this, Moses is a historical figure, not solely a religious one.  He is viewed as one of the earlier historical "lawgivers," and thus is featured alongside other religious and non-religious figures who were lawgivers in a historical context, including Confucius, Solon, Hammurabi, Pope Innocent III, and even Suleiman I, a *gasp* Muslim.

I am not aware of any display of the Ten Commandments in the Supreme Court or U.S. Capitol that lists the commandments themselves.  Rather, there is a symbolic depiction of two tablets with Roman numerals I - X.  These tablets appear in many different places, including on a frieze in the Supreme Court's courtroom itself.  The frieze's designer, Adolph Weinman, has a letter on file with the Supreme Court archives which indicates that those tablets refer to the Bill of Rights.

Furthermore, there are also documents on file in the Supreme Court archives which indicate that architect Cass Gilbert instructed Adoplh Weinman to "choose the subjects and figures that best reflected the function of the Supreme Court building," hence the selection of a variety of historical lawgivers, both of religious and non-religious backgrounds.

But even if any of those images of tablets could be construed so as to refer to the Ten Commandments (such as the tablets that appear directly with Moses), there is no quotation of the Biblical contents of those tablets.  Instead, there is only an image of tablets with Roman numerals on them, and thus no direct reference to religious commandments themselves, but rather a contextual reference to one of the first sets of laws created.  The intentional absence of the actual text of each commandment in combination with the presence of other lawgivers suggests that no religious reference was intended to be displayed or conveyed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »
I thought we had already agreed upon a winner. So, is it going to be the last word now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
I thought we had already agreed upon a winner. So, is it going to be the last word now?

Word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »
You boys are gonna' piss off Hitler.

Don't piss off Hitler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2014, 05:46:08 PM »

It usually just ends in the opposition admitting that they can no longer beat their head against the immovable wall of Kaos and just giving up for the futility of it all.

Does not make the shouter a winner by any logical measure.  He just wins the war of attrition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
It usually just ends in the opposition admitting that they can no longer beat their head against the immovable wall of Kaos and just giving up for the futility of it all.

Does not make the shouter a winner by any logical measure.  He just wins the war of attrition.

Winning is winning.

White flags are white flags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »
Yet again, moving argument that winds up being incompatible with your previous argument.

First amendment was submitted in 1789 and ratified in 1791, Supreme Court building was completed in 1935.  Maybe you intended to refer to the Moses and Ten Commandments that appear in the U.S. Capitol, but that building was designed in 1793 and not completed until 1811.  You argue that subsequent intent shouldn't affect the original intent at the time the first amendment was adopted, but then you point to subsequent actions.  Contradictory.

Aside from this, Moses is a historical figure, not solely a religious one.  He is viewed as one of the earlier historical "lawgivers," and thus is featured alongside other religious and non-religious figures who were lawgivers in a historical context, including Confucius, Solon, Hammurabi, Pope Innocent III, and even Suleiman I, a *gasp* Muslim.

I am not aware of any display of the Ten Commandments in the Supreme Court or U.S. Capitol that lists the commandments themselves.  Rather, there is a symbolic depiction of two tablets with Roman numerals I - X.  These tablets appear in many different places, including on a frieze in the Supreme Court's courtroom itself.  The frieze's designer, Adolph Weinman, has a letter on file with the Supreme Court archives which indicates that those tablets refer to the Bill of Rights.

Furthermore, there are also documents on file in the Supreme Court archives which indicate that architect Cass Gilbert instructed Adoplh Weinman to "choose the subjects and figures that best reflected the function of the Supreme Court building," hence the selection of a variety of historical lawgivers, both of religious and non-religious backgrounds.

But even if any of those images of tablets could be construed so as to refer to the Ten Commandments (such as the tablets that appear directly with Moses), there is no quotation of the Biblical contents of those tablets.  Instead, there is only an image of tablets with Roman numerals on them, and thus no direct reference to religious commandments themselves, but rather a contextual reference to one of the first sets of laws created.  The intentional absence of the actual text of each commandment in combination with the presence of other lawgivers suggests that no religious reference was intended to be displayed or conveyed.

TL;DR

All I got out of those was "surrender"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »
TL;DR

All I got out of those was "surrender"

I just think it's an amazing feat that he is able to learn this much information while keeping up his busy lifestyle of pleasing multiple big black menz nightly. It's a busy life for him. Kudos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »
I just think it's an amazing feat that he is able to learn this much information while keeping up his busy lifestyle of pleasing multiple big black menz nightly. It's a busy life for him. Kudos.

He is well versed. And takes every chance to show it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »

My pleasin' skills are such that it doesn't take long to go through 10 black menz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »
My pleasin' skills are such that it doesn't take long to go through 10 black menz.

Vandy's love of the black cocks....something I think we can all agree is a fact. No opinions needed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:33:29 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE