Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

John Kerry on climate change...

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: John Kerry on climate change...
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »
Oh yeah one more thing:

If global warming has been proven just as you and John Kerry would have us believe, then you should agree not one more dime of my tax money should go to anyone trying to prove we have global warming.

NO MORE MONEY they have done their job. Case closed.  Go try to study something else
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

You people are deathly afraid of knowledge and education for some bizarre reason.

Based on what I've seen here you don't know the meaning of the words "education" or "knowledge" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »
how come we can't make it rain in southern California?

Because it pours, man. It pours. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
Based on what I've seen here you don't know the meaning of the words "education" or "knowledge"

Then explain, Mr. Fancy Pants.  What is real education and what is true knowledge? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2014, 08:22:12 PM »
Here's the infuriating thing about this discussion (and far too many others in the dead season):

Because some don't accept the same theories as fact that others do, those who have a different viewpoint are painted as uneducated, backward, mentally deficient or ignorant.

That's ridiculous. I've been to college. Grew up in a college atmosphere (both parents are/were college professors) where I was taught to think, study and research. Was taught to be intelligent enough to change my views as I gathered more information. Was taught to look past the surface and try to see the true motivations for things. Taught to stick to what I know and learned regardless of what public opinion was, particularly if I'd done the research.

I've looked at the global warming/cooling/change issue and done so since the 70s. I've heard both sides. Ice heard the hysteria and seen essentially the same evidence interpreted in vastly different ways. I've also seen unbiased evidence that shows that the "change" idiots like Kerry freak out about is naturally occurring and has naturally occurred for millions of years.  I watched people like him scream about a coming ice age because we were polluting the planet so we spent trillions and ceded control to the government to strangle the coal and timber industries.  We cleaned it up so well that now we are all gonna burn!! 

I looked at the evidence over a long span of time from a variety of sources and I made up my mind. Just because you choose to believe something different doesn't give you the intellectual high ground.

That I can sort of accept.

But when you drift off into categorizing everyone who believes in God and accepts the fact that the wonders of this earth are divinely inspired as snake-handling, Jesus-rode-a-dinosaur, high school drop out, foot washing, duck dynasty watching, tent revival shouting dimwit, that is patently offensive.

I may not be the smartest guy in this room, but I'm not some unwashed rube either. To claim that because I don't accept your "maybe there was lightning that hit some mud and accidentally formed DNA" hypothesis means I'm somehow less intelligent or less educated or less civilized as you is patently absurd.

And to further that by proposing that anyone with a tenth grade education most certainly believes as you do completely flies in the face of every shred of evidence that exists. Otherwise all the churches in the state would be abandoned.

I'm smart enough to recognize that science and religion are not mutually exclusive. That many religions share similar origin stories and values and codes of morality, so I'm not even talking just about Christianity.

You claim people like me are close minded. What you fail to recognize is that you are far more close minded than I because you refuse to consider the possibility of something you can't see or hear.

For what it's worth I was a raging liberal democrat who trusted nothing but what I thought I could prove scientifically when I was in my 20s. As I've gotten older, lived in this world, had children, suffered loss, developed my own work ethic, bought a house, paid taxes and watched the cycle of life all of that has changed. The only people I grew up with who remained liberal and democrat are those who inherited a family fortune or those who took government jobs. All of us who had to work our way through? We lean more conservative. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
All I got from your rant is that you believe that your life experiences give you credibility to decide what science is right and what science is wrong.  That's patently unscientific.

I don't think anyone truly believes they are intellectually superior than you.  But you are acting like a brick wall when it comes to links to credible sources. 

And again, no one has challenged the existence of God in this thread or any others related to this topic.  There's been some sarcasm and finger pointing at the religious right who refuse to open their own minds to reconciling scientific discovery and religious texts, but as for saying that only God-believers are evolution/climate change refusers, I haven't seen that at all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
And again, no one has challenged the existence of God in this thread or any others related to this topic.  There's been some sarcasm and finger pointing at the religious right who refuse to open their own minds to reconciling scientific discovery and religious texts, but as for saying that only God-believers are evolution/climate change refusers, I haven't seen that at all.
Or anything remotely political, unless believing in scientific principles is a partisan issue.

So the rant on taxes, work ethic and "liberal democrat thinking" is baffling to those of us staying on topic and not shifting the conversation to address straw men only alluded in some hallucinogenic Rorschach test that is being projected onto others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
All I got from your rant is that you believe that your life experiences give you credibility to decide what science is right and what science is wrong.  That's patently unscientific.

I don't think anyone truly believes they are intellectually superior than you.  But you are acting like a brick wall when it comes to links to credible sources. 

1. Wasn't a "rant"
2. I'm smarter than a lot of people here. Life experience is part of that.  But "smart" isn't alpha and omega.
3. I find little credibility in the "sources" and there is as much or more evidence to the contrary. Just because YOU choose to accept it doesn't make it so.  I've been watching this same horse crap for longer than you've been alive.
4. Yes. Often in this thread I've seen anyone who rejects the so-called consensus branded as morons. You yourself claimed that anyone with any semblance of education embraced your theories. The only way that can be interpreted is that anyone who doesn't isn't as educated as you or the average 10th grader.
5. It's a consistent theme from some that if you believe in God you must be dim and lacking in sophistication.

I already invoked Hitler so why is this still continuing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
1. Wasn't a "rant"
2. I'm smarter than a lot of people here. Life experience is part of that.  But "smart" isn't alpha and omega.
3. I find little credibility in the "sources" and there is as much or more evidence to the contrary. Just because YOU choose to accept it doesn't make it so.  I've been watching this same horse crap for longer than you've been alive.
4. Yes. Often in this thread I've seen anyone who rejects the so-called consensus branded as morons. You yourself claimed that anyone with any semblance of education embraced your theories. The only way that can be interpreted is that anyone who doesn't isn't as educated as you or the average 10th grader.
5. It's a consistent theme from some that if you believe in God you must be dim and lacking in sophistication.

I already invoked Hitler so why is this still continuing?

This!

I gots me one a dem Aubren edmacations too.

I just didn't let the few libtard professors influence me. My hard working daddy taught me better!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »

This!

I gots me one a dem Aubren edmacations too.

I just didn't let the few libtard professors influence me. My hard working daddy taught me better!
Yeah! You gotta work to earn a lack of trust in science and education! None of those book-learnin' handouts! No matter how much I paid for an education, I wasn't letting SHIT in cause diddy tolt me you gotta EARN that ignorance. TEACHERS AND PROFESSORS DON'T KNOW SHIT! ROLL TIDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
Yeah! You gotta work to earn a lack of trust in science and education! None of those book-learnin' handouts! No matter how much I paid for an education, I wasn't letting SHIT in cause diddy tolt me you gotta EARN that ignorance. TEACHERS AND PROFESSORS DON'T KNOW SHIT! ROLL TIDE!

You are not the brightest scholar are you?  Plus, you haven't even lived long enough to see how education has changed over the years from teaching to forcing opinions. The THEORY of evolution is just ONE proposal of how life was created and evolved. That is how it was taught when I was in school. They even had a, GASP, Bible class too. Education used to be about learning. Now it is about indoctrination. Hell half of the teachers teaching the shit know better, but for fear of their jobs, they teach your bullshit in books written by people like you.

It used to be that we taught what was passed down as history, now it is REVISED history. Any scholar on the civil war would be able to point out the tremendous amount of propaganda that is being taught on that subject alone.
They spend more time today on tolerance of everyone BUT the mainstream that they get no teaching done.

And you would have us believe that we should trust educators? Are you out of your damn mind? Let me answer that. YES! But you don't even know it.

Go and discuss history with old people from different parts of the country and see how and what they were taught. Its not what you were taught. And no, its not better because they know more now. You and your generation are victims of the hippie generation. It really is sad to see.

And my daddy's generation still know what America should stand for. They were raised on right and wrong and the consequences of those actions. So when I was taught right and had some liberal panty waist poly sci almost professor trying to teach me from his mind and not from the textbook (both different), I raised hell and had it stopped. Your generation sucked it up as truth. Why would you not. Nobody taught you different.

Kaos is right, but your generation cannot see it. You are the first truly hippie educated group to come out of that liberal plan that started back in the late 60's.  You just don't know it.

BTW. Evolution is just a theory and global warming is bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »
Yeah! You gotta work to earn a lack of trust in science and education! None of those book-learnin' handouts! No matter how much I paid for an education, I wasn't letting shoot in cause diddy tolt me you gotta EARN that ignorance. TEACHERS AND PROFESSORS DON'T KNOW shoot! ROLL TIDE!

This is truly sad. It's shameful actually.

I feel badly for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »
This is truly one of the best topics I've ever seen discussed on message forums. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2014, 10:03:01 AM »
This is truly one of the best topics I've ever seen discussed on message forums.

Sarcasmuch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »
Or anything remotely political, unless believing in scientific principles is a partisan issue.

So the rant on taxes, work ethic and "liberal democrat thinking" is baffling to those of us staying on topic and not shifting the conversation to address straw men only alluded in some hallucinogenic Rorschach test that is being projected onto others.
And another thing about this?

Although you guys love to artificially inject my personal political opinions into every one of these conversations, and although you believe to have me pegged as a raging pinko-hippie...

BECAUSE I happen to share a lot of the same opinions as many of you guys on most issues regarding personal freedoms and economic principles? That's exactly why these conversations drive me insane. Bringing it back full circle to the post that lit off this gas fire. Maybe I don't get outraged that Coke commercials don't speak Amurican, or pine over the good ol' days when you could call black people the N-word with no repercussions. But there IS a lot of PC-bullshit run amok out there that IS worth griping about. I'm opposed to economic policies like raising the minimum wage, raising taxes, expanding social programs. I hate hippie bullshit like banning Big Gulps. I'm generally opposed to any infringements on the 2nd Amendment. In fact, I'm consistent in holding the entire Bill of Rights sacred, which isn't en vogue these days by either side. I'm on the right on all of these things.

What sparked this whole discussion is that the right is in danger of extinction BECAUSE they refuse to step out of the primordial ooze they don't believe in and fucking EVOLVE. SOMEONE needs to step up and challenge some of the bullshit I mentioned in the paragraph above. But when the only people doing so are the ones that think homosexuality is a genetic defect that needs to be cured? When they refuse to "believe" in foundational scientific principles that are consensus among the scientific community? When they spin their wheels trying to display the 10 Commandments on a courtroom wall after the 300th time they've been explained that it's not constitutional? When they don't want no brown people permeating our borders for fear of a future where whitey may not be the majority? Then of course no one takes anything else they have to say seriously. A senile homeless man in a Napoleon hat may have a nugget of wisdom or two buried in between rants about the end being nigh and the conversation he's having with the aliens in his head, but no one's sticking around to listen.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:18:44 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »
And another thing about this?

Although you guys love to artificially inject my personal political opinions into every one of these conversations, and although you believe to have me pegged as a raging pinko-hippie...

BECAUSE I happen to share a lot of the same opinions as many of you guys on most issues regarding personal freedoms and economic principles? That's exactly why these conversations drive me insane. Bringing it back full circle to the post that lit off this gas fire. Maybe I don't get outraged that Coke commercials don't speak Amurican, or pine over the good ol' days when you could call black people the N-word with no repercussions. But there IS a lot of PC-bullshoot run amok out there that IS worth griping about. I'm opposed to economic policies like raising the minimum wage, raising taxes, expanding social programs. I hate hippie bullshoot like banning Big Gulps. I'm generally opposed to any infringements on the 2nd Amendment. In fact, I'm consistent in holding the entire Bill of Rights sacred, which isn't in vogue these days by either side. I'm on the right on all of these things.

What sparked this whole discussion is that the right is in danger of extinction BECAUSE they refuse to step out of the primordial ooze they don't believe in and fudgeing EVOLVE. SOMEONE needs to step up and challenge some of the bullshoot I mentioned in the paragraph above. But when the only people doing so are the ones that think homosexuality is a genetic defect that needs to be cured? When they refuse to "believe" in foundational scientific principles that are consensus among the scientific community? When they spin their wheels trying to display the 10 Commandments on a courtroom wall after the 300th time they've been explained that it's not constitutional? When they don't want no brown people permeating our borders for fear of a future where whitey may not be the majority? Then of course no one takes anything else they have to say seriously. A senile homeless man in a Napoleon hat may have a nugget of wisdom or two buried in between rants about the end being nigh and the conversation he's having with the aliens in his head, but no one's sticking around to listen.
Why don't you just go ahead, get it over with and come out of the closet?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:19:24 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
You claim to believe in the bill of rights, yet you subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation and fabrication of meaning surrounding the first one based on a letter from Jefferson to his constituents?

And none of the other stuff you bitched about can be proven or dis-proven.

You also misconstrue the immigration argument. But we get it; you don't get it yet.

One day you might. Or maybe the indoctrination of your generation is complete. It's not they they planned to turn you over night. A little at a time will do. Look at your statement. "I agree with you guys on almost everything except these few issues", which happen to be moralistic opinion issues.

I know. I now. Tinfoil and all that. But you guys never even attempt to see any other possibility.

You can go ahead and throw me into the Loon category with others you don't even know. I get it. It's part of the plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »

What sparked this whole discussion is that the right is in danger of extinction BECAUSE they refuse to step out of the primordial ooze they don't believe in and fudgeing EVOLVE. SOMEONE needs to step up and challenge some of the bullshoot I mentioned in the paragraph above. But when the only people doing so are the ones that think homosexuality is a genetic defect that needs to be cured? When they refuse to "believe" in foundational scientific principles that are consensus among the scientific community? When they spin their wheels trying to display the 10 Commandments on a courtroom wall after the 300th time they've been explained that it's not constitutional? When they don't want no brown people permeating our borders for fear of a future where whitey may not be the majority? Then of course no one takes anything else they have to say seriously. A senile homeless man in a Napoleon hat may have a nugget of wisdom or two buried in between rants about the end being nigh and the conversation he's having with the aliens in his head, but no one's sticking around to listen.

What sparked this whole discussion is that John Kerry is a saggy faced moron, spouting off about something he knows nothing whatsoever about. 

You believe there is "global whatever."  There's not.  But it's your right to believe whatever you want.  It's not your right to dump anyone who disagrees with you into the "uneducated, moron, dinosaur, religious nusto" party any more than it is ours (loosely) to brand you as a greenpeace dope smoking hippie fag for believing what you want. 

You've made a few good arguments, but at the end of the day, after looking at 40 years of evidence (my lifetime essentially) and at the least biased records available I personally deem the climate cooling, warming change hysteria to be lunacy.  "Scientific community" my ass. And I'm done with it. 

For argument's sake if homosexuality is a genetic defect, shouldn't it be cured?  It's one or the other. Genetic or choice.  If it's one -- well.. -- and if it's the other.. .well...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
You claim to believe in the bill of rights, yet you subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation and fabrication of meaning surrounding the first one based on a letter from Jefferson to his constituents?
Yeah, I "subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation". Me, the Surpreme Court, and everyone who ever studied the Constitution all "subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation." Alvin Holmes, DuWayne Bridges, Darrio Melton, James Buskey. Those guys are the great thinkers of our time. If only I could get it like you and they do.

Look at your statement. "I agree with you guys on almost everything except these few issues", which happen to be moralistic opinion issues.
What's "moralistic", as you say, about most of those issues is loving thy fellow man. Treating them as you would want to be treated and not begrudging them for being different than you. You know, the one Golden Rule that Jesus actually did say trumps all others and should be applied to the way you view the world?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:49:28 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »
Yeah, I "subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation". Me, the Surpreme Court, and everyone who ever studied the Constitution all "subscribe to an obvious misinterpretation." Alvin Holmes, DuWayne Bridges, Darrio Melton, James Buskey. Those guys are the great thinkers of our time. If only I could get it like you and they do.
What's "moralistic", as you say, about most of those issues is loving thy fellow man. Treating them as you would want to be treated and not begrudging them for being different than you. You know, the one Golden Rule that Jesus actually did say trumps all others and should be applied to the way you view the world?

"everyone who ever studied the constitution"? Really? There you go again...

The golden rule does not allow for acceptance of sin. You might want to get a little more context.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions