Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

John Kerry on climate change...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
John Kerry on climate change...
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »
Now that he's spoken, we can finally put this to rest on here. Apparently, the most important thing he has done to thwart the earth from burning up is in bold. He met with someone.

I'm pretty sure that they (gov't leeches) may take away our cars and further regulate electricity in the not-so-distant future. "Meetings" for these people usually promote laws and change that have an adverse effect on us. It would be nice if there were more realistic and common sense taxpayers in the room.

Also, someone quick! Pull Kaos' head out of the sand before he suffocates!

John Kerry: Denying climate change is like saying Earth is flat

Cassie Fambro | cfambro@al.com By  Cassie Fambro | cfambro@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM, updated February 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Secretary of State John Kerry has blunt words for those who question climate change.

‘‘The science is unequivocal, and those who refuse to believe it are simply burying their heads in the sand,’’ Kerry said. ‘‘We don’t have time for a meeting anywhere of the Flat Earth Society,’’ he said at an American center, via the Boston Globe.

He also said that people need to take it more seriously.

‘In a sense, climate change can now be considered the world’s largest weapon of mass destruction, perhaps even, the world’s most fearsome weapon of mass destruction.’’

Kerry supports a global initiative to switch from fossil fuels to natural technologies that are cleaner and has met with China to facilitate changes in reducing vehicle emissions; advanced electric power grids; capturing and storing carbon emissions; gathering greenhouse gas data; and building efficiency.

Kerry also added that he encourages taking personal responsibility for the climate, pointing to "everyone and every country" for the future of the world's environment.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:40:31 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: John Kerry on climate change...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:28 PM »
I am happy to see this thread so well received. I'm just glad to contribute to this board and discuss meaningful issues in a respectful manner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:38:06 PM »
But according to EVERYONE, the data os indisputable...

Climate Change This Week: Faulty Accounting   Feb. 11, 2014         An audit by the Office of the Inspector General found that the State Department's $75 million tab for climate change programs included $600,000 that couldn't be accounted for. That may be seen as nothing more than a rounding error, but it was also a sign of burning cash and fudging data. The OIG pointed out the recipients in question “did not fully … ensure that the data used in reporting programmatic results were complete, accurate, consistent, and supportable.”
Buttressing this revelation about “fudging” the data, at a time when earlier climate models estimated we had been significantly warmer, the amount of ice and snow cover burying most of the nation signifies otherwise. Satellite reporting this week showed the Great Lakes had their greatest ice cover in two decades, with Lake Superior and Lake Erie being almost totally frozen.
Yet there are some in Congress who continue to use incomplete, inaccurate, inconsistent and unsupportable data to plod on with their tired tales of man-made climate change. After all, there's a lot of government money to be redistributed and regulations to be handed down from on high. The Safe Climate Caucus (yes, that's a real thing), chaired by retiring Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), can't get the time of day in a GOP-controlled House, so the Caucus is enlisting the help of an all too willing Leftmedia. Regardless of the evidence mounting against man-made climate change, Waxman believes the American people will “wake up” and ask “how can you deny this?”
But the chances are greater that a new skepticism of science could arise, argues Australian climate scientist Garth Paltridge. He writes that “the average man in the street … is beginning to suspect that it is politics rather than science which is driving the issue,” fretting that this may put an end to the belief in the honesty of science for years to come. Having to dig out from another foot of snow may also be a sign of this challenge to conventional wisdom.

http://patriotpost.us/articles/23292

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »
Just maybe the science is rotten!

Is it a failure to communicate, or faulty climate science?
 Columnists note the gap between science “consensus” and public opinion, but faulty climate science is the issue, not communication. height=458 Photo: Bob Lynch   Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - Climatism:  A Mad, Mad, Mad World  by Steve GorehamCHICAGO, May 29, 2013— Earlier this month, a New York Times article by Andy Revkin voiced concern over a gap between “the consensus” of climate scientists and public acceptance of the theory of human-caused global warming. Revkin pointed to a study published in April by Dr. John Cook and other researchers, which claimed that 97 percent of scientific papers over the last decade “endorsed the consensus” of man-made warming. But is it a failure to communicate the science to the public, or a case of bad science?
A 2010 paper from the Center for Climate Change Communication at George Mason University recommended that advocates for activist climate policies emphasize the dangers to the health of citizens:  “Successfully reframing the climate debate in the United States from one based on environmental values to one based on health values…holds great promise to help American society better understand and appreciate the risks of climate change…” So, if Americans fear for their health, then they’ll more readily accept that humans are causing dangerous climate change?
Climate science has smelled for some time. The 2001 Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) announced “new evidence” claiming that “the increase in temperature in the twentieth century was likely to have been the largest of any century during the past 1,000 years.” This was the famous “Hockey Stick Curve” of Dr. Michael Mann, which became an icon for Climatism, trumpeted to the world and taught in schools across the globe.
But the tree-ring data used by Mann and his research team did not show a temperature rise at the end of the twentieth century, so they pasted the thermometer record for the last 50 years onto the 1,000-year curve to provide the alarming hockey stick temperature rise. Later analysis by Stephen McIntyre and Dr. Ross McKitrick found that the Mann algorithm would also produce a hockey stick from input of random noise. The IPCC dropped the Mann Curve from their 2007 Fourth Assessment Report without any explanation.
Then in November 2009 came Climategate, the release of e-mails from the Climate Research Unit (CRU) at East Anglia University. An unidentified hacker or whistle-blower downloaded more than 1,000 documents and e-mails and posted them on a server in Russia. The CRU is the recognized leading keeper of global temperature data, and CRU scientists wrote and edited the core of the IPCC reports.
The Climategate emails showed CRU practices that were seriously at odds with accepted scientific procedure. Evidence of bias, data manipulation, deliberate deletion of emails to avoid sharing of information, evasion of freedom of information requests, and attempts to subvert the peer-review literature process were all used to further the cause of human-made global warming.
Based on model projections, the IPCC First Assessment Report of 1990 told the world to expect a “best estimate” rise of 0.3oC per decade in global temperatures, leading to 2025 temperatures that would be 1oC higher than 1990 temperatures. The IPCC also projected a “high estimate” and a “low estimate” rise. Today, global temperatures remain well below the IPCC’s low estimate. Contrary to model projections, temperatures have been flat for the last 15 years.
It doesn’t matter if 97 percent or even 100 percent of published papers endorse the consensus of man-made warming. One hundred percent of the world’s top climate models, 44 models in all, projected a rise in global surface temperatures over the last 15 years. And 100 percent of the climate models were wrong. The empirical data does not support the theory of dangerous man-made climate change.
Since global temperatures are not rising, proponents of man-made climate change are now reduced to weather scaremongering. In the best tradition of ambulance chasing, the recent severe tornado in Oklahoma, Hurricane Sandy, and other weather events are blamed on mankind’s relatively small contribution to atmospheric carbon dioxide, a trace gas.
But any citizen who can read can learn that today’s weather is not abnormal. Hurricane Sandy was a Category 1 hurricane that made a direct hit on New York City. But according to the National Climatic Data Center, 170 hurricanes made US landfall during the 20th century. Fifty-nine of these were Category 3 or better, with wind speeds much stronger than those of Sandy. So how is a single Category 1 hurricane “evidence” of dangerous climate change? Historical data also shows that the US experienced more strong tornados in the 1960s and 1970s than today.
The reason for lukewarm public acceptance of the theory of man-made warming is not a failure to communicate, but that the science is rotten.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »
Climate change aside - this is John Kerry. One of the most idiotic, do nothing and irrelevant politicians of our time. Similar to Mondale and Dukakis. A man who got trounced by George Bush. Not the George Bush of 2000. The GB of 2004 that was highly unpopular and considered a bumbling buffoon. Yes. THIS same John Kerry got beat badly by THAT George Bush. No one really gives 2 shits what he says no matter the topic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 02:15:30 PM »
He's got a funny looking head
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:06:08 AM »
I was reminded of you guys this weekend.

I know you hate at least one of these sources which will preclude you from processing anything they say, but what they hell.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Climate change aside - this is John Kerry. One of the most idiotic, do nothing and irrelevant politicians of our time. Similar to Mondale and Dukakis. A man who got trounced by George Bush. Not the George Bush of 2000. The GB of 2004 that was highly unpopular and considered a bumbling buffoon. Yes. THIS same John Kerry got beat badly by THAT George Bush. No one really gives 2 shits what he says no matter the topic.

He got trounced by Karl Rove and the Republicans' wholesale capitulation to the religious right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »
He got trounced by Karl Rove and the Republicans' wholesale capitulation to the religious right.

One of the worst long term investments in the history of politics. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »
One of the worst long term investments in the history of politics.

No doubt. Now if they can't pull their heads out of their asses on immigration, they're going the way of the dodo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »
No doubt. Now if they can't pull their heads out of their asses on immigration, they're going the way of the dodo.
The unwavering anti-science position isn't helping either, but I guess that goes hand in hand with the aforementioned religious right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
The unwavering anti-science position isn't helping either, but I guess that goes hand in hand with the aforementioned religious right.

To be clear - are you saying that if you don't believe in man made global warming climate change you are anti-science? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
they hell.

You left out "bound for"

One is a narcissistic, pompous ass who knows nothing about anything, the other argues against the existence of God. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »
To be clear - are you saying that if you don't believe in man made global warming climate change you are anti-science?

And yet they claim that global warming is not a religion.....

The studies show that 95% agree that the climate is changing, BUT over half do not agree that it is man-made. They always leave that part out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »
To be clear, yes.

If you think that the GOP knows more about climate science than 97.1% of climate scientists, then yes. I am saying you are anti-intellectual and anti science.

Additionally if you believe the earth is 6,000 years old, despite the fact that we know, for sure, that we have rocks and fossils that are billions and billions and billions of years older than that, which can be proven with radiometric and carbon dating...you're anti science.

And if you refuse to understand or believe that humans, and all life for that matter, undergo changes to their brain and body size, locomotion, diet, skeletal structure, and other aspects regarding the way of life throughout their vast histories, and this phenomenon is called evolution and is an actual thing that exists...you're anti-science.

And this is why it's not ok to just say, "Well, that's just, like, your opinion...man..."

Saw this in the news this week and pulled a triple  :facepalm:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/02/16/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/
1 in 4 Americans Apparently Unaware the Earth Orbits the Sun

They must have been sick the day this was taught in school.

Does the Earth go around the sun, or does the sun go around the Earth?

When asked that question, 1 in 4 Americans surveyed answered incorrectly. Yes, 1 in 4. In other words, a quarter of Americans do not understand one of the most fundamental principles of basic science. So that’s where we are as a society right now.

The survey, conducted by the National Science Foundation, included more than 2,200 participants in the U.S., AFP reports. It featured a nine-question quiz about physical and biological science and the average score was a 6.5.

And the fact that only 74 percent of participants knew that the Earth revolved around the sun is perhaps less alarming than the fact that only 48 percent knew that humans evolved from earlier species of animals.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:00:30 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »
To be clear, yes.

If you think that the GOP knows more about climate science than 97.1% of climate scientists, then yes. I am saying you are anti-intellectual and anti science.

Additionally if you believe the earth is 6,000 years old, despite the fact that we know, for sure, that we have rocks and fossils that are billions and billions and billions of years older than that, which can be proven with radiometric and carbon dating...you're anti science.

And if you refuse to understand or believe that humans, and all life, undergo changes to their brain and body size, locomotion, diet, skeletal structure, and other aspects regarding the way of life throughout their vast histories, and this phenomenon is called evolution and is an actual thing that exists...you're anti-science.

And this is why it's not ok to just say, "Well, that's just, like, your opinion...man..."

Saw this news this week and pulled a triple  :facepalm:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/02/16/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/

Guess I'm anti-science.  Weird since I'm a college degreed aerospace engineer designing and analyzing the next generation of manned earth departure vehicles for NASA.  Guess I better go turn in my notice and start doing whatever us non smarty people do who are a drain on American society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
Guess I'm anti-science.  Weird since I'm a college degreed aerospace engineer designing and analyzing the next generation of manned earth departure vehicles for NASA.  Guess I better go turn in my notice and start doing whatever us non smarty people do who are a drain on American society.

You just need to have faith. Chizad does!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »
What do you deny, specifically?

All three things I just said? Just the climate change thing? Elaborate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
We are here:

As Alexis de Tocqueville observed in early America, once an idea is thought to be supported by the majority, the dynamics of what de Tocqueville calls “majority tyranny over thought” ensure that this idea will be very difficult to dislodge. He explains: The more alike men are, the weaker each feels in the face of all. Finding nothing that raises him above their level and distinguishes him, he loses his self-confidence when he comes into collision with them. Not only does he mistrust his own strength, but even comes to doubt his own judgment, and he is brought very near to recognizing that he must be wrong when the majority hold the opposite view. There is no need for the majority to compel him; it convinces him.
For more than 25 years, Climatists have promoted the propaganda of man-made climate change in a shameless attempt to perpetuate Climatism and the madness built upon it, while discouraging most people from questioning it. Most people still lack the knowledge, as well as the inclination, to analyze and then reject the faulty hypothesis of dangerous man-made climate change

http://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/books/item/14398-exposing-the-con-game-of-man-made-climate-change
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions