Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official 2014 NSD Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Official 2014 NSD Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
This is the one thing that I am disappointed in the AU staff about. I think in the future, they will probably allow one coach to show up at one of these functions, wish the birthday person happy birthday and explain that they showed up to respect the invitation but will now be leaving to allow the family to enjoy their party.

I am embarrassed that we participated.
Said it yesterday - would have been fine if Gus had pulled his offer just to make a point that we aren't playing that game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »
Don't let the bama slurping media convince you that today is a fail because one dipshoot asshole acted like a donkey's bleeding rectum and because we didn't pull any extreme long shots.

Tre Williams, Roc Thomas and a bunch of other people who WANT to be Tigers don't deserve that.

I would like to sign up for tweeter just to tell Evans to go fuck himself though.

What this guy said ^^

They want to be here. No need to do a dance off and make our coaches look like fools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »
I don't think today is anywhere close to fail.  Harris was a FSU commit when he visited and we got in on him late.  He wanted/wants to play QB and we told him he could have a shot but were recruiting him as an athlete.   Was going to be hard to flip him when UF also wanted him and had been recruiting him all along.  Godchild was a long shot as well.  He was LSU all the way until the past few days and him going to Ole Miss is a shock.  So much so that his mom, to my knowledge, still hasn't signed his NLI.

Evans was a 50/50.  I think the dad pushed this.  If not, then why invite the bammer coaches to a party on the day of our last visit.  Our "official" visit took place before the party and bammer got the last visit instead.  Was it just me or did momma not look real happy?  This is still a damn good class.  Top 10.  With our coaches, I will take top 10 all day long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2014, 12:32:23 PM »
Don't fool yourself into believing that Evans picking Bama is the end of AU football as we know it. AU football ended with the TJ Yeldon flip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
The Oxford Blur is coming...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
Personally, I think if we've learned anything from all of this, it's that we need to get Gus enrolled for dance lessons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2014, 12:56:32 PM »
Snaggle is this biggest winner...

Not 1 but 2 long snappers..

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/02/auburn_adds_georgia_long_snapp.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
Can't go there.  Dontavius Russell more than makes up for not getting one of those others.  I wanted Evans simply because LB has been the one area that desperately needed upgrading.  But a 300 lb. D-lineman that was fo sho FSU or Bammer. That's a big get.  Unexpected get.
Not a surprise at all. I was mistaken by him not being on Wes's OP, which I thought was everyone we expected to sign that day.

Everything I saw said he was committed since December and never wavered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
Snaggle is this biggest winner...

Not 1 but 2 long snappers..

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/02/auburn_adds_georgia_long_snapp.html

One for each ball that he doesn't have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
Here's where I'm at. Dothan. 

We just added elite talent at QB, RB, WR and a beast on the offensive line.  In a word, we racked up.  Look at last year and Malzahn's history.  This club can and will light up the scoreboard on anyone and everyone.  They played two of the most dominant defenses in the nation last year at the end of the season and went up and down the field.  Statistically, Mizzou was pretty damn good too and you saw how that turned out.  We are just now starting to stockpile talent on offense and look what they were able to do in 2013.  We're basically just getting it cranked up on offense.

The only thing missing from making it to Atlanta year in and year out is a stout defense.  Put even a little bit better D on the field and no "miracle" needed against Georgia.  No 109 yard run back necessary against the turds.  Game would have been in hand.  This staff recognizes this.  They signed one of the best linebackers in the nation and tons of 4* talent at every damn position.  Our D-line is sick.  Who will be the odd men out in the 11-12 man rotation.  While we' can't call this LB crew one of the better ones in the league right now, they finally have numbers, good size and a ton of experience. A lot of returning players in the defensive back field and how many 4* players did they just add? 

I'm telling you, improve this defense and there's not one team in the country I have a problem lining up against and kicking that ass.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
One of the things I really like about this staff is that they do not recruit a lot of "athletes".

The previous staff thought you could get an athlete and you could teach him a position. While that is true of a few athletes, it does not always translate well. We had a WR corps full of athletes, but no WRs. It showed.

This staff recruits for position. I'm sure they think of a secondary option for each player. But mostly, they know what they are getting. 

I find that to be an extremely positive shift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
In all honesty, Evans was the one out of those I thought we had a 50/50 shot at.  I'm stoked like hell about Braden Smith.  The film on that guy is off the charts and the guy pancakes whoever he touches.  6'6" and 285.  You saw his bench.  No need to go there.  Get him on campus and juice...err, feed him up to 305 as a freshman....holy shift.
^^This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
It's amazing how different I see this. I think it's one of the best classes that we've ever signed. As far as needs, better than last year.
and This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Official NSD Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
@JamesCrepea 1m

Auburn has dropped 1 spot in 247Sports rankings to No. 8, still at 10 in Scout, not sure on Rivals since they've crashed.

We are back at #7 on 247Sports & at #9 on Scout
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
I'm eager to see which of these guys will be impact freshmen like Lawson and Adams last year. My early bets are on Tre Williams and Roc. Of course, its a given we will see D Williams catching passes and likely starting but he's a JUCO guy, so I'm expecting he and Moncrief the safety to be in the rotation.

Not sure about corner. We def recruited our need but I'm hopeful someone steps up for early pt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »
Good breakdown on the class

http://www.auburnauthority.com/2014-recruiting-commitments/

Interesting trend. Not one DB signed is below 6' tall!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »

Wow!  If those blurbs are remotely accurate when all is said and done, only 2 or 3 from this class will contribute immediately.  That bodes well for the future...especially in the defensive backfield and wide receiver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »

Ike Powell
 Tift County (Chula, Ga.)
 Long snapper
 Two star
6-foot-3, 225 pounds
 Semper Fidelis All-American was the top ranked snapper at Kohl’s Kicking Camp, Prokicker All-American.
 Was offered a grey shirt but chose to be a preferred walk-on.

:haha: :haha: :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'