Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

At least we have Evans left....

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: At least we have Evans left....
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01:17 PM »
You guys know how to post videos on Facebook?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
You guys know how to post videos on Facebook?
Hey, I noticed it after I posted it. Who reads anything Townhallsavoy puts up anyway? It just adds so much more credibility coming from me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »
Hey, I noticed it after I posted it. Who reads anything Townhallsavoy puts up anyway? It just adds so much more credibility coming from me.

You don't even have a sig quote, mother fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »
I don't think this will happen at either school he chooses. It happens at some places but I don't think Gus or Saban would allow this, no matter how good a kid is.

Mark "My Pinky Toenail Be Hurtin'" Ingram, AJ "It's Not Axe on My Hair, Unless Axe Oozes From My Mom's Diseased Beaver" McCarron, DJ "I Didn't Even Bring My Helmet Because You Said I Was Suspended" Hall, Andre "My Titties Are Bigger Than Heidi Spencer" Smith, Troy "F--- Tha' Police" Brown and a host of other former Tiders all wave at you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
Mark "My Pinky Toenail Be Hurtin'" Ingram, AJ "It's Not Axe on My Hair, Unless Axe Oozes From My Mom's Diseased Beaver" McCarron, DJ "I Didn't Even Bring My Helmet Because You Said I Was Suspended" Hall, Andre "My Titties Are Bigger Than Heidi Spencer" Smith, Troy "F--- Tha' Police" Brown and a host of other former Tiders all wave at you.
I hope you're right. If so, the walls probably really are crumbling. It would be unusual to have sustained success while catering to the prima donnas. I thought that only worked long term in the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »
I hope you're right. If so, the walls probably really are crumbling. It would be unusual to have sustained success while catering to the prima donnas. I thought that only worked long term in the NFL.
Ha shows what you know it's pre-madonna
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2014, 03:09:29 PM »

Doesn't even work in the NFL and yeah, it's cracking. 

I've been around coaches and coaching styles long enough to have a general idea of what works and what doesn't. 

Dictatorial regimes (which Alabama is) tend to do well at first and then crumble over the long term.  It takes a ton of effort and attention to detail to maintain absolute control.  At first it works because you come into a situation where people are desperate enough or hungry enough that they're willing to tolerate whatever you dish out if it changes their circumstances.  If the change doesn't happen immediately, of course everyone thinks you're an ass and you get run quickly.  If you get results, you are hailed as a messiah.  But absolute control is an illusion.  No one can hold that tight to all things for all time.  Eventually you're dealing with a crisis at home and winter  on the Russian front and people start to leave, turn on you, question your decision making. Another aspect of the dictatorial regime is playing favorites.  Dictators always have pets.  This works at first because everybody strives to be a pet.  Over the longer term it builds resentment because the simple fact is that everybody can't be a pet.  And it falls apart.  These can work and work well in the short term, but they can't sustain over the long haul.

At the other end of the spectrum is the short-term buddy, buddy you're my pal coach.  This also works in the short term because players feel empowered, they buy in to the idea that they've got some control and say in their future.  This fails long term because no matter what they think, the monkeys cannot run the zoo.  The coach loses control because he loses respect.  Discipline is arbitrary and again, pets come into play.  Some players are better pals with the coach than others.  Resentment builds.  Chaos ensues.  Usually the staff fractures first, so you can see the tsunami coming. 

The only thing that works long term is a coach who maintains respectful distance from the players, who clearly separates the role of being in charge from being their "friend", who defines his role and the fact that he is responsible for and to them, and makes sure they understand that discipline is his duty.  He has to deal with all players honestly and fairly. Has to establish that the word "fair" does not always mean "equal."  Has to act decisively.  Doesn't ever throw players under the bus to hide his own shortcomings or mistakes. 

Frankly, though, the game-planning and technical skill is less important than the rest.  Doesn't really matter what kind of defense or offense you run, the key is how you handle everything else personnel related. 

All of these personality types have to have a plan. They have to understand how offense and defense works and how to build a program that effectively implements their plans. 

Coaching is a lot like soap.  Hold it too tight (Saban) and it's going to eventually squeeze from your grasp.  Hold it too loosely (Chizik maybe?) and it falls to the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
Not to become buddy-buddy with AJ McCarron, but I have to wonder how much of his recent comments have merit.  He said that the 5 (super) star mentality impacted Alabama's ability to form team chemistry and play unified under their coaches.  I've been wondering how long they can keep signing the nations most coddled ultra-athletes and not be hit with the primadonna bug. 

Guys like Foster and Evans are potential cancers.  I'd prefer to win with a guy like Cass or Tre Williams than with the body ready for the NFL, but maturity not ready for middle school.
Agree.

Like how Tre Mason was. He was our fall back when Isiah Crowell committed to UGA. I think it worked out better for us than UGA. I'm getting more and more where I want solid guys who want to be at Auburn. Period. Crowell was a 5 star #1 recruit btw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
Doesn't even work in the NFL and yeah, it's cracking. 

I've been around coaches and coaching styles long enough to have a general idea of what works and what doesn't. 

Dictatorial regimes (which Alabama is) tend to do well at first and then crumble over the long term.  It takes a ton of effort and attention to detail to maintain absolute control.  At first it works because you come into a situation where people are desperate enough or hungry enough that they're willing to tolerate whatever you dish out if it changes their circumstances.  If the change doesn't happen immediately, of course everyone thinks you're an ass and you get run quickly.  If you get results, you are hailed as a messiah.  But absolute control is an illusion.  No one can hold that tight to all things for all time.  Eventually you're dealing with a crisis at home and winter  on the Russian front and people start to leave, turn on you, question your decision making. Another aspect of the dictatorial regime is playing favorites.  Dictators always have pets.  This works at first because everybody strives to be a pet.  Over the longer term it builds resentment because the simple fact is that everybody can't be a pet.  And it falls apart.  These can work and work well in the short term, but they can't sustain over the long haul.

At the other end of the spectrum is the short-term buddy, buddy you're my pal coach.  This also works in the short term because players feel empowered, they buy in to the idea that they've got some control and say in their future.  This fails long term because no matter what they think, the monkeys cannot run the zoo.  The coach loses control because he loses respect.  Discipline is arbitrary and again, pets come into play.  Some players are better pals with the coach than others.  Resentment builds.  Chaos ensues.  Usually the staff fractures first, so you can see the tsunami coming. 

The only thing that works long term is a coach who maintains respectful distance from the players, who clearly separates the role of being in charge from being their "friend", who defines his role and the fact that he is responsible for and to them, and makes sure they understand that discipline is his duty.  He has to deal with all players honestly and fairly. Has to establish that the word "fair" does not always mean "equal."  Has to act decisively.  Doesn't ever throw players under the bus to hide his own shortcomings or mistakes. 

Frankly, though, the game-planning and technical skill is less important than the rest.  Doesn't really matter what kind of defense or offense you run, the key is how you handle everything else personnel related. 

All of these personality types have to have a plan. They have to understand how offense and defense works and how to build a program that effectively implements their plans. 

Coaching is a lot like soap.  Hold it too tight (Saban) and it's going to eventually squeeze from your grasp.  Hold it too loosely (Chizik maybe?) and it falls to the floor.

Like the .38 special song.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »
Like the .38 special song.

More like a prison shower scene.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
is that not what the song is about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »
Oops I dropped the soap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

noxin

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »

Drop it at Penn State, and you're no longer a tight end
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Drop it at Penn State, and you're no longer a tight end

You might be headed to hell for that one....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

noxin

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
You might be headed to hell for that one....

I have comfort knowing I'll still be able to interact with the members of this site
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
I have comfort knowing I'll still be able to interact with the members of this site

I am pretty sure the X is a Lucifer' bookmark...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »
According to Rivals he's coming here. 

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1604458

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »
According to Rivals he's coming here. 

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1604458

That can't be right.  Not enough mullet A's on that page. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
Just had a meeting with a Bama-loving contractor.  He said "Rashad" Evans has been a bama lock for weeks and has been recruiting behind the scenes for them for quite a while which is gonna lead to some surprises tomorrow. 

That's the consistent story I'm getting from them lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions