« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Re: At least we have Evans left....
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
College football is giving me a sour taste.  I mean, I still want this kid.  I think he can help us win football games.  But this is really getting fucking ridiculous. 

Alabama and Auburn have engaged in some heated recruiting battles throughout the years, but the battle for five-star Rashaan Evans has taken the two coaching staffs to a unusual recruiting battleground: the dance floor.

According to Evans' father, Alan Evans, coaches from both Alabama and Auburn attended the five-star athlete's grandfather's 80th birthday party on Saturday night at a hotel in Auburn along with nearly 200 other friends and family members.

"When we got to the party about eight o'clock it was a packed house at the hotel," Evans told AL.com. "We walked in and the first people we saw was the entire Auburn staff standing there on our left and to my right was Kirby Smart and the Bama staff. I was like 'This has never happened in Auburn before and probably never will again.'  How long did he leave them waiting?

"As we went in, we were pulled left and right all night from Auburn to Bama. The coaches shook hands and talked but you could tell they were there for one thing and one thing only. Then the live band started playing and the Alabama and Auburn coaches hit the dance floor. It was unbelievable. I just couldn't stop laughing."

As the coaches battled for the attention of the family, Evans said family members and friends at the party began to jokingly cheer for either Alabama or Auburn.

"It was like it was a football game but it was being played inside the hotel," Evans said. "Auburn took on Alabama and have to say Auburn stood their ground but Kirby Smart began to take over as the night went on. He was all over the place, talking with everybody he saw. You would have thought he was at home in T-town.

"Gus was obviously attracting a lot of attention as well and had a line of people waiting to take pictures with him all night."

Another member of the Alabama program was also in attendance as Evans' former high school teammate Reuben Foster was a guest at he party as well according to Evans' father.

"Reuben and Rashaan running all over the place together all night," Evans said.[/quote]

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_auburn_coaches_take_to.html#incart_river_default
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
I hope we pull his offer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
I hope we pull his offer.
Can we get the Evans family on a cruise ship?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »
His parents are pieces of shit. They will ruin this kid before its all over with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »
His parents are pieces of shit. They will ruin this kid before its all over with.

Too late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
Skreetz are saying Auburn made an offer to Markell Boston, which would indicate that they've decided to tell Evans to fuck off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »
Skreetz are saying Auburn made an offer to Markell Boston, which would indicate that they've decided to tell Evans to fuck off.

Not to become buddy-buddy with AJ McCarron, but I have to wonder how much of his recent comments have merit.  He said that the 5 (super) star mentality impacted Alabama's ability to form team chemistry and play unified under their coaches.  I've been wondering how long they can keep signing the nations most coddled ultra-athletes and not be hit with the primadonna bug. 

Guys like Foster and Evans are potential cancers.  I'd prefer to win with a guy like Cass or Tre Williams than with the body ready for the NFL, but maturity not ready for middle school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
Not to become buddy-buddy with AJ McCarron, but I have to wonder how much of his recent comments have merit.  He said that the 5 (super) star mentality impacted Alabama's ability to form team chemistry and play unified under their coaches.  I've been wondering how long they can keep signing the nations most coddled ultra-athletes and not be hit with the primadonna bug. 

Guys like Foster and Evans are potential cancers.  I'd prefer to win with a guy like Cass or Tre Williams than with the body ready for the NFL, but maturity not ready for middle school.

And yet if we get him, I'll cheer like hell every time he makes a play.

We are such suckers, as fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »

I have gotten to the point that I hope this is true.  Let Evans and Foster go to turdville and play knockout for some vending machine money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 11:26:35 AM »
Now, now...

I've seen AUFam blasted all over the Intertrons over the last few days for "stalking' Evans and making derogatory tweeters and having mean posts on their site about his performance during this recruiting reality show. 

I've laughed heartily as their "don't ever say anything mean to anyone ever, ever, ever you nasty evil man" persona has blown up in their face and they're being forced to warn their own spike meters and spike their own wieners. 

So we should only speak of rainbows, unicorns and lucky leprechauns when we refer to the Evans family. 

Even if they're requiring grown men to behave like court jesters for their own amusement.  Even if they're adding entire new layers of prima to all the donnas in the world.   Even if they're making Billy Ray Cyrus look like a model of fatherly decorum. Even if they're trying their best to be the "Jeremy" to Rashaan's Justin Beiber.  Even if Joe Jackson is sitting back going "Damn, these people need to stay out they kid's bizness."  Even if Joe Simpson is thinking "I should made those boys have a danceoff!" 

No, we should only be sweetness and light. 

But you should know that he won't come to Auburn.  We don't coddle and create legends of paper tigers.  You actually have to do something and earn your stripes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »

THIS x 1000000.  I wish Coach Gus had done this right there at the party instead of participating in some stupid mockery.  "Good luck, Kirby, he's all yours.  Enjoy dealing with daddy and mommy the next three years.  Y'all can kiss my entire hindquarters.  Auburn is OUT." before hitting the door hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:48 PM »
Coaches should have taken Dismukes with them, he would have told all those assholes to FUCK OFF.
Would have gone down in Tiger history...........Wreck Tech PJ Parade, Punt bama Punt, Kick bama Kick,
the immaculate deflection and FUCK OFF.....classic
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:07:52 PM by oldautiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:12 PM »

Actually, if you believe Jason Caldwell over at scout, he said Friday on the Radio that we offer Boston that means we missed on the other true safety targets (Bonney, Parker and Simmons) and that RE wasn't considered to be a part of that group. 

Don't get me wrong, I would take Evans, but we are still in good shape if we don't get him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
And yet if we get him, I'll cheer like hell every time he makes a play.

We are such suckers, as fans.

Sure.

But if his family does cause problems and turns into a primadonna that negatively affects the team, we'll cheer for him as much as we cheered for Kiehl Frazier. 

If he comes in and plays well and seems to be an Auburn guy, then we'll cheer for him under the assumption that the coaches kicked his and his family's ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »

Mark Murphy now reporting that Boston has committed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
Sure.

But if his family does cause problems and turns into a primadonna that negatively affects the team, we'll cheer for him as much as we cheered for Kiehl Frazier. 

If he comes in and plays well and seems to be an Auburn guy, then we'll cheer for him under the assumption that the coaches kicked his and his family's ass.
I don't think this will happen at either school he chooses. It happens at some places but I don't think Gus or Saban would allow this, no matter how good a kid is.

Personally, I don't think there is necessarily a direct link between Alan's love of the spotlight and his potential meddling in coaching decisions. More likely from someone who would want both coaching staffs at a grandparent's 80th birthday party? Probably. But Gus is too strong of a leader to let it become a problem.

If he comes, he will play for us early and often. If he doesn't, we will still be in very good shape with a top 10 recruiting class and key position needs filled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
I don't think this will happen at either school he chooses. It happens at some places but I don't think Gus or Saban would allow this, no matter how good a kid is.

Personally, I don't think there is necessarily a direct link between Alan's love of the spotlight and his potential meddling in coaching decisions. More likely from someone who would want both coaching staffs at a grandparent's 80th birthday party? Probably. But Gus is too strong of a leader to let it become a problem.

If he comes, he will play for us early and often. If he doesn't, we will still be in very good shape with a top 10 recruiting class and key position needs filled.

^^What WGT said.  I don't see Saban or Gus allowing that to become a problem.  Gus has proven that he will not put up with bullshit and I don't think they would still be pursing Evans as hard as they are or at least have an idea on how to deal with it if he got that vibe at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
Boston is a safety. Evans is not being recruited as a safety. The Boston commitment doesn't have anything to do with Evans.

I still want Evans...I think he could be a hell of a player. If Gus and Co. still want him and are going through whatever to get him...I would like to see him wearing orange and blue. It's not you fucks having to recruit him, so why is everyone so bent out of shape about it? You only know what is being reported in the media...the same fucking media that bad mouths everything Auburn does anyway...

So like I said earlier, get your big girl panties on. If Evans chooses Auburn...great! If not, fuck it. No sense in worrying any more or any less over it than that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2014, 01:55:37 PM »
Alabama, Auburn coaches take to the dance floor during wild recruiting showdown
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_auburn_coaches_take_to.html#incart_most-comments

Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com By  Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 02, 2014 at 10:01 AM, updated February 02, 2014 at 10:24 AM  Alabama and Auburn have engaged in some heated recruiting battles throughout the years, but the battle for five-star Rashaan Evans has taken the two coaching staffs to a unusual recruiting battleground: the dance floor.

According to Evans' father, Alan Evans, coaches from both Alabama and Auburn attended the five-star athlete's grandfather's 80th birthday party on Saturday night at a hotel in Auburn along with nearly 200 other friends and family members.

"When we got to the party about eight o'clock it was a packed house at the hotel," Evans told AL.com. "We walked in and the first people we saw was the entire Auburn staff standing there on our left and to my right was Kirby Smart and the Bama staff. I was like 'This has never happened in Auburn before and probably never will again.'

"As we went in, we were pulled left and right all night from Auburn to Bama. The coaches shook hands and talked but you could tell they were there for one thing and one thing only. Then the live band started playing and the Alabama and Auburn coaches hit the dance floor. It was unbelievable. I just couldn't stop laughing."

As the coaches battled for the attention of the family, Evans said family members and friends at the party began to jokingly cheer for either Alabama or Auburn.

"It was like it was a football game but it was being played inside the hotel," Evans said. "Auburn took on Alabama and have to say Auburn stood their ground but Kirby Smart began to take over as the night went on. He was all over the place, talking with everybody he saw. You would have thought he was at home in T-town.

"Gus was obviously attracting a lot of attention as well and had a line of people waiting to take pictures with him all night."

Another member of the Alabama program was also in attendance as Evans' former high school teammate Reuben Foster was a guest at he party as well according to Evans' father.

"Reuben and Rashaan running all over the place together all night," Evans said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com