Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Birmingham is Closed

Token

Re: Birmingham is Closed
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
Etowah County schools released schools at 12:30, then grounded the busses and told parents their children had to be picked up. Yeah, that didnt contribute to any goddam traffic problems. Fucking morons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
Etowah County schools released schools at 12:30, then grounded the busses and told parents their children had to be picked up. Yeah, that didnt contribute to any goddam traffic problems. Fucking morons.

Same thing happened in Shelby County. 

It's one of the reasons this is such a cluster fuck.  Hey come get your kids, but oh wait.  There's no way for you to get here and you're going to slide into a tree. 

I definitely have a newfound respect for single parents.  My son just finally went to sleep.  The house is a mess.  I've eaten once today.  God damn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »

It's one of the reasons this is such a cluster fuck.  Hey come get your kids, but oh wait.  There's no way for you to get here and you're going to slide into a tree. 

I definitely have a newfound respect for single parents.  My son just finally went to sleep.  The house is a mess.  I've eaten once today.  God damn.

Add St. Clair County to that list.  Got a text at 10:21 that they were closing at noon.  Got another text at 10:45 saying they were wrong, it would be 11:30. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 11:09:14 PM »

My 8 year old goes to gifted classes on Tuesday. I told him not to go today. So when I get the message saying come get my kid, I leave work and drive straight there.  Then I find out he went to gifted class today, and his bus hasn't made it back to school yet....they aren't able to contact driver to find out where bus is exactly because cell phones are all down. So I have no idea where he is for 20 minutes, just know that he is on a bus somewhere on his way back to his school to be released. The bus makes it to a city PD, and luckily one of our deputies are there, so he asked her if she knew his dad. Deputy then called me and told me where he was. So I then had to drive back down a fucking iced over mountain to go get him from a police department. I was pissed....I still am.

Oh, when I asked him why he went to gifted when I told him not to?  School told him he didn't have a choice. Had to go.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:10:59 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 12:11:17 AM »
I used  to play softball with Jim. Dude was very ripped back then. He is no softy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 12:11:37 AM »
Spann only miscalculated the storm by 125 miles no big deal.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 12:18:48 AM »
I spent several hours ferrying children of friends from school to their homes.

Then another couple of hours trying to push/pull/cuss cars up an icy road so they might have a chance to get home to their families. I finally sent them up the left hand side of the median. Cars learned to share one side of a four lane road without hitting each other. Imagine that.

We mostly cleared the parkway. All of this made possible because I have a big ole kiss my ass global warming F250 FX4 Diesel pickup.

I hope tomorrow is much quieter and everybody stays at home. We got about 3-4 inches here in Woodstock, GA. Pretty stuff, but ugly conditions.

And oh yeah. This was all from a "light dusting" also. We still have kids at school tonight too.

Don't blame all of this on Jim Spann. How is he supposed to keep the cows from farting!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:20:46 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »
Well I started sending all of my children home yesterdat at 1200.  They all made it home fine and I left the shop about 1500 after I had accounted for everyone.

Hate it for those that listened to the weather weenie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »
It was a mess. My wife got stuck on on Old Springville along with 100's of other. I drove until the road became a parking lot and proceeded to walk about 2 miles to meet here and the chil'rens and walk back to the car.

I now have my "I walked 5 miles in the snow uphill......" story that I can tell my g-chil'rens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
No horror stories from the Wiregrass.  Light dusting of snow.  A lot of ice but roads are mostly drivable with the exception of bridges and a few other areas.  Just made it to work about 30 minutes ago because I couldn't get my car door open.  Iced shut. 

I wasn't in any hurry, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
My mother-in-law spent the night at her office off 31 in Vestavia Hills.  Her office is on a pretty steep hills and she said that at 10 the road was fine and at 10:15 it had turned into a ski jump.  Her work let out but after watching about 5 cars slide out of control into the highway her coworkers and her decided to ride it out at the office, her boss walked down to a Subway on the highway to buy them all dinner but they were sold out of everything but the veggies.

My father-in-law spent the night at his work at ACIPCO in north Birmingham.  He has a 4X4 but after he drove within sight of 65 he just turned around and went back to the factory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
I'm assuming everything will remain on shutdown today around the state.  It's not getting above 30 here today so the ice will stay.  Fortunately, it's not too bad here.  You can get around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »
I'm assuming everything will remain on shutdown today around the state.  It's not getting above 30 here today so the ice will stay.  Fortunately, it's not too bad here.  You can get around.

I bet you do get around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
I bet you do get around.
He just has to leave a bit more room when he chases those amberlamps, for extra stopping distance
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »
He just has to leave a bit more room when he chases those amberlamps, for extra stopping distance

I'm begging people to drive in this.  Sure, you'll be fine.  As a matter of fact, the roads are easier to navigate if you speed up a little.  You get through the ice quicker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »
I'm begging people to drive in this.  Sure, you'll be fine.  As a matter of fact, the roads are easier to navigate if you speed up a little.  You get through the ice quicker.

And it's even better if you slam on your brakes every 10 seconds or so to make sure they still work...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 12:09:52 PM »
Atlanta is closed too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »
It was so damn sunny here and I forgot my sunglasses, then the car got hot and I had to turn on the AC so I wouldn't sweat.  Almost hit an old lady with a walker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
Oh, when I asked him why he went to gifted when I told him not to?  School told him he didn't have a choice. Had to go.

Maybe he's not so gifted after all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum