Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Birmingham is Closed

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Birmingham is Closed
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
I'm sure you wouldn't mind if one of those towed cars just so happened to be yours.

That's really irrelevant. It's not the state taxpayers' fight. Now if the state is suing to mayor to recoup that money, then right on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I'm sure you wouldn't mind if one of those towed cars just so happened to be yours.

The problem is 99.999999% with the Mayor of Leeds from what I can see.  The surrounding communities listened to Governor Pimple Popper MD and either used their own crews if possible or contracted with local towing companies themselves knowing that they would be reimbursed from the State.  This guy said fuck it, I don't want to fool with any of it.  I'll just call my cousin over at the local garage and tell him to start getting their cars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
The problem is 99.999999% with the Mayor of Leeds from what I can see.  The surrounding communities listened to Governor Pimple Popper MD and either used their own crews if possible or contracted with local towing companies themselves knowing that they would be reimbursed from the State.  This guy said fudge it, I don't want to fool with any of it.  I'll just call my cousin over at the local garage and tell him to start getting their cars.
Cooter has to make a living too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
FWIW...Birmingham is open for bidness today. Well, except for the County Commissioners and their staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »
Pretty cool pic of the ham from above

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
FWIW...Birmingham is open for bidness today. Well, except for the County Commissioners and their staff.

Depends on what bidness you be doing.

UAB (school, not hospital), Samford, and Miles are closed.  All federal, circuit, district, and probate courts in Jefferson County are closed.  Regions bank branches in metro Birmingham are closed.

I-65 is pretty much clear, as are most highways...I think there are some problem areas on 31 near Valleydale, and I-20 east toward Irondale and Leeds sounds like it's still fucked.  Various streets in downtown Birmingham are still "problem areas" according to BPD, including around Vulcan/5 Points.

In other news, my anus is open for business, as always.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »
Depends on what bidness you be doing.

UAB (school, not hospital), Samford, and Miles are closed.  All federal, circuit, district, and probate courts in Jefferson County are closed.  Regions bank branches in metro Birmingham are closed.

I-65 is pretty much clear, as are most highways...I think there are some problem areas on 31 near Valleydale, and I-20 east toward Irondale and Leeds sounds like it's still fucked.  Various streets in downtown Birmingham are still "problem areas" according to BPD, including around Vulcan/5 Points.

In other news, my anus is open for business, as always.

I am sitting at my desk in downtown Birmingham so it is open for bidness. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »
Everything is thawing out down here.  Just got back from lunch and running a couple of errands.  I think it's more dangerous now.  Large chunks of ice falling from trees, power lines etc.  Just before I got back to the orifice, a mammoth tree limb fell in a yard just as I was passing by.  I was ready to get inside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2014, 04:04:06 PM »
Everything is thawing out down here.  Just got back from lunch and running a couple of errands.  I think it's more dangerous now.  Large chunks of ice falling from trees, power lines etc.  Just before I got back to the orifice, a mammoth tree limb fell in a yard just as I was passing by.  I was ready to get inside.

The feeling is starting to come back in my dicth.   :tongue:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
Pretty cool pic of the ham from above

Didn't realize B-ham had that much white in it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2014, 06:41:35 PM »
It ain't over 'til it's over.

A winter storm is possible Tuesday - Wednesday next week and parts of our region will likely be impacted by it.  However, whether we see mainly rain, ice or snow remains to be seen.   

Be sure to join Marc for the very latest on what to expect starting on WDRB News at 4.

Meteorologist Jeremy Kappell

http://www.fox41blogs.typepad.com/wdrb_weather/2014/01/models-in-better-agreement-concerning-potential-winter-storm-next-week.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »
Didn't realize B-ham had that much white in it.
That white will soon leave too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2014, 08:39:45 PM »
The problem is 99.999999% with the Mayor of Leeds from what I can see.  The surrounding communities listened to Governor Pimple Popper MD and either used their own crews if possible or contracted with local towing companies themselves knowing that they would be reimbursed from the State.  This guy said fuck it, I don't want to fool with any of it.  I'll just call my cousin over at the local garage and tell him to start getting their cars.

Yeah, I knew all of that but I get tired of bottomfeeders conspiracy mindset bs sometimes.

As for the Mayor of Leeds, he is a douchbag. What comes around, goes around. I hope he wasn't planning on getting re-elected. These people that had to leave their cars stranded I'm sure would have rather drove their shit home than walked in the cold ass snow for who knows how far to get home.

Blame it on James Spann.  #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
This!

He sent the cops out to bring stranded motorists to the warming center set up at the civic center, then dispatched his cousin's towing company to pull the cars to the impound lot. Cousin Murray then socked the driver with anywhere from a $140 to $175 towing charge plus another $35 impound fee.

That's some Boss Hogg/Roscoe P. Coultrane kind of fuckery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »
This!

He sent the cops out to bring stranded motorists to the warming center set up at the civic center, then dispatched his cousin's towing company to pull the cars to the impound lot. Cousin Murray then socked the driver with anywhere from a $140 to $175 towing charge plus another $35 impound fee.

That's some Boss Hogg/Roscoe P. Coultrane kind of fuckery.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2014, 12:27:35 PM »
I was ready this time around...made it in to work with no problems today.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
I was ready this time around...made it in to work with no problems today.

Thanks for the fuck shack - Dirty mike and the boys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
Thanks for the fuck shack - Dirty mike and the boys

I'm like a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »
I'm like a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Let's just settle this, peacocks don't fly!  Do me a favor...don't go chasin waterfalls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
Let's just settle this, peacocks don't fly!  Do me a favor...don't go chasin waterfalls

That didn't turn out like you planned did it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions