Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oh the Irony

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Oh the Irony
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Feel free to buy all the carbon offsets that you'd like to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »
Maybe if I put it in graph form it would sink in.

In don't care if you draw it in good leaf and project it onto a dinosaur's ass. It's still a fraud. Not close to true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
In don't care if you draw it in good leaf and project it onto a dinosaur's ass. It's still a fraud. Not close to true.
That Popular Science is so full of shit, man.

I mean, I don't even try to offer up any data to the contrary, but that data there is counter to my set-in-fucking-stone, mule-stubborn worldview, so it's gotta be bullshit.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/infographic-scientists-who-doubt-human-caused-climate-change

Here's what the graph looked like pre-2012. It was much less conclusive in those salad days.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 09:00:58 AM »
This Forbes article from two years ago tells me everything I need to know for now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »
This Forbes article from two years ago tells me everything I need to know for now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/

Since that doesn't have a graph with made up numbers how can you possibly believe it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »

He went to a conference sponsored by an organization hell-bent on ending all government regulations concerning the environment.  Of course he came away with the conclusion that global warming is false. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 12:56:33 PM »
He went to a conference sponsored by an organization hell-bent on ending all government regulations concerning the environment.  Of course he came away with the conclusion that global warming is false.

Red Herring. 
Doesn't make the data any less significant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »
Red Herring. 
Doesn't make the data any less significant.

What data?

It's not like Forbes is a peer-reviewed journal.  He merely gave an overview of some speakers at the conference who stated that the planet was in a cooling trend.  There was no comparison to the pro-climate change scientists.  There was no analysis of the two sides methods of experimentation and their methods to reach their conclusions, nor was there anything mentioned about the validity or invalidity of either sides claims. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
At a certain point, I just feel bad for people that absolutely dog-headedly refuse to believe in facts.

You might as well believe that gravity is bullshit because science don't know shit and scientists used to think the world was flat (by the way, they didn't). If you want to keep thinking that way, for whatever extremely biased reason, then go right ahead. You look stupid to any educated person. Call that snobby. Call that elitist. Call that intolerant of your "views". It's fact. It's scientific fact. It's not up for debate unless photosynthesis and nuclear fission are up for debate as well.

If the numbers in the charts, of peer-reviewed scientific climate articles vs. the number that rejected climate change, are "made up", then show me one source that lists different numbers. You can't. Because the facts don't match your predetermined bias, and therefore no new data can enter your skull.

Keep believing in unicorns if it makes you feel better politically.

We've been over this before, but I'm frankly astonished by it. Is it a refusal to admit prior held beliefs that are now proven wrong? Is it a religious thing? If science has legitimacy then things like virgin births and talking serpents and other impossibilities of the physical world have to be examined? Is science a threat to that? I really don't get it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »
Here fishy fishy fishy fishy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
At a certain point, I just feel bad for people that absolutely dog-headedly refuse to believe in facts.

You might as well believe that gravity is bullshoot because science don't know shoot and scientists used to think the world was flat (by the way, they didn't). If you want to keep thinking that way, for whatever extremely biased reason, then go right ahead. You look stupid to any educated person. Call that snobby. Call that elitist. Call that intolerant of your "views". It's fact. It's scientific fact. It's not up for debate unless photosynthesis and nuclear fission are up for debate as well.

If the numbers in the charts, of peer-reviewed scientific climate articles vs. the number that rejected climate change, are "made up", then show me one source that lists different numbers. You can't. Because the facts don't match your predetermined bias, and therefore no new data can enter your skull.

Keep believing in unicorns if it makes you feel better politically.

We've been over this before, but I'm frankly astonished by it. Is it a refusal to admit prior held beliefs that are now proven wrong? Is it a religious thing? If science has legitimacy then things like virgin births and talking serpents and other impossibilities of the physical world have to be examined? Is science a threat to that? I really don't get it.

And all you alarmists with your "facts" -- which by the way have changed multiple times over the last 40 years -- look like idiotic chicken littles running around shouting that the sky is falling.

If you can't see that this entire farce is created by people who have to justify their existence AND FUNDING in concert with government that wants even more control over every aspect of your life then I pity future generations.

Be a bleating sheep if you want.  Baaaa along with the warming warnings today just as you bleated along with the global freezing warnings of the 70s.   Keep on sheeping on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 02:31:20 PM »
If you can't see that this entire farce is created by people who have to justify their existence AND FUNDING in concert with government that wants even more control over every aspect of your life then I pity future generations.
Yes. It makes more sense that the liberal politicians have something financially to gain by agreeing with 99.99% of scientists (Fact: 9135 out of 9136; refer to the graph), but the corporations fighting against any environmental regulation whatsoever specifically because of its effect on their bottom line, and the political party aligned with those interests, have nothing to gain whatsoever, 'scept'n to edumacate.

Be a bleating sheep if you want.  Baaaa along with the warming warnings today just as you bleated along with the global freezing warnings of the 70s.   Keep on sheeping on.
You know better. I know you do. You know that warming and cooling both are a part of climate change. You've seen the meteorological data that explains this as clearly and succinctly as possible. You know that nothing about extreme colds and extreme warms is in any way, shape, or form contradictory to climate change theories. But you'll keep barking it hoping others are dumb enough to accept the obvious oversimplification. What do you stand to gain from spreading ignorance?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:32:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
Yes. It makes more sense that the liberal politicians have something financially to gain by agreeing with 99.99% of scientists (Fact: 9135 out of 9136; refer to the graph), but the corporations fighting against any environmental regulation whatsoever specifically because of its effect on their bottom line, and the political party aligned with those interests, have nothing to gain whatsoever, 'scept'n to edumacate.
You know better. I know you do. You know that warming and cooling both are a part of climate change. You've seen the meteorological data that explains this as clearly and succinctly as possible. You know that nothing about extreme colds and extreme warms is in any way, shape, or form contradictory to climate change theories. But you'll keep barking it hoping others are dumb enough to accept the obvious oversimplification. What do you stand to gain from spreading ignorance?

When you're 50 and they're bellowing about the migration of wolverines as possibly destroying the natural food chain and sending the US economy into a death spiral .... And when you've seen "scientific" scare after scare used to justify spending money on research and ceding power to governmental regulation you'll understand. 

We're all gonna freeze! African bees are gonna take over the US!! Swine flu OMG! Pollution gonna cause the world to descend into an ice age!!!! Oil is going to run out!!! The Russians are going to bomb us!! The sun is going to burn out!!!!!  OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!  The climate is CHANGING!!

No shit, Sherlock. It changes across the centuries. It warms and it cools.  It will continue on the same path for eons after you are gone.  You're being trapped by your own narcissism. The misguided belief that you are so important that what you do impacts the universe. 

It doesn't. You're a speck. So are we all. Individually and collectively.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
We're all gonna freeze! African bees are gonna take over the US!! Swine flu OMG! Pollution gonna cause the world to descend into an ice age!!!! Oil is going to run out!!! The Russians are going to bomb us!! The sun is going to burn out!!!!!  OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!  The climate is CHANGING!!
I was not aware of any of this. Fuck it, I am not going to work tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »
I was not aware of any of this. Fuck it, I am not going to work tomorrow.

Wait...you people work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »
Wait...you people work?
My hoes do,you racist stereotyper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
When you're 50 and they're bellowing about the migration of wolverines as possibly destroying the natural food chain and sending the US economy into a death spiral .... And when you've seen "scientific" scare after scare used to justify spending money on research and ceding power to governmental regulation you'll understand. 

No shit, Sherlock. It changes across the centuries. It warms and it cools.  It will continue on the same path for eons after you are gone.  You're being trapped by your own narcissism. The misguided belief that you are so important that what you do impacts the universe. 

Very well put. The shit our youth have been fed is pathetic. They seem to have no way of putting any of it in perspective. It's all "OMG. OMG, OMG" 24/7.

Sit back. Relax. Let the play finish. You are only in the early acts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 07:20:10 AM »

Hogwash

It's not possibly for the earth to do any of this on it's on. Nature is weak and needs man to function. We also created floods, hurricanes and volcanos 1000 years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
You guys have artificially attached the hysteria to my position.

I can agree with the group that there may be exaggeration for how urgent a crisis climate change is, or how much our lives should be affected trying to do something about it.

Where we diverge is you refusing to acknowledge a scientific fact. I don't.

It's very different to say "The earth orbits the sun as it rotates on its axis" and "OMG!!! Earth's gonna spiral into the sun!!!"

I'm saying the former. The fact. It is ignorant to try to debate a solid scientific fact. The appropriate reaction to that fact is another story entirely, and one perhaps we could agree on, if you would just acknowledge the reality that is anthropomorphic climate change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:08 AM »
if you would just acknowledge the reality that is anthropomorphic climate change.

No.  It's more fun to hear the arguing.

Dance monkey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions