CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Oh the Irony
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 12:14:32 AM »
Natural.

Normal.

Cyclical.

Period.

Not really. They have already studied it. You know what their conclusion was.

WE NEED MORE FREAKING MONEY.

So they can study how to get MORE FREAKING MONEY.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »
Not really. They have already studied it. You know what their conclusion was.

WE NEED MORE FREAKING MONEY.

So they can study how to get MORE FREAKING MONEY.

Wasting your time.  Some people are so blinded by their need to appear intellectually superior that they continually change the argument to meet their needs.

It's the height of arrogance -- and coincidentally the same tactic employed by the assclowns like Al Gore -- to proclaim that anyone who doesn't share their erroneous opinion is an illiterate, uneducated rube. That's how they draw "peers" into the web. "Accept this fraudulent position or you will be professionally scorned."  It's how they snow (pun intended) the public.

It's easy to create a bogus philosophy when every event is artificially used to reinforce it.

Watch and learn:

The ACC is the strongest conference in college football.

Why?

Two teams won bowl games toward the end of bowl season.
But eight other teams lost.
Proves the strength of the league schedule. There was parity. And those teams were all matched against top teams from other divisions.
But the league was about .500 overall.
Right. Beating up on each other.
But FSU beat Clemson by 40.
Right. It was an anomaly. Lee Corso predicted a close game. Do you want to be aligned with Corso?
Any team in the ACC can suddenly become a major power for a day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
Guess this guy just said, fuck it, I'm not gonna just sit here and freeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
Natural.

Normal.

Cyclical.

Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
Wasting your time.  Some people are so blinded by their need to appear intellectually superior that they continually change the argument to meet their needs.

It's the height of arrogance -- and coincidentally the same tactic employed by the assclowns like Al Gore -- to proclaim that anyone who doesn't share their erroneous opinion is an illiterate, uneducated rube. That's how they draw "peers" into the web. "Accept this fraudulent position or you will be professionally scorned."  It's how they snow (pun intended) the public.

It's easy to create a bogus philosophy when every event is artificially used to reinforce it.
How is it artificial? I'm sorry if I "appear intellectually superior" because I can understand a very simple meteorological concept that can clearly and easily be explained in a 7 minute YouTube video.

Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around you personally, and there is more than one climate on Earth. We, the Southern United States, i.e. "you" are experiencing unseasonable, unnatural, and certainly not "normal" extreme colds BECAUSE the temperatures in higher latitudes are unseasonably, unnaturally, and certainly not "normally" warmer, which is slowing down the jet stream and causing these polar vortexes. It's not inconsistent. It is scientific. If it weren't consistent then scientists, who don't think the way you do with bullheaded certainty, would not be virtually unanimous in recognizing the consistency.

To put it in kindergarten terms, if you put water in a bucket and swung it around, the water wouldn't leak, because the centrifugal force would keep it in the bucket. If you slowed down the speed in which you swung the bucket enough, the water would start to leak out. Science has proven that the jet streams are propelled by the drastic difference in temperatures. Science has proven that the arctic region is getting warmer due to melting ice caps. Science has proven that this slows down the jet stream. Science has proven that this causes the stream to "wobble" per se, and dip considerably further south.

Hence the extreme cold. So yes, you sound like a fucking idiot when you say "Global warming my ass". Because they are absolutely directly related. It's not a difficult concept at all if you allow any information permeate your skull for one second.

Serious question. There are three possibilities.

1) You didn't read any of the links or watch the video, or even read anything I've said on the subject whatsoever.
2) You read it, but the simple 5th grade-science-class level concept is too much for you to grasp.
3) You so distrust science that you choose to not believe ANY conclusions drawn from scientific methods. You don't believe in jet streams, how they're formed, or what causes their deviated paths.

Which is it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:11:22 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
So 490 years ago it never snowed or got this cold "in the south"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »
How is it artificial? I'm sorry if I "appear intellectually superior" because I can understand a very simple meteorological concept that can easily clearly and easily be explained in a 7 minute YouTube video.

Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around you personally, and there is more than one climate on Earth. We, the Southern United States, i.e. "you" are experiencing unseasonable, unnatural, and certainly not "normal" extreme colds BECAUSE the temperatures in higher latitudes are unseasonably, unnaturally, and certainly not "normally" warmer, which is slowing down the jet stream and causing these polar vortexes. It's not inconsistent. It is scientific. If it weren't consistent then scientists, who don't think the way you do with bullheaded certainty, would not be virtually unanimous in recognizing the consistency.

To put it in kindergarten terms, if you put water in a bucket and swung it around, the water wouldn't leak, because the centrifugal force would keep it in the bucket. If you slowed down the speed in which you swung the bucket enough, the water would start to leak out. Science has proven that the jet streams are propelled by the drastic difference in temperatures. Science has proven that the arctic region is getting warmer due to melting ice caps. Science has proven that this slows down the jet stream. Science has proven that this causes the stream to "wobble" per se, and dip considerably further south.

Hence the extreme cold. So yes, you sound like a fudgeing idiot when you say "Global warming my ass". Because they are absolutely directly related. It's not a difficult concept at all if you allow any information permeate your skull for one second.

1) You didn't read any of the links or watch the video, or even anything I've said on the subject whatsoever.
2) You read it, but the simple 5th grade-science-class level concept is too much for you to grasp.
3) You so distrust science that you choose to not believe ANY conclusions drawn from scientific methods. You don't believe in jet streams, how they're formed, or what causes their deviated paths.

Which is it?
I would say C.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »
I like The Big Bang Theory
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:42 PM »
How is it artificial? I'm sorry if I "appear intellectually superior" because I can understand a very simple meteorological concept that can clearly and easily be explained in a 7 minute YouTube video.

Hence the extreme cold. So yes, you sound like a fudgeing idiot when you say "Global warming my ass". Because they are absolutely directly related. It's not a difficult concept at all if you allow any information permeate your skull for one second.

1) You didn't read any of the links or watch the video, or even read anything I've said on the subject whatsoever.

Which is it?

D.
It's all made up to justify studies, funding and global governmental control.

Ten years from now when this entire fraud is completely debunked -- as the ice age scare of the 70s thoroughly was -- there will be a new scare from these same think tanks, left-leaning big government wackos, and scientists who've taken the same data and concocted a completely new theory as to what it means.  And it will -- again -- be a doomsday scenario "unless we do something different". What that something different turns out to be depends on whose money they want to steal away.

Cyclical. It's a funny little word yet so very hard for you to grasp.

What's happening now has happened before and will happen again. Climate changes. How else do you explain fossilized shark remains in river banks in Walker County?  Things will get hotter. Things will get cooler. Things will change.

These "scientists" are driven by their own hubris and they tap into yours -- we are so important we can change the entire world!!  We can alter the climate!!! We can control it!!!

Horse manure.  They take natural occurrences that have been naturally occurring for MILLIONS of years and ascribe their own batshit theories to them in order to arrive a a conclusion that keeps them employed and funded. 

Climate changes. It's called Mother Nature.  Shut up and enjoy her show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
Still.

Worthy.

Of.

Being.

Studied.

With.

Studies.

That.

Are.

Funded.

And.

Overseen.

By.

Reputable.

Scientists.

In.

Order.

To.

Help.

Prepare.

For.

The consequences of climate change.  Tornadoes are natural.  I'm sure you're happy and supportive of the technology that helps tell you to get into a shelter prior to it blowing over your house.  Hurricanes are natural.  Normal.  Cyclical.  I'm sure you're glad that we understand them well enough to know when we need to evacuate.

There is your problem. No neutral parties where money is involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
No need to argue any more.  I saw a clip from the SOTU the other night and Barack told us Climate Change was a fact.

Argument over
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
No need to argue any more.  I saw a clip from the SOTU the other night and Barack told us Climate Change was a fact.

Argument over

That's where they get you.  When they realized "global warming" was a complete and total farce, they changed tactics.  Started talking about "climate change" so that ANY difference in weather patterns -- colder, hotter, drier, wetter, calmer, stormier, windier, muggier, cloudier, sunnier, whatever -- would trigger hand-wringing and pleas for funding to study what effect the climate change has on the world.

Guess what? Climate change has been NATURALLY OCCURRING for millions (if not billions) of years.  It changes.  It will ALWAYS change. 

It's not because too many cows fart, because I drive ten miles to the store instead of getting a farting horse to ride, because dinosaurs farted, because people burn wood in their fireplaces, because people burn coal in their stoves, because people use hairspray on their hair, because people use gas ovens to execute other people or anything like that. 

Climate change occurs.  You bet it does.  It's going to keep on changing well after we are all dead and gone from here. 

The only thing that has any impact on it at all is all the hot air coming from Al Gore's green legion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »
Global Warming...er...Climate Change is and always has been about one thing - wealth redistribution.  All of the communists from eras gone by didn't just disappear.  They hitched their wagon to the religion that is environmentalism.  What better way to punish those evil capitalist pigs than to shut them down?  And what easier way to do it with the support of the dumb masses for the sake of good ol' Mother Earth?  Case in point, just look at what's happened to the coal industry under our current administration.     

If Al Gore really believed the crap he is spewing he'd be living in a carbon-neutral adobe hut and driving a Prius.  He stated just 6 or 7 years ago that by 2013 the Arctic would be "ice free," and instead ice cover has expanded by 50%.  As has already been mentioned - all of the scientists sit at the government feeding trough looking for more grant money so they can continue to study global warming...er...climate change.  What do you think they are going to find?  If I was receiving $100,000 a year to study whether earthworms were the cause of sinkholes in Florida you better believe I'm going to do everything possible to tie the two together to keep the paychecks coming.   

Look, nobody is saying that we shouldn't take good care of the earth.  No one is saying that you ought to be out there dumping used motor oil into rivers and radioactive waste into landfills.  People here are actually agreeing that the climate is changing, as it has since the beginning of time. 

However, let's call a spade a spade.  The UN Climate Chief recently did:

UN climate chief: Communism is best to fight global warming
1/15/2014

United Nations climate chief Christiana Figueres said that democracy is a poor political system for fighting global warming. Communist China, she says, is the best model.

China may be the world’s top emitter of carbon dioxide and struggling with major pollution problems of their own, but the country is “doing it right” when it comes to fighting global warming says Figueres.

“They actually want to breathe air that they don’t have to look at,” she said. “They’re not doing this because they want to save the planet. They’re doing it because it’s in their national interest.”

Figueres added that the deep partisan divide in the U.S. Congress is “very detrimental” to passing any sort of legislation to fight global warming. The Chinese Communist Party, on the other hand, can push key policies and reforms all on its own. The country’s national legislature largely enforces the decisions made by the party’s Central Committee and other executive offices.

Communism was responsible for the deaths of about 94 million people in China, the Soviet Union, North Korea, Afghanistan and Eastern Europe in the 20th Century. China alone was responsible for 65 million of those deaths under communist rule.

Environmentalists often hail China as a model for fighting global warming, since they are a “leader” in renewable energy. The country set a goal of getting 15 percent of its power from renewable sources by 2020. In 2012, China got 9 percent of its power from renewables — the U.S. by contrast got 11 percent in 2012.

However, the country still gets 90 percent of its power from fossil fuels, mostly from coal. In fact, Chinese coal demand is expected to explode as the country continues to develop. China has approved 100 million metric tons of new coal production capacity in 2013 as part of the government’s plan to bring 860 million metric tons of coal production online by 2015.

China has publicly made big efforts to clean up its environment. The country’s booming industrial apparatus has caused so much pollution that the skies have been darkened over major cities and the air quality has heavily deteriorated.

The Wall Street Journal notes that China’s air quality was so bad that about “1.2 million people died prematurely in China in 2010 as a result of air pollution” and Chinese government figures show that “lung cancer is now the leading cause of death from malignant tumors. Many of those dying are nonsmokers.”

The Soviet bloc’s environmental track record was similarly dismal.

The Communist Party’s National Action Plan spent $275 billion to combat rampant pollution through 2017, including reducing particulate matter 2.5 levels in the Beijing region by 25 percent.

Link
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »
The site below cites some data from NOAA, and has some pretty good information.  I don't know anything about Plantseed, but the information that they give is a pretty good sample size.....the past 425,000 years.  I think part of the problem with some data that you see is they look at the past 50-70 years.  In the grand scheme of things, that isn't shit. 

http://www.planetseed.com/relatedarticle/co2-and-temperature-change
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
Global Warming strikes again.  from teh foxnews. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Hell may not freeze over, but experts say Lake Superior could this winter, for the first time this century.

The world's largest freshwater lake was 87.1 percent iced over as of Tuesday, and could soon be virtually covered, thanks to an unrelenting winter in which the mercury has fallen even harder than snow, leaving ice several feet thick in some areas.

"It'll approach 100 percent, but it'll never quite get there," said Steve Colman, director of University of Minnesota's Large Lakes Observatory in Duluth, Minn. "And it doesn't do that very often."

Colman told FoxNews.com that the region has been "locked into" a brutal cold snap, setting an all-time record for consecutive days below zero. In a typical winter, just 30 percent of the massive lake freezes over, though the icing can range greatly from year to year. Due to smaller pockets of open water, the entire lake is not expected to completely freeze over, he said.

“It’s probably been the toughest winter we’ve had in about 24 years.”

- Robert Lewis-Manning, Canadian Shipowners’ Association

Some 94.7 percent of Lake Superior froze over in 1979, effectively a complete icing. Professor Jay Austin, also of the University of Minnesota's Large Lakes Observatory, said he expects ice coverage to exceed the 20-year-record of 91 percent on the 31,700-square-mile lake before spring. The average thickness of the ice covering Lake Superior is already 10 inches, according to the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.

Austin said once the water freezes over, it could stay cold well into summer.

“Typically, the lake will start warming up in late June, but it will be August before we see that this year,” Jay Austin told CNSNews.com, adding that the “extraordinary cold” has led to ice several feet thick in some parts of the lake.

The all-time record for ice coverage of all the Great Lakes is 94.7 percent in 1979. But Lake Superior, the biggest of the five, is typically the last to ice over. In 1994, the last time it came close, 91 percent of its surface iced over. Lake Erie, conversely, is the shallowest of the lakes and freezes nearly every year.

"It certainly has been a while since we've seen this much ice this early," George Leshkevich, of NOAA's Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Forecasters noted that Duluth, Minn., recently experienced 23 consecutive days of subzero temperatures, besting the previous all-time record of 22 days set in 1936 and 1963, according to the National Weather Service.

The Coast Guard is mandated to keep shipping lanes on the Great Lakes open during the 42-week shipping season, which ended last month. This year, the Coast Guard's Great Lakes ice breaker, Mackinaw, worked overtime to cut through the ice for some 57 U.S.-flag vessels that ply the Great Lakes, laden with raw materials such as iron ore and fluxstone for the steel industry, limestone and cement for the construction industry, coal for power generation, as well as salt, sand and grain.

The vessels transport more than 115 million tons of cargo per year, sustain more than 103,000 jobs and have an economic impact of more than $20 billion, according to the Lake Carriers Association.

“It’s probably been the toughest winter we’ve had in about 24 years,” Robert Lewis-Manning, president of the Canadian Shipowners’ Association, recently told Global News. “I think the speed at which the lakes froze this year, and not just the lakes but right up to the St. Lawrence River…was very, very early.”

The shipping season is due to resume in early March.

Meanwhile, across the South on Wednesday, residents awoke to a region encased in ice, snow and freezing rain, as forecasters warned that the worst of a potentially “catastrophic” storm was yet to come. From Texas to the Carolinas to Atlanta, roads were slick with ice, thousands remained without power, and a wintry mix fell in many areas. The Mid-Atlantic region also was expected to be hit as the storm crawled east. Forecasters in several states used unusually dire language in warnings, saying the biggest concern is widespread ice, which could knock out power for days in wide areas.

On the flip side, the lowest ice accumulation across the Great Lakes occurred in 2002, when just 9.5 percent of the surface froze solid.

FoxNews.com's Joshua Rhett Miller and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions