Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Apparently, Auburn's Fall Camp is really UFC training...

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Apparently, Auburn's Fall Camp is really UFC training...
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
There was another damn fight at Practice this morning...This is getting old...quick.  We are going to have hurt players.  Tuberville did not react very kindly to this one...

Practice Eleven (8/12)
Hey everyone. Let's get to business.

Here's what You Need To Know:

A pretty serious fight broke out today during the pass-rush drill. The initial participants were RT Ryan Pugh and DE Antonio Coleman. They started going at it. Then several other players, most notably LT Lee Ziemba, piled on. The fracas ended with Coleman et al. crashing into a water-cooler. Coach Tommy Tuberville, in a rare show of anger at practice, raced over to the scene and began yelling at players to stop.

Coleman stayed down for a few minutes. He later participated in full-contact drills, so I'm guessing he's fine. I'll be writing about this in Wednesday's editions.

The offensive line didn't have a good day in pass rush. Freshman DE Jomarcus Savage began the drill by bull rushing Ziemba into the quarterback. Pugh, LG Tyronne Green and OT Mike Berry were at least adequate. Hugh Nall was highly dissatisfied.

C Jason Bosley was back today. He didn't participate in the pass-rush drill, but he was out there for all of the 11-on-11 stuff.

Practice was supposed to start at 3 p.m. Bosley said he was in treatment at 7:30 a.m. when a trainer casually mentioned that practice had been shifted to the morning. Bosley said that mental adjustment provides a major obstacle for many younger players ... and may help explain some of the sluggish play.

DE Michael Goggans was forceful during the 11-on-11s. He wasn't affected by the schedule change.

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/

What the fuck, please explain.  I know it is common to have fights during football practice, but this seems like it is getting ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Apparently, Auburn's Fall Camp is really UFC training...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »

This is Pugh and Coleman seconds before the fight began. Notice that Coleman's right hand is up near Pugh's throat. Pugh told Hugh Nall that he started the fight because Coleman kept hitting him in the throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »
And Wow...read what Jay Tate wrote in response to my question...

AWK said...
Jay, What do you make of this fight? I know firsthand that fights are very common throughout football practice, but it seems this has been a growing trend. Tuberville's reaction especially shows some concern/anger towards the situation. What sort of firsthand feelings did you get from the situation?

2:07 PM

Jay G. Tate said...
To his credit, Tuberville was yelling like a mad man there for a minute. That may be the first time I've ever seen that from him in practice.

The problem in this case wasn't the fight. The problem was players jumping into the fray once Coleman and Pugh began to tango.

It happened maybe five feet from me. I had to dodge it. I just know that a huge mass of people -- players, trainers and at least one coach -- crashed into the water cooler. A lot of those people were trying to calm the situation. Some weren't.

If it's just one-on-one, it's not a big deal.

2:16 PM

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=23235343&postID=7844307012925798144

He does not sound very pleased at all, and it appears as if it was like a fucking stupid street brawl...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »
They've got the taste for blood. It's been reported that the defense is giving the offense fits, especially with the rush, and the offensive players are getting a bit ornery over it.

BTW, AC wound up bruising Harry Adam's lung this past weekend (the ambulance ride).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »
Good I want them tired of beating on each other by the time they buckle up for real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »
He does not sound very pleased at all, and it appears as if it was like a fucking stupid street brawl...

Tate = tool
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:28:24 PM »
AWK said...
So what do you think lead to others jumping in? Immaturity? Or group bond, you know, O-line v. D-line?

2:22 PM

hip-hopanonymous said...
Ziemba seems like he might have a screw loose. In a good way during the season, but maybe dangerous for folks during practice. It's like he doesnt realize when to tone it down. No need for him to get involved like that during practice.

Obviously I can only go on what you report but it sounds like two guys got into it and he (along with others) jumped in. I'm all for protecting your guy in a game, but not at the detriment of another teammate.

2:24 PM

Jay G. Tate said...
Not sure what to say about Ziemba. He was the opposite of a peacemaker today.

2:25 PM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »
Sounds like Tate is trying to impy something here. Fuck him. They're football players. I want a bit of nasty in them.

I think the defense is really taking to this hardhat mentality. Bust some fucking heads!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
He is implying that Ziemba is a hot head...which I mean I don't know a lot about Tate, but all evidence points to the fact that he is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »
I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Pugh is in Ziemba's group. I'd be pissed if he stood around watching and didn't get involved.

This anger will be taken out on the right people in a little over 17 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »
O linemen and D linemen are cut from the same cloth.  I think it seems like a pipe dream to think they will all get along all the time.  I don't get along with my best friends ALL the time and I am not having to go against them with pads on with them sometimes getting the better of me and possibly making me look bad in front of the coaches. 

It's called pushing each other.  I see it as a good thing overall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »
O linemen and D linemen are cut from the same cloth.  I think it seems like a pipe dream to think they will all get along all the time.  I don't get along with my best friends ALL the time and I am not having to go against them with pads on with them sometimes getting the better of me and possibly making me look bad in front of the coaches. 

It's called pushing each other.  I see it as a good thing overall.

I'll push you, motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
Pell City Tiger is right on this one. 

I'm sure some of you all played football before.  If you were on the offense, you hated the defense's guts.  You thought they had no finesse and were a bunch of stupid ball seeking thugs.  If you played on defense you thought the offense was a bunch of pussies who didn't understand the real reason people play football-to hit and be hit. 

These feelings are intensified during hot as hell summer practices, with 2 1/2 weeks before the season opener.  Stress levels soar, and the players are still trying to prove something.  I feel that teams don't truly become a cohesive unit until mid-season, when they know what their attainable goal is based on their win-loss record.

If there were no O vs. D fights and folks not getting injured in this game, then it's not truly football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
I'll push you, motherfucker.

You better get a step ladder fucktard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
Jay G. Tate said...
Ziemba is a very aggressive player. He probably needs to rein this in a bit before some of those DLs decide to issue a "market correction" ... or something of that kind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »
Not surprisingly, the topic on Slimebomb has been that this is proof that Auburn has no class, and Tuberville has zero control over the team.

Toothless caller just called in saying "Wudn't that Zoomba guy involved in the chopblock at LSU, and then the one at Clemson. Speakin of character..."

Ok, not that it needs to be said, but getting in a O v. D fight in full pads during practice and then being brothers again off the field = passion. Getting into fights on the strip = thugs. Common sense is lost on these people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
Didn't Coleman lose out on the spring because of Ziemba?  This ain't Coleman's first fling this season either.  Fights do happen every season.  Part of it on every college practice field.  However, this does seem to be getting a little out of hand.

If CTT was that pissed, I imagine he sees it as a problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »
CTT discuses the fight (briefly) and the practice overall, CTF discusses the QB's, and Rod Smith. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »
"I hope they're in a foul mood every day" fuck yeah, tell it Tommy. Is that skinny little fuck Jay Taint?
Anybody thinks fighting @ practice is unusual OR wrong needs to follow youth soccer instead.  Everybody plays, Everybody wins, No score kept,  if pussy ass bammer fans think it's classless then too fucking bad
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »
You know that the guys over at LaMonroe are reading this stuff and going Oh Shit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions