Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Starting QB?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Starting QB?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
Hold on now...Jake might make JFF leap over him maybe a dozen times thus tiring the former Heisman winner. Solos are not one of Jake's strengths however I believe Jake WILL save the day in an SEC contest that gives us a victory. I'm thirsty, what do you say?

Only if the incoming bus runs over him and they miss the game.

But I am up for whatever bet you want to make?

I'm a beer guy only but I am sure we can find some middle ground if you like something else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2013, 05:38:53 PM »
Only if the incoming bus runs over him and they miss the game.

But I am up for whatever bet you want to make?

I'm a beer guy only but I am sure we can find some middle ground if you like something else.
Sorry, this isn't pool and I don't feel the need to sandbag either. I used to think I could handle hard liquor but that is no longer the case. Holland WILL get a pick six to seal a win for Auburn. Otherwise I should be getting a rsizeable handicap no matter the stakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »
Hold on now...Jake might make JFF leap over him maybe a dozen times thus tiring the former Heisman winner. Solos are not one of Jake's strengths however I believe Jake WILL save the day in an SEC contest that gives us a victory. I'm thirsty, what do you say?
There's something to be said for Jake moving to QB, I'm just sayin'. At least that's the new rumor I started today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
There's something to be said for Jake moving to QB, I'm just sayin'. At least that's the new rumor I started today.
Will you please give me SOMETHING even my crazy ass can understand. I beseech thee!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
FOTW JJ.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
Yeah. You keep believing that. If you burn a redshirt and then sit the player, you have accomplished nothing. If there is not a plan in place to burn the redshirt and give the player significant playing time, why bother? Wasn't CGM here when they burned Kadrilla's redshirt. He played sparingly and was not better off for it.

So why would I expect anything different with JJ? Like someone else already stated, if he were that close to being ready, he'd be on the field right now.

You guys for years seem to think that the earlier you get a guy in the better he will be. That is just not always the case. Do we have the one in ten thousand person in JJ? I have no idea. But I do know that it has not worked out well for us in the recent past in this category. But yet here we are again. "Burn the redshirt. Get him started early". Sounds very familiar.
You totally missed my point.  So you think that Kadizil would be a better QB if we hadn't burnt his redshirt year?

I will give you my answer that after two years he made no improvements, burning his redshirt should have helped him not hurt him.  He was a bust as a QB plain and simple, it happens.  The fact that we decided to use him as a true freshman instead of having him sit a year has no bearing on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
You totally missed my point.  So you think that Kadizil would be a better QB if we hadn't burnt his redshirt year?

I will give you my answer that after two years he made no improvements, burning his redshirt should have helped him not hurt him.  He was a bust as a QB plain and simple, it happens.  The fact that we decided to use him as a true freshman instead of having him sit a year has no bearing on that.

The way they used him early and may not have focused on the things he needed, but only on the things he was doing (mildcat) probably contributed to his demise. Then the he had new offense and coordinators to contend with. Sometimes throwing a guy in early does not help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.