« on: September 11, 2013, 06:47:59 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Remember
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
And the masterminds behind this are still in the pre-trial process here.  Milking our own damn system.  They will be back in court starting Monday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:40:22 AM »
Like it was yesterday. Seeing the pics makes it hit home and realize it could easily have been me or someone I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
I remember saying "this was no accident" when I saw the footage of the first plane crashing.  At work, pretty much all production stopped and we gathered in the conference room and just watched in silence all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »
Very eerie day.  Was in my last semester of law school and drove up to Montgomery that morning.  Just as I was getting out of the car at school, the radio announcer says "We've got a report of a plane hitting a building in New York.  We'll try to get more for you on that." 

I thought that was weird but didn't think too much about it until I walked in the school and saw several people gathered around a TV they had in the library.  Walked in there and saw the coverage of one of the twin towers on fire where the plane hit it.  Now it had my attention but you still wondered what in the world happened.  We're standing around speculating.  Suicide?  Pilot error?  Plane had mechanical failure?  Why would a plane hit the.....Oh shit, the other tower got hit. 

Now it wasn't a matter of what happened, only who and why?  As the day went on, you heard about the attack on the Pentagon and the other plane that went down.  Not having a clue what might happen next, the last place anyone wanted to be was in their normal daily routine.  I remember driving home that night, talking to the wife about everything and noticing every gas station had lines out into the street. I just wanted to get home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
Very eerie day.  Was in my last semester of law school and drove up to Montgomery that morning.  Just as I was getting out of the car at school, the radio announcer says "We've got a report of a plane hitting a building in New York.  We'll try to get more for you on that." 

I thought that was weird but didn't think too much about it until I walked in the school and saw several people gathered around a TV they had in the library.  Walked in there and saw the coverage of one of the twin towers on fire where the plane hit it.  Now it had my attention but you still wondered what in the world happened.  We're standing around speculating.  Suicide?  Pilot error?  Plane had mechanical failure?  Why would a plane hit the.....Oh shit, the other tower got hit. 

Now it wasn't a matter of what happened, only who and why?  As the day went on, you heard about the attack on the Pentagon and the other plane that went down.  Not having a clue what might happen next, the last place anyone wanted to be was in their normal daily routine.  I remember driving home that night, talking to the wife about everything and noticing every gas station had lines out into the street. I just wanted to get home.

I remember thinking I hope Snaggle doesn't decide to come home early today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:52:15 AM »

Why in the world would you be hoping I didn't come......saaayyy....wait just a damn minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »

Coffee, meet monitor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
Many forget or just don't give a shit. Every time I see an old pic or watch a movie with the twin towers in it, I start to get hot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »
I posted before about going to a church in NY that's been turned into a memorial to those who lost their lives.  This incredibly old church was barely a block away from the towers and was the only building in that area that didn't receive damage.  It was quickly set up as a command post and a place to bring wounded.  It now has all kinds of memorabilia from pictures to firefighter uniforms, cards, letters etc.  It's one of those places you go through and after coming out, nobody really says much.  It just makes the whole thing more real and hit home.  I'm headed to NY in December and plan on going back and also visiting the TT site now that it's open to visitors.  Was under construction and fenced off back then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Many forget or just don't give a shit. Every time I see an old pic or watch a movie with the twin towers in it, I start to get hot.

And those are the same people who have never had to sacrifice anything for this country but yet want everything this country has to offer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:16:57 PM »

Apparently the folks at every level of Alabama government don't give a shit. I'm ashamed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »

Apparently the folks at every level of Alabama government don't give a shit. I'm ashamed.

You and your kind aren't still sticking to the "inside job" story?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
You and your kind aren't still sticking to the "inside job" story?

There is not a shortage of aluminum foil hats. You know that right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
Watched 3 different documentaries on the History Channel last night.  The first was awesome.  No narration.  Just the occasional "clock" showing what time it was all happening.  The show was just a montage of videos that people took.  Everything from news reporters to cell phone videos.  People in the towers, on the street, in adjacent buildings etc.  Couldn't stop watching.

Another was of the 14 people, mostly firefighters, who survived in the stairwell of the 2nd tower.  One guy said when they knew 100 floors were coming down on top of them, he just found a corner, got in the Moseley position and said, "Please let this be quick".   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »
Two thoughts that are poignant to me about that day are what must have been racing through the minds of the jumpers and the firemen who were walking up the stairs.

The decision to jump; I wonder how hard it was. I would assume when it's that hot, maybe it was easier than I could imagine.

The decision to walk up those stairs, I think harder. They seemed to be walking slow. One tower had already fallen, they had to realize that it was very close to a lost cause. I'm almost certain I don't have the guts.

I'm not cut out to be a first responder or a soldier but I certainly appreciate those who are.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Two thoughts that are poignant to me about that day are what must have been racing through the minds of the jumpers and the firemen who were walking up the stairs.

The decision to jump; I wonder how hard it was. I would assume when it's that hot, maybe it was easier than I could imagine.

The decision to walk up those stairs, I think harder. They seemed to be walking slow. One tower had already fallen, they had to realize that it was very close to a lost cause. I'm almost certain I don't have the guts.

I'm not cut out to be a first responder or a soldier but I certainly appreciate those who are.

I would think first responders are trained just like I was in the army but for different things. You are taught (Trained) to run towards while everybody else runs from. (if that makes any sense?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I firmly believe we blew those towers up, in-order to lessen the carnage.  I'm not saying the terrorism was staged or not real, what I am saying is that I think those buildings were going to be coming down like a tree falls, creating a lot more destruction and death.  So the government made arrangements to lessen those casualties. 

You watch the footage and there is absolutely no reason to believe that those towers should have collapsed the way they did. There are stories out from numerous engineers that back up this exact same claim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I firmly believe we blew those towers up, in-order to lessen the carnage.  I'm not saying the terrorism was staged or not real, what I am saying is that I think those buildings were going to be coming down like a tree falls, creating a lot more destruction and death.  So the government made arrangements to lessen those casualties. 

You watch the footage and there is absolutely no reason to believe that those towers should have collapsed the way they did. There are stories out from numerous engineers that back up this exact same claim.

I don't remember but were there reports of hearing an explosion before the towers came down?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions