Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who will be THAT guy?

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Who will be THAT guy?
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
We keep asking when we will see a WR step up and be the guy.
Marcus Davis made a very gutsy catch. Can he be that guy?

It seems the young guys are doing whatever it takes while the old guys want it in the perfect spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Who will be THAT guy?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 02:06:31 AM »
We keep asking when we will see a WR step up and be the guy.
Marcus Davis made a very gutsy catch. Can he be that guy?

It seems the young guys are doing whatever it takes while the old guys want it in the perfect spot.
Trovon Reed had a couple big catches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:27:33 AM »
Trovon Reed had a couple big catches.
Uzomah should get 4 or 5 opportunities a game if only as a checkdown option but I just don't see that money guy we can depend on, not yet. NM hasn't really been with the team long enough to develop any real chemistry with them I suppose.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »
Uzomah should get 4 or 5 opportunities a game if only as a checkdown option but I just don't see that money guy we can depend on, not yet. NM hasn't really been with the team long enough to develop any real chemistry with them I suppose.

I believe the MSU game will bring out that person. I still like Sammie Coates. Maybe Holland can catch a football and run with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
You guys missed what I was asking. We have a shitload of guys that will catch the ball that comes straight to them. Which one of them has what it takes to GO GET the ball. Davis' TD was a crappy pass that he knew he had to go get. He also knew that laying out for the balloon that could end up ugly. He went for it anyway. I have not seen that from any other receiver yet !
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
Sammie Coates
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
Sammie Coates

I've seen nothing out of Coates to make me believe that yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
I really think by midseason it's going to be Ricardo Louis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
I really think by midseason it's going to be Ricardo Louis.
with the most dropped passes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »
I believe the MSU game will bring out that person. I still like Sammie Coates. Maybe Holland can catch a football and run with it.

Well for the most part he doesn't know how to tackle it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
Sammie Coates

I'm vacillating on this.  On the one hand, I think that Marshall trusts Coates.  That must be a product of something they have going in practice, otherwise Marshall wouldn't target Coates as much during games...right?  With that in mind, I want them to keep forcing the issue until the connection plays out in real time. 

On the other hand, I wish that Marshall would spread that ball around.  Marcus Davis (who the fuck is that?) showed that he really wanted to catch a pass from Marshall...and it would be nice to see that rewarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:49 AM »
I'm vacillating on this.  On the one hand, I think that Marshall trusts Coates.  That must be a product of something they have going in practice, otherwise Marshall wouldn't target Coates as much during games...right?  With that in mind, I want them to keep forcing the issue until the connection plays out in real time. 

On the other hand, I wish that Marshall would spread that ball around.  Marcus Davis (who the fuck is that?) showed that he really wanted to catch a pass from Marshall...and it would be nice to see that rewarded.
I think Coates is perfectly happy running deep out of the area normally expected for increased contact where one has to come to the ball, work to get open and generally give oneself up in traffic.

Louis was the guy I would have expected as the go-to guy but now I'm not so sure after a few drops.
I haven't seen us throw much on time nor any quick slants and I don't think NM can finesse a corner fade.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 02:37:38 AM »
Maybe Lutz can apply for a medical hardship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:29 AM »
Marcus Davis (who the fuck is that?) showed that he really wanted to catch a pass from Marshall...and it would be nice to see that rewarded.

My exact quote - still am not 100% sure... did we have skreets on him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
I'm thinking he either answered an ad in a trade journal or that he's one of those rare Tubs holdovers. :big:

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2013/2/6/3957698/marcus-davis-auburn-football-recruiting-national-signing-day-2013
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:29:25 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »

He is not a real big guy, but he seams to play with a lot of heart. And he catches the damn ball.  True freshman. SO to get in the game at all, he must be showing out in practice.

I don't care if a guy runs a 4.9 forty as long as he knows how to sit in space and catch the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »
Was hoping Melvin Ray would sort of break onto the scene like Ronney Daniels but I don't think he's seen the field except for maybe special teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:35 AM »
I've seen nothing out of Coates to make me believe that yet.

Really?

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=21995.msg331037;topicseen#msg331037

Bottomfeeder: "I still like Sammie Coates"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »
Really?

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=21995.msg331037;topicseen#msg331037

Bottomfeeder: "I still like Sammie Coates"
Other than Louis, Bray and Davis no other gets an opportunity with NM in the game. Ray gets p.t. and Truitt was lost early but sophomore Tony Steven's is the guy I want to see. If JJ gets in and we see some progressions the whole field is used, route running becomes a premium and DBs have to really be on their toes. JMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions