Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Longmire on Netflix

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Longmire on Netflix
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »
The TV series Longmire starts its second season Monday night.  Based on the books by Craig Johnson (which are awesome in their own right...), the show is abut an aging Wyoming Sheriff, Walt Longmire, who is struggling to come to terms with the murder of his own wife, his strained relationship with his daughter, a younger deputy with family money who is running against him in the next election, and tension with the Native American Tribal Police on the reservation that borders his county. 

Season one is on Netflix and A&E is running them in marathon format this weekend.  The scenery is gorgeous, the characters have flaws, the writing is superb and not at all formulaic, and the actors do a great job. Sani is all slobbery over Katee Sackoff (worst actress name ever) and says she is hawt, but even though I think she has huge lips and bug eyes, she makes a great and very believable chief deputy.  Plus, one of the other deputies, the guy running against Walt, is a smoking hot stud.  Lots of good looking cowboys too - so this is one both spouses would be equally interested in.

I love the books, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the show.  Cannot say enough good things about both. 

If you haven't watched it - DO IT.  You can thank me later.  Just leave the cash on the dresser like normal on your way out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:50:59 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Longmire on AMC
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »
The TV series Longmire starts its second season Monday night.  Based on the books by Craig Johnson (which are awesome in their own right...), the show is abut an aging Wyoming Sheriff, Walt Longmire, who is struggling to come to terms with the murder of his own wife, his strained relationship with his daughter, a younger deputy with family money who is running against him in the next election, and tension with the Native American Tribal Police on the reservation that borders his county. 

Season one is on Netflix and AMC is running them in marathon format this weekend.  The scenery is gorgeous, the characters have flaws, the writing is superb and not at all formulaic, and the actors do a great job. Sani is all slobbery over Katee Sackoff (worst actress name ever) and says she is hawt, but even though I think she has huge lips and bug eyes, she makes a great and very believable chief deputy.  Plus, one of the other deputies, the guy running against Walt, is a smoking hot stud.  Lots of good looking cowboys too - so this is one both spouses would be equally interested in.

I love the books, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the show.  Cannot say enough good things about both. 

If you haven't watched it - DO IT.  You can thank me later.  Just leave the cash on the dresser like normal on your way out.

Been waiting on season 2.
I do feel sad for his daughter though. The only decent guy in town is the guy running against her dad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
Sani is all slobbery over Katee Sackoff (worst actress name ever) and says she is hawt, but even though I think she has huge lips and bug eyes, she makes a great and very believable chief deputy. 

Could be worse.  Could be Sackon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
Sani is all slobbery over Katee Sackoff (worst actress name ever) and says she is hawt, but even though I think she has huge lips and bug eyes, she makes a great and very believable chief deputy. 

She made a better Starbuck on Battlestar G.  Her performance there was one of the only reasons I kept watching it when it grew ponderous.  And it grew ponderous often. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

Re: Longmire on A&E
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
Correction - it's on A&E, not AMC.  Sorry. 

Because it changed nights (from Sunday to Monday) my stupid DVR did not record it.  I had to do a manual record for the 1am showing, so I have not seen it yet... oh well, tonight then...

Been waiting on season 2.
I do feel sad for his daughter though. The only decent guy in town is the guy running against her dad.

Branch is not a bad guy.  His dad (played VERY well by Gerald McRaney too) is a douche, but typical big fish in a tiny pond, man's got money and power and thinks he calls all the shots. 

It helps that Branch is hotter than a two dollar pistol - but I feel sorry for him anyway.  Rock and hard place.  He admires Walt, but he is a dutiful son. 

And poor Walt - his daughter is sleeping with the enemy - he feels betrayed twice, by Branch and by Cady.

Can't wait to watch tonight.  The book this episode is based on is FABULOUS - easily my favorite one of the series.

PS - Fun Fact:  Gerald McRaney was the last guest star to meet Matt Dillon in a gunfight on Gunsmoke.  He lost.  (Duh)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
Season finale last night was EPIC!!!  I loved it.  The season ended with several cliffhangers - each one alone would have been enough but the three together?  Holy crap.

I know Uncle Sani has not seen the finale yet, so I will hold off on more details.  But suffice to say, this show just keeps getting better.

There is also a subtle plug for Craig Johnson's latest book - the movie listed on the marquee in town is "A Serpent's Tooth".  I finished that book on vacation, and it left you hanging until the very last page.

So yeah, I am yet again plugging both the show and the books.  VERY unusual to find a book/show combination where both are equally awesome.  The show picks up a few of the plotlines from the book, but you can read the books without them being spoilers, if that makes sense.  The thing I like most is that the show is true to the book's characters, so each show is like getting a little short story based on the characters you have grown to love from the books.  Bonus material, if you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
So yeah, I am yet again plugging both the show and the books.  VERY unusual to find a book/show combination where both are equally awesome.  The show picks up a few of the plotlines from the book, but you can read the books without them being spoilers, if that makes sense.  The thing I like most is that the show is true to the book's characters, so each show is like getting a little short story based on the characters you have grown to love from the books.  Bonus material, if you will.

So finished reading the first book in the series and it is damn good.  If you like the premise of the tv show at all you will like the book(s) even more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »

So finished reading the first book in the series and it is damn good.  If you like the premise of the tv show at all you will like the book(s) even more.

<3

I heart me some Walt too.  The books just keep getting better. I started re-reading them after I encouraged you to get started, and I am halfway through the third one right now.  I am noticing things that I never picked up on before - great stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
<3

I heart me some Walt too.  The books just keep getting better. I started re-reading them after I encouraged you to get started, and I am halfway through the third one right now.  I am noticing things that I never picked up on before - great stuff.

And the casting/acting for the show is really well done when held in comparison to the books. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »
<3

Does Walt still die at the end of the third book?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
And the casting/acting for the show is really well done when held in comparison to the books.

To quote Lonnie Little Bird:  Mmm, hmm, yes, it is so.

Momma like...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
I love love LOVE this show. And Branch, oh Branch....I don't even care that your name is ridiculous...I could say it all night long.

Although...a few episodes back they had Walt in a towel..and it wasn't bad. Not bad at'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Tiger Wench

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
I love love LOVE this show. And Branch, oh Branch....I don't even care that your name is ridiculous...I could say it all night long.

And all morning too... that boy does things to Wranglers that ought to be illegal, and probably are in Utah.

How bad is it that when Walt was carrying Branch over his shoulder after Branch got shot that I had to pause the tv so I could fully appreciate the marvelous things a fireman's carry does to a tight ass in Wranglers?  Boy's bleeding to death and I am thinking lewd and lacivious thoughts...  Am also hoping that two shots to the torso equals shirtless hospital scenes...

Although...a few episodes back they had Walt in a towel..and it wasn't bad. Not bad at'all.

:idhitit:  All kinds of daddy issues going on here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »
Does Walt still die at the end of the third book?

:fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
:fu:

Hey. don't treat me that way. You know I can't read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
Tonight is the first episode of Season 3 on A&E.  I am pissed that I am not in the proper time zone - but it should be streamable on A&E by tomorrow night.  That's what DVR's are for.

Craig Johnson also has a new book out, called Any Other Name.  Getting rave reviews, as is the Season 3 opener.  I just want to see Branch shirtless - anything less will be a disappointment  Anything more will be a bonus...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
I am beginning to get a sense that you don't like Indians. In all of your reviews, you never mention La Bamba once. And he plays a pivotal role in the big subplot...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »
I am beginning to get a sense that you don't like Indians. In all of your reviews, you never mention La Bamba once. And he plays a pivotal role in the big subplot...

I have a secret crush on Lou. Long running and too special to be discussed with you yahoos.

But he doesn't wear Wranglers. So I'm focusing in a particular direction right now.

A Martinez is kind of sexy too. That's another one that goes way back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »
I have a secret crush on Lou. Long running and too special to be discussed with you yahoos.

But he doesn't wear Wranglers. So I'm focusing in a particular direction right now.

A Martinez is kind of sexy too. That's another one that goes way back.

Original Santa Barbara fan huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
Original Santa Barbara fan huh?

:meme:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions