Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Longmire on Netflix

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Longmire on A&E
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
I have a secret crush on Lou. Long running and too special to be discussed with you yahoos.

I suspect that it comes from his Chavez Chavez dirty Mexican days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
I suspect that it comes from his Chavez Chavez dirty Mexican days.

REGULATORS!

So the premier was OK. I hope the money stealing ho gets hers in the end. And I am not sure they have enough evidence to convict Henry.

They have all kinds of room to go with this story though. I hope they choose wisely. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
REGULATORS!

So the premier was OK. I hope the money stealing ho gets hers in the end. And I am not sure they have enough evidence to convict Henry.

They have all kinds of room to go with this story though. I hope they choose wisely.

Dude - I am in Aberdeen and have not seen it yet.  Thanks for the spoilers.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
Dude - I am in Aberdeen and have not seen it yet.  Thanks for the spoilers.  :(

Oh there's lots more. That was just a bit of the side story. They have this setup to go any any and many directions.

Besides, Aberdeen sucks. Edinburgh is where its at!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »

Oh there's lots more. That was just a bit of the side story. They have this setup to go any any and many directions.

Besides, Aberdeen sucks. Edinburgh is where its at!

Aberdeen is freaking awesome. I would move here in a heartbeat. Edinburgh is great fun to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
So the race is now on for this show (one of the best written on tv imo) to find a new home.  A&E has pulled the plug on it citing a drop in viewership originally but it seems to be tied more so to them not owning the licensing rights. 

I would find it hard to believe that no other network would pick up this show but I have been wrong before. (see "Firefly" and that one time with that chick that ended up being a dude)

Maybe this is one that Netflix picks up like they did with Arrested Development.   

I find it funny that it was on A&E and best I can tell it was the only show on that network that could be considered Artful or Entertaining.

#LongLiveLongmire
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:57:00 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
(see "Firefly" and that one time with that chick that ended up being a dude)

Collards are collards...besides she/he had a nice rack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 10:24:54 PM »
So the race is now on for this show (one of the best written on tv imo) to find a new home.  A&E has pulled the plug on it citing a drop in viewership originally but it seems to be tied more so to them not owning the licensing rights. 

I would find it hard to believe that no other network would pick up this show but I have been wrong before. (see "Firefly" and that one time with that chick that ended up being a dude)

Maybe this is one that Netflix picks up like they did with Arrested Development.   

I find it funny that it was on A&E and best I can tell it was the only show on that network that could be considered Artful or Entertaining.

#LongLiveLongmire

I watched a couple of episodes.  It did nothing for me.  Other than this thread, I haven't seen any critical or popular buzz for it at all.  Not surprised it was axed, really. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
I watched a couple of episodes.  It did nothing for me.  Other than this thread, I haven't seen any critical or popular buzz for it at all.  Not surprised it was axed, really.

It has a huge fan base. Number one scripted show on A&E. Second of all A&E shows behind the Duck Boys.

And it's not an immediate gratification kind of show. Not bloody or violent out of context. Kind of cerebral. Magnificent scenery and spot on acting. True to the books.

Not surprised you didn't like it. But it is fabulous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »
Exhibit "A":

In the good ‘old days of television, TV networks and studios had very little to worry about canceling primetime TV shows. For decades soap fans have created hell for producers and networks, as well as studios that dared to kill off a major popular character on a show.  But, primetime up until recently hasn’t had the same concerns.  That is until the hit show “Longmire” was first neglected and ignored by A&E, only to ultimately cancel it a year later.  “A&E didn’t do any promotion, every year we had to wait for months to find out if the show would continue, they never respected cast, crew and more importantly us fans,” said Karen in West Hollywood.

She’s not alone. The fans are furious with “Longmire,” and although the talented cast is keeping it upbeat as possible, they are even stunned by the feelings of millions of fans, who loved this show, and want to see it on another network.  An A&E insider tells Highlight Hollywood, “The suits didn’t expect this. People are calling cable providers and digital providers and asking that they remove “A&E” from their “Basic” packages.

That is indeed the case, as a Dish Network rep tells Highlight Hollywood, “We have gotten so many calls into our customer care centers. Fans are angry, we haven’t seen this since we broke our deal with AMC and fans didn’t get to see the first few episodes of “The Walking Dead.” Who knew that canceling “Longmire” would have an equal response? We were taken by surprise, and even now the network is calling in temp help to man the phones. The calls are from angry viewers, and although most are very polite, they all have the same theme, ‘remove A&E, we want nothing to do with it.’”

The A&E insider also added, “Everyone is nervous now. This could have an affect on “Duck Dynasty,” “Bates Motel,” all of our upcoming original programming. If I had any pull here, I’d tell the suits to stop counting beans, and count the fans that are tuning us out now and more on the way.”

Fans are livid, but these fans have kept above the fray. They simply seem to be done with A&E.  From our Facebook page, we have a plethora of responses, emails and posts, but all of them are negative against A&E, and pro the “Longmire” cast and crew, which they not only have respect for, but feel bad for as well.  Kimberly in Salt Lake City told our receptionist when she called, “We Longmire Posse are grateful that you are getting our word out. We are done with A&E, and this is it, they have demeaned and disrespected the cast and crew many times, but this betrayal of the fans will not be forgotten. I am never watching an A&E show ever again.”

So, one has to ask, can A&E reverse their decision? Sure, they can do anything they want, as proven by their canceling “Longmire,” but the backlash is only going to intensify.  Fans are very upset that a family-friendly show, that everyone could watch and enjoy without having to cover their ears and tell their kids to leave the room, was so badly mistreated and then thrown to the trash-bin.

A&E had better NOT count the Longmire Posse out too soon!  Stay tuned!

I am confident that it will find another network.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2014, 10:57:28 AM »
Exhibit "A":

I am confident that it will find another network.

I hope so. I started watching and then my wife came in about mid-season first season. Now she keeps asking when that sheriff show is coming back on. It has good acting and the story line keeps you wondering what will happen next. People want to see what happened to crazy Branch. Will he live? Will he die? Will Walt give him another chance?

And what ever happened to that rich widder woman that was after Walt?

Damn you A&E!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
That show sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
Article by the author of the books Craig Johnson.

There’s an old saying among cowboys—you ride for the brand. If you’re hired on, you do your job the best you can and you don’t whine or complain about the outfit—but there does come a time, if you are mistreated with intent, when you leave that employ and need to clear the air.
If you’ve been stapling barbed wire up in a lineman’s shack for the last couple of weeks, you might not be aware that the A&E network cancelled Longmire. We’re all still kind of reeling from the news that a network would cancel the highest-rated, scripted drama it’s ever had, a show that was consistently one of the top ten cable shows of any given week—one of the top 25 of the summer including the networks.
A lot of people have been asking me why?
The excuse that the network used was that ratings were down from the previous season from 4.2 to 3.9 million, but with adjusted DVR recordings, Longmire was still holding steady at close to 6 million… And that’s with A&E cutting us down to ten episodes and giving us a less than enviable lead-in--four-year-old reruns of Criminal Minds that were pulling -72%, no promotion or advertising, and a general ambivalence to the show as a whole.
The other excuse was that the show wasn’t pulling as much as they wanted in the 18-49 demographic. We more than hold our own in the 25-50 demographic—now, I’m no television executive (thank goodness), but I don’t know of any 18 year-olds out there who are buying Dodge trucks. I still remember being told that Longmire pretty much sold itself, “Oh, we’ve got advertisers lined up to such an extent that we're turning people away."
So what gives?
A&E has made it clear that it wants to own and produce the shows it airs, and the one it doesn’t own, the highest-rated scripted drama they’ve ever had-- Longmire—is not theirs. They’ve had success with Bates Motel (which, even with A&E’s blessings and full support, has yet to achieve the ratings Longmire has) and have had disasters like Those Who Kill (which was cancelled after only two weeks), but then they were trying to strong-arm Warner into selling them Longmire. Now, if I remember correctly, Warner Brothers were the ones who taught Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney how to be tough guys back in the thirties… Good luck with that, A&E. Maybe that next reality show, Tattooed Eskimo Swamp Hunters will turn out to be a winner.
At this point in time, the producers and Warner Horizon are pitching to other networks in hopes that one of them is smart enough to take on a proven winner like Longmire, and we’ll hopefully land in an environment that appreciates and supports the show.
People have been asking what they can do to help in finding Longmire a new home, and the best thing you can do is continue talking up the show in all the social media, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, blogs or the net-sphere. If you’re looking for a place to register your support, sign up for Twitter (it’s easy, even Walt could do it) if you aren’t already on there and join the blitz tonight (Monday) at 10 PM ET/9 C/8 MT/7 PT—the Longmire time slot—and keep tweeting and retweeting #longlivelongmire.
From the response that A&E’s garnered from dropping Longmire, it looks as if it may be the biggest PR disaster for the network. People are actually contacting their cable and satellite providers and requesting that A&E be removed from their subscription packages.—they have had to hire on extra operators for the amount of complaints that have been registered.
Wow.
In closing, I think those executives at A&E forgot to take one thing into consideration—we’re cowboys, we ride for the brand and we don’t walk away.
See you on the trail,
-Craig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
I would love to see this show hit a bigger network and just soar.

It does seem very odd that the show is doing well, advertisers are happy, yet they drop the show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »
A&E Original Scripting programming includes:

Bates Motel
Those Who Kill

So 1st amongst those?

The show hovered in the 3's on its Neilsen Rating. Thats 3 million viewers give or take a few hundred thousand.

To compare, Sopranos reruns on A&E garnered ratings of 4's and 5's between 07-10 on Sunday mornings.

I don't doubt its a decent show, but ratings dictate everything. For the amount of time and money that was poured into it, A&E probably decided it wasn't worth it anymore especially not owning the rights. Were they losing lots of money? Who knows.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the decision but I can see why they maybe did it on paper. Maybe they have bigger things lined up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
A&E Original Scripting programming includes:

Bates Motel
Those Who Kill

So 1st amongst those?

The show hovered in the 3's on its Neilsen Rating. Thats 3 million viewers give or take a few hundred thousand.

To compare, Sopranos reruns on A&E garnered ratings of 4's and 5's between 07-10 on Sunday mornings.

I don't doubt its a decent show, but ratings dictate everything. For the amount of time and money that was poured into it, A&E probably decided it wasn't worth it anymore especially not owning the rights. Were they losing lots of money? Who knows.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the decision but I can see why they maybe did it on paper. Maybe they have bigger things lined up.

In the 6s when you factor in DVR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
In the 6s when you factor in DVR.

Then you can use that same factor with OTHER shows as well. All even in the wash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »
Then you can use that same factor with OTHER shows as well. All even in the wash.

Yeah I wondered that as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »
Yeah I wondered that as well.

I'm curious now about this show. I'm gonna try and catch a few episodes. It looks like a well made show and like I said, I don't doubt it is. But I highly doubt they would cancel it for superficial reasons, especially if it were profitable for them.

I am wondering how much it cost to produce each episode as compared to the ratings it got/revenue each episode brought in sans licensing rights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
I'm curious now about this show. I'm gonna try and catch a few episodes. It looks like a well made show and like I said, I don't doubt it is. But I highly doubt they would cancel it for superficial reasons, especially if it were profitable for them.

I am wondering how much it cost to produce each episode as compared to the ratings it got/revenue each episode brought in sans licensing rights.

First two seasons are on Netflix.  Watch the first episode.  If you don't like it then you can stop there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions