AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Hudson's 200th Win
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:31:34 AM »
Didn't see this posted anywhere.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/043013aaa.html
Former Tiger Tim Hudson Wins 200th Career MLB Game
He is the third active player to reach the milestone, joining Andy Pettitte (248 wins) and Roy Halladay (201).

April 30, 2013

Former Auburn baseball player Tim Hudson became the 110th Major League Baseball pitcher to win 200 career games as the Atlanta Braves defeated the Washington Nationals, 8-1, on Tuesday night at Turner Field in Atlanta.

Hudson, who was a sixth-round draft pick out of Auburn in 1997 after winning the Rotary Smith Award as the nation's top player, threw seven innings in the win, allowing three hits and striking out six. The veteran right-hander also helped himself at the plate, going 2-for-3 with a fifth-inning solo home run. He is the third active player to reach the milestone, joining Andy Pettitte (248 wins) and Roy Halladay (201).

Hudson, who played at Auburn in 1996 and 1997 and helped the team to a College World Series appearance in '97, won number 200 in his third try, but his first in front of the home fans. He is now 200-105 in 15 big league seasons with the Oakland A's (1999-2004) and Braves (2005-present).

Hudson is the first former Southeastern Conference pitcher to collect 200 career MLB wins.

Atlanta Braves 8, Washington Nationals 1 - Box Score

First SEC pitcher ever to hit that milestone.

Also, notable for Jason Heyward's twitter battle with a bammer.

@JasonHeyward 10h
War Eagle to my man Huddy..  Congrats on the 200th career dub
@MWillingham09 10h
@JasonHeyward don't ever say that again Mr Heyward we take that seriously in Alabama, you risking losing lot of fans #RollTide #SecondChance
@JasonHeyward 10h
You'll be aight lol. I'll shout your school out when you get your 200th career win in the big leagues @MWillingham09
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Hudson's 200th Win
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
What's even better, Hudson hit a homerun last night.  So it won't just be a random gameball that he pitched with during the night that goes into the trophy collection, it will be one that he hit out of the park. 

Congrats, Huddy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Hudson's 200th Win
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:52:49 AM »
Dominating performance on the mound and slapped one out....albeit, aided by Bryce Harper.  But still.  Great night for Hudson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."