Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Baseball Bucket List

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Baseball Bucket List
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:54 PM »
Started a thread a few months back about sports bucket lists. A lot of cool answers.  World Cup.  Hadn't thought of that but now, I'll bet that'd be bad ass.  And I have no dog in the soccer fight.  The crowd alone would be worth going for.  But now that baseball is here, what specific parks or teams are a must-see before you kick the bucket?

Fenway Pahk. Bandwagon Bahston fan from quite a few years back.  Just to have someone to go against the Yankmee's with and to have an American League team to pull for.  Other than that, no connection.  But I have always wanted to see a game at Fenway. This may be the year.  Looked on Stub Hub and there's over 4,000 tix available for a mid July series with the Yankees.  Hmmm....

Wrigley.  I'm kind of 50/50 now about this one because last year, I was in Chicago and riding the L-Train...or G-Train or some letter.  One stop, which we made twice during my trip, was nestled up to Wrigley.  Literally step off and look right down into the stadium.  I got a great look at at least half of it.  I know it's not the same as attending a game...still kind of up in the air.

Two not really on the bucket list but I'd really consider a trip to.  Dodger Stadium because of the tradition and the Marlins new crib.  Marlins?  They suck!!!  Yep, but something tells me that new stadium would be one kick-ass place to go.  Then, I could hit South Beach after the game.

Baseball trips?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Baseball Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
Camden Yards and Fenway are fun.  The only others on my bucket list would be Wrigley.  The rest are fairly new.  I hate that I never got to see a game in Detroit and at the old Yank'me stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
Cactus League.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
Lingerie Bowl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »
Wrigley is a cool place to watch a game, but I really want to sit in the bleachers once and enjoy the festivities there.
I really want to hit Fenway too, and Camden Yards some day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
Wrigley is a cool place to watch a game, but I really want to sit in the bleachers once and enjoy the festivities there.
I really want to hit Fenway too, and Camden Yards some day.
Been to Fenway and Wrigley.  Wrigley is better in my opinion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:19 PM »
Been to Fenway and Wrigley.  Wrigley is better in my opinion.

Of course, sitting in the Hank Aaron seats at the Ted with a trip or 3 to the 755 Club rawks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
Cactus League.

Good answer here.  I keep saying I want to hit central Florida (Grapefruit League) for some Spring Training games, but never can arrange it.  Didn't GF or some of you go this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
the Marlins new crib.

It's a fucking dump.  We went last season on the second homestand.  First, the grass in right field was dead.  I asked why, that area of the outfield never gets sunshine when the roof is open.  Second, when we were walking around the concourse, they had orange cones set up, to keep the fans from walking in the puddles of water.  Puddles forming because the fucking roof was leaking.  It was two damn weeks old, and already leaking.

Stadiums I've been to:
NL East - Atlanta, Miami, Washington (old stadiums - Fulton Co, Pro Player, Shea)
NL Central - St Louis, Chicago, Pittsburgh (old stadiums - Busch II, Three Rivers)
NL West - Arizona, Colorado, SF (old stadiums - Candlestick)

AL East - Boston, Baltimore (old stadiums- Yankee)
AL Central - Cleveland, KC (Old stadiums - Metrodome, Tiger Stadium)
AL West - Texas, Oakland, Houston

By far, my favorite stadium is Pittsburgh.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
Sooooo....I should skip the game and go directly to South Beach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
Sooooo....I should skip the game and go directly to South Beach?

There is a bobblehead museum in the concourse though, it's not a total loss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
The wife and I don't do much professional baseball.

We hit the colleges everytime we are near one and they are playing, seems to be much more fun, closer parking (sneak out and get beer).

One of the better stadiums Was Baylor (in waco)   Idaho and WSU were nice also. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »
The wife and I don't do much professional baseball.

We hit the colleges everytime we are near one and they are playing, seems to be much more fun, closer parking (sneak out and get beer).

One of the better stadiums Was Baylor (in waco)   Idaho and WSU were nice also.
What the fuck were you doing in Idaho?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »

Growing potatoes...duh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
Growing potatoes...duh!

Here's my scandal

Stealin' like a vandal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »

We have friends up there, also been to a UI football game in that god awful bubble sphere (or whatever they call it) ALso played golf up there, they have a hole where you have to take a boat to get to the green. Nice area of the country in the late summer/early fall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Here's my list:

Derek Jeter
Joe Mauer
Chipper Jones
Alex Rodriguez
Jeff Francoeur
Marquis Grissom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin