Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Furr gone?

Ogre

Furr gone?
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:15:09 PM »
It's being reported on Scout and Rivals that Deron Furr was a no-show for practice.  Apparently CTT said in a press conference that he didn't know where he is.  The general consensus is that he's quit the team. 

What the hell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Furr gone?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »
It's being reported on Scout and Rivals that Deron Furr was a no-show for practice.  Apparently CTT said in a press conference that he didn't know where he is.  The general consensus is that he's quit the team. 

What the hell?
I have not seen anything official being posted.  However, if this is true then it sucks, he was very talented.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »
He dad has said that Furr didn't attend practice in order to study for a final exam (summer courses).  However, he could not reach Tuberville before practice. 

I smell bullshit. 

Before we start thinking that Furr is history, remember Robert Dunn walked off the field right before the LSU game.  He was welcomed back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:09 AM »
My girlfriends furr is gone too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
Unlike you, my girlfriends have Furr.  You get rid of yours as soon as the first weed pops up in the garden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »
Unlike you, my girlfriends have Furr.  You get rid of yours as soon as the first weed pops up in the garden.

Hey now.  That's me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »

Hey now.  That's me.

guys and their blow up dolls. 

ps3 too.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:57:00 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 02:57:12 AM »
Drag Queen night at the gay bar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »
Ok, from everything I have read/heard this is the story.  Furr was constantly lethargic on the football field during 11 on 11 drills on Saturday.  He was constantly complaining and felt like he was owed something (as a freshman...).  The upperclassmen on the team who were working their asses off during the drill took it upon themselves to teach him a lesson.  The "lesson" got out of control and became a half brawl.  Furr was quoted in the ledger as saying that he "wanted the fast track to the NFL...that is why he switched to corner."  It appears to many people that he had a bad attitude and thought he was a world beater...others on the team weren't too fond of this attitude.  Tuberville hasn't completely written him off yet and would take him back with punishment attached of course.  (Not ice cream, this isn't Bama) Tuberville was asked yesterday after practice about Furr, and he said "It is still the same."  Meaning, they still don't know where he is or what he is doing.  Then, a reporter asked about the comments from his father and Tuberville refused to answer. 

There are rumors that he wants to go to FSU...and his brother is being recruited hard by the 'Noles right now.  All we know for sure is that Furr did not practice Sunday or Monday, and is not with the team.  Take this as you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
If true, then fuck him.

You have to earn respect, playing time and a shot at the league.

Fuck him in da mouf until he gets himself unfucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »
If true, then fuck him.

You have to earn respect, playing time and a shot at the league.

Fuck him in da mouf until he gets himself unfucked.
That is sort of what I was thinking...except I always believe in second chances...He has to prove himself though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
That is sort of what I was thinking...except I always believe in second chances...He has to prove himself though.

With what he would have to do to earn a second chance I imagine some humility would be learned as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »
With what he would have to do to earn a second chance I imagine some humility would be learned as well.
Yeah, it seems the phrase "bad apple" is being thrown around a lot.  I don't know if I would consider him "bad" right now, just needs to get his head on straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
This is true.  If it weren't for second chances, Pat Sims would not have been there last year.  As long as his attitude gets straight, I would welcome him back.  Otherwise, go to bammer or F$U and get treated like a rock star before getting shut out of the draft in 4 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »
Various message boards are mentioning that he's planning to transfer to F$U.  I hope this isn't true, but if it is, how would he be received down there?  How much respect do you have for a guy who got his ass kicked at practice and took his ball and went home?

I hope he stays at Auburn and becomes the next turnaround story under Tubs.  However, I am glad to see that our players aren't going to put up with any prima donna bullshit from a frosh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
I hope he stays at Auburn and becomes the next turnaround story under Tubs.  However, I am glad to see that our players aren't going to put up with any prima donna bullshit from a frosh.

:thumbsup:  Agreed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »
Various message boards are mentioning that he's planning to transfer to F$U.  I hope this isn't true, but if it is, how would he be received down there?  How much respect do you have for a guy who got his ass kicked at practice and took his ball and went home?

It also doesn't make sense to go to FSU because he's not going to play QB.  He's going to be competing for a spot in the secondary, and considering how many athletes FSU pulls in each year, it won't be the same opportunity he has now.  He could have worked into the rotation THIS year.  Now, he'll lose a year.  Either by suspension from Tubs or sitting out a year due to transferring. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »
Well, Its official, Furr is gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions