Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Clint Trickett

JR4AU

Re: Clint Trickett
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 08:34:05 AM »
Perhaps.  To be clear, my stance is:

I wasn't referring to you, but rather Prowler's statement, and your particular response.  I don't know enough about Trickett to get excited about him or not on HIS merits.  I know enough about who we currently have on campus to get excited about him on THEIR merits. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
I'm not going to lie or sugar coat anything...I'm praying that Nick Marshall is as good as advertised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
I'm not going to lie or sugar coat anything...I'm praying that Nick Marshall is as good as advertised.

True dat!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 08:40:57 AM »
I figured you for an atheist. Glad you are at least a praying man, even if a heathen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
I figured you for an atheist. Glad you are at least a praying man, even if a heathen.

Allah will hear my prayers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »
After seeing what was posted early in this thread, I saw that the Debbie Downers certainly weren't alone.

Twitter was bitching up a storm about him not fitting Gus's offense.

I echo JR that it can't get much worse and any QB whose name I recognize from being better than average with game experience, is welcome IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
If memory serves, Trickett's first real action came in 2011 against Oklahomo when Manuel went down.  He played a good bit that season while Manuel was recovering. Played sparingly last year, throwing only 34 passes on the season.  I have no idea why he left but assume it had as much to do with Jameis Winston being ready to start his career under center. 

6'3" 180

Career Stats:  66/106 62% 947 yards 7 TD's 4 Int.

No rushing yards to speak of. 

My biggest thing with the possibility of him signing is that it gives us another option (Who knows, he may be the best option) at QB.  Someone who's got real game experience under his belt and apparently didn't suck.  He wouldn't come in shell-shocked and could run the offense.  He's no long term solution by any means but rather a viable option for the immediate future.....if needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
If memory serves, Trickett's first real action came in 2011 against Oklahomo when Manuel went down.  He played a good bit that season while Manuel was recovering. Played sparingly last year, throwing only 34 passes on the season.  I have no idea why he left but assume it had as much to do with Jameis Winston being ready to start his career under center. 

6'3" 180

Career Stats:  66/106 62% 947 yards 7 TD's 4 Int.

No rushing yards to speak of. 

My biggest thing with the possibility of him signing is that it gives us another option (Who knows, he may be the best option) at QB.  Someone who's got real game experience under his belt and apparently didn't suck.  He wouldn't come in shell-shocked and could run the offense.  He's no long term solution by any means but rather a viable option for the immediate future.....if needed.
My bet is that if he comes, then he's the starter. But that's a pretty racist prediction since he's the only white qb.

It would be nice for he and Marshall to carry the load and JJ be able to RS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
My bet is that if he comes, then he's the starter. But that's a pretty racist prediction since he's the only white qb.

It would be nice for he and Marshall to carry the load and JJ be able to RS.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
If Trickett can match Chris Todd's production, then we'll be fine.  Because if Malzahn comes in and wins 8-9 games with another Chris Todd, then following mathmatical properties, we should see another Cam Newton emerge as the starter in 2014. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

noxin

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »
Btw, the same Auburn fans talking bad about the possible transfer of Clint are the same ones that thought Russell Wilson would've been a bad QB to take, because we had Frazier, Trotter & Moseley.

To be fair, it wasn't until Wilson signed with Wisconsin that I decided I didn't want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »
To be fair, it wasn't until Wilson signed with Wisconsin that I decided I didn't want him.
Me too. We had other QB's higher on our list. And, his offer was never really committable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »
Me too. We had other QB's higher on our list. And, his offer was never really committable.

Well. To be fair, we had all seen enough out of Trotter to think he would be at least as good as Todd. And we were all OK with that. Then Totter went and losted his mind. Did NOT see that coming!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
People....the correct response is, "We didn't want him anyway."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
People....the correct response is, "We didn't want him anyway."

We needed  :starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »
Trickett to WVU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
Trickett to WVU.

Why are you telling us this?  He never had a committable offer to Auburn anyway.  Just message board rumors probably started by Bama fans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »
Trickett to WVU.

We didn't want him anyway.

Like I said, I had no problem if a guy with real game experience who apparently at least didn't suck, wanted to come in and compete for the job.  I talked to 2 FSU fans last week about him and they both said, "Okay QB.  Skinny as a rail but a real good arm.  Just wasn't going to get any playing time now that Winston is ready."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 12:54:34 PM »
Well for me, this just further solidifies my opinion that Nick Marshall will be the starting QB for '13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions