Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Clint Trickett

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Clint Trickett
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »
If I remember correctly, the games I did watch of FSU, Trickett did pretty well with making plays with his feet along with his big arm. Obviously, by his size, he wouldn't be able to handle keeping the option a whole lot but like wes said, dude has some brass balls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
A little antibiotic ought to clear that right up.
Emphasis on little? :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »
Y'all are some Debbie Downers. Dude's not a Heisman winner by any means, but he's no joke, which is what we apparently have on campus right now.

A better than average QB will make light years difference with this team in particular. We've got all the pieces to compete except a QB. Would be huge, IMO.

That being said, nothing ever works out the way I hope, so he'll probably go to Washington State, or hell, Arkansas State, and beat our ass.

This ^^^. All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »
This ^^^. All of it.

So Trickle is going to WSU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
So Trickle is going to WSU?

Mr Trickle finished 41st
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
Mr Trickle finished 41st

Had to give ESPN credit for their obligatory Dick Trickle results every race. If someone named Dick Trickle is racing, you have to talk about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
If I remember correctly, the games I did watch of FSU, Trickett did pretty well with making plays with his feet along with his big arm. Obviously, by his size, he wouldn't be able to handle keeping the option a whole lot but like wes said, dude has some brass balls.

His daddy has the foulest mouth of any man I've ever known.  He couldn't tell you the time of day without adding six profanity words in there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
His daddy has the foulest mouth of any man I've ever known.  He couldn't tell you the time of day without adding six profanity words in there.
He was one foul mouthed mother fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »
I'm going to leave this one up to CGM and CDC (since CDC was his position coach at FSU, he has more knowledge of Clint than anyone here or on other message boards combined). If they like him, then I'm all for it.
Btw, the same Auburn fans talking bad about the possible transfer of Clint are the same ones that thought Russell Wilson would've been a bad QB to take, because we had Frazier, Trotter & Moseley.
If the coaches feel that Clint is our best option, at this time, then had him the duffle bags full of cash and get it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »
Btw, the same Auburn fans talking bad about the possible transfer of Clint are the same ones that thought Russell Wilson would've been a bad QB to take, because we had Frazier, Trotter & Moseley.

And we are damn lucky to have dodged that bullet.  Wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »
Clint can come on if he wants but it's Moseley's job to lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
I'm going to leave this one up to CGM and CDC (since CDC was his position coach at FSU, he has more knowledge of Clint than anyone here or on other message boards combined). If they like him, then I'm all for it.
If the coaches feel that Clint is our best option, at this time, then had him the duffle bags full of cash and get it done.
I can't make this jump. I can see a difference between now and then. And btw, I would love to get this kid and wanted Russell too. But I saw Russell as more of a proven player than Clint, at least in terms of athleticism. The fact that we are going after Clint tells me we don't have the depth and/or talent that Gus wants (as if most of us didn't already surmise that by now.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »
I can't make this jump. I can see a difference between now and then. And btw, I would love to get this kid and wanted Russell too. But I saw Russell as more of a proven player than Clint, at least in terms of athleticism. The fact that we are going after Clint tells me we don't have the depth and/or talent that Gus wants (as if most of us didn't already surmise that by now.)

I wanted Wilson.  Dude was player of the year in the ACC as a freshman.  The fact that Malzahn has been completely non-committal concerning saying either Wallace or Keel will be the man, tells me he's reeeeeally hoping JJ or Marshall will be a better option.  Look, if a guy with starting experience at FSU wants to come in and compete for the QB job, knowing what's here and what's on the way, more power to him.  And yes, the coaches should be stoked about the possibility.  What's the worst that could happen?  He's better than Wallace and Kadril?  One of them transfers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
Exactly, we don't have the talent or depth, yet. Trickle has game and starting experience, plus he can throw the slant route...hope he likes Auburn enough to want to play here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
I wanted Wilson.  Dude was player of the year in the ACC as a freshman.  The fact that Malzahn has been completely non-committal concerning saying either Wallace or Keel will be the man, tells me he's reeeeeally hoping JJ or Marshall will be a better option.  Look, if a guy with starting experience at FSU wants to come in and compete for the QB job, knowing what's here and what's on the way, more power to him.  And yes, the coaches should be stoked about the possibility.  What's the worst that could happen?   He's better than Wallace and Kadril?  One of them transfers?
He could come and start a spice smoking epedimic among the team and they could go rob somebody in Conway, I guess. But that's pretty far-fetched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 11:49:10 PM »

Btw, the same Auburn fans talking bad about the possible transfer of Clint are the same ones that thought Russell Wilson would've been a bad QB to take

You know you're my boy, but that is a bullshit generalization.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 02:03:03 AM »
I meant to put ”some of” the same ones.

I'm not talking about here, because if I remember correctly most, if not all, were for the transfer of Russell Wilson to Auburn, I'm more talking about the Rivals, Scout, 24/7, etc paid message boards, that seemingly have a lot of uninformed ”Auburn fans”...and a number of inbred bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »

While that may have been a bullshit generalization, this is not: The Auburn fans even thinking they don't want Clint Trickett are the one's that for some fucked up reason hold out hope for who we currently have on campus at QB.  There is zero downside to taking on Clint Trickett to compete for the job.  Meaning: it can't get it any worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »
While that may have been a bullshit generalization, this is not: The Auburn fans even thinking they don't want Clint Trickett are the one's that for some fucked up reason hold out hope for who we currently have on campus at QB.  There is zero downside to taking on Clint Trickett to compete for the job.  Meaning: it can't get it any worse.

Perhaps.  To be clear, my stance is:

This would not excite me much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
The way I see it, CT would give us a puncher's chance for this season. I don't know much about him but I would guess that he could likely get the nod over Marshall or JJ.

Without him, I predict we are waiting 1/3 of the season before we see Marshall or JJ play a significant amount.

Now that I've said that, we will likely see Wallace or Kalyle break the NCAA passing record this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions