Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

scrimmage 4/6/13

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: scrimmage 4/6/13
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Don't sleep on Artis-Payne, IMO he'll be the man at RB. He might not be the starter in the first two games but he'll be the starter before the midpoint of the season.

Also, if our OL is average, we'll win 6-7 games, because that'll mean that they're better than last year's OL. A better OL usually means a better backfield, including the QB position...and don't be surprised if Nick Marshall takes the starting QB position once he gets there.
Listen I love the enthusiasm you bring, I used to have it. Last 2 years have sucked it out of me...we were at the pinacle and that should have stepped us forward into being a top ten perennial powerhouse.  Instead we took 50 steps back.

I just don't see 6-7 wins on our schedule? At most 6 but quite honestly I don't think we will beat Arkansas, and I think we will struggle with Arkansas State and Tennessee.

08/31/13      Washington State Cougars -Jordan-Hare Stadium -Fence
09/07/13      Arkansas State Red Wolves -Jordan-Hare Stadium -Fence

09/14/13      Mississippi State Bulldogs -Jordan-Hare Stadium -L
09/21/13      at LSU Tigers -Tiger Stadium -L

09/28/13   ---   Open Date   ---   ---
10/05/13      Ole Miss Rebels -Jordan-Hare Stadium -L
10/12/13      Western Carolina Catamounts -Jordan-Hare Stadium -W
10/19/13      at Texas A&M Aggies -Kyle Field -L
10/26/13      Florida Atlantic Owls -Jordan-Hare Stadium -W
11/02/13      at Arkansas Razorbacks -D.W.R. Razorback Stadium -Fence lean towards L
11/09/13      at Tennessee Volunteers -Neyland Stadium -Fence

11/16/13      Georgia Bulldogs -Jordan-Hare Stadium -L
11/30/13      Alabama Crimson Tide -Jordan-Hare Stadium -L
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
That was mostly Todd's shoulder healing. Todd was a student of the game. Word was that he lived in the film room while the others lived it up. Even the year his shoulder was shot, he made good decisions. He just could not deliver the ball. He was a rare talent that the average fan had no clue about. Another healthy year and his records may not have been caught for a while.
I agree...I still stand by my Bet that Kiehl Frazier will not play another meaningful snap at QB.

One of my biggest problems with Gus's offense is that I think the QB has to be very smart....Kiehl= Auburn man..yes...smart not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
I too am sipping lightly on the orange and blue Kool-Ade, but like GF, just the memories of how incredibly bad we were makes me so cautious about having any real enthusiasm.  I still go back to my key that I've said several times.

This team flat out quit in several games in 2011 and totally mailed it in the last half of this past season.  Unfortunately, they had quit at the worst possible time having to end the season with a stretch of games against some of the best teams in the country.  Result...some of the ugliest losses in Auburn history.  So the question is whether this new staff is instilling toughness back into these guys and are they trying to establish some leaders on this team.

CGM's system will put points on the board as long as someone steps up at QB to run it at least somewhat effectively.  I really believe that in itself will put a charge in the whole team.  Not only was the defense bad last year, they also had nothing to play for, except pride and that went out the window a long time ago.  The offense was a 3 and out machine last year.  Consequently, by year's end, the D was just going through the motions and playing out the string.  And Texas A&M, Georgia and Bama took full advantage of it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
I agree...I still stand by my Bet that Kiehl Frazier will not play another meaningful snap at QB.

One of my biggest problems with Gus's offense is that I think the QB has to be very smart....Kiehl= Auburn man..yes...smart not so much.
RACIST COMMENT IN BOLD!!! And you probably don't like Obama either. But seriously though, it may be more of a lacking of the ability to process quickly enough. In other words, he may be a smart dude for all I know, but he can't seem to do what it takes to get us in right play and/or choose the right receiver.

Gus said he was the best QB in the nation coming out of HS. Did he mean it? I dunno. But, I am like you about the meaningful snaps. It will really, really surprise me--mainly based on who we have coming in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:45 PM »
RACIST COMMENT IN BOLD!!! And you probably don't like Obama either. But seriously though, it may be more of a lacking of the ability to process quickly enough. In other words, he may be a smart dude for all I know, but he can't seem to do what it takes to get us in right play and/or choose the right receiver.

Gus said he was the best QB in the nation coming out of HS. Did he mean it? I dunno. But, I am like you about the meaningful snaps. It will really, really surprise me--mainly based on who we have coming in.

We won't be expected to do anything this season, and rightfully so.  I'm of the opinion that if Wallace really catches on or either Johnson or Marshall can adequately run the offense, let em' have it and build for the future.  Kalil doesn't look to be our future IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 12:34:35 PM »
We won't be expected to do anything this season, and rightfully so.  I'm of the opinion that if Wallace really catches on or either Johnson or Marshall can adequately run the offense, let em' have it and build for the future.  Kalil doesn't look to be our future IMO.
Agree for the most part, I think. I want to win as many games as we can but I realize that we won't contend this year--so, I think the best investment for the future is pt for the future qb's. It's a balancing act.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
Listen I love the enthusiasm you bring, I used to have it. Last 2 years have sucked it out of me...we were at the pinacle and that should have stepped us forward into being a top ten perennial powerhouse.  Instead we took 50 steps back.

I just don't see 6-7 wins on our schedule? At most 6 but quite honestly I don't think we will beat Arkansas, and I think we will struggle with Arkansas State and Tennessee.

11/02/13      at Arkansas Razorbacks -D.W.R. Razorback Stadium -Fence lean towards L

And I don't think you're being pessimistic at all. It's called being realistic. Last couple of years we failed to see obvious signs of fail in the program and were overly optimistic. I too expect the worst this year and will be pleasantly surprised if we win more than 6. This will take a couple of years to fully fix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:09 PM »

Care to wager on whether or not we go over .500?

I think we do.

Your assessment above is basically assuming we're the same team as last year.

I don't think we are. I could be wrong, but I by no means think Ole Miss & MSU are automatic L's. Not yet, at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

I think we do.

I don't think we are. I could be wrong, but I by no means think Ole Miss & MSU are automatic L's. Not yet, at least.

GF, I agree with most of what you have except MissStake. I don't think they have much more in the tank than we do. I'd lean towards W on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »

I think we do.

I think 7-5 is a legit possibility with 8 being a stretch. At the same time, .500 is a legit possibility. I would not bet large either way, however, I will bet large on the A Day game if I get AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:43 PM »
I think 7-5 is a legit possibility with 8 being a stretch. At the same time, .500 is a legit possibility. I would not bet large either way, however, I will bet large on the A Day game if I get AU.

No way we win that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
No way we win that one.
Put your money where your mouth is. Well, depending on where your mouth is right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
I guess I think .500 is our basement, whereas it appears to be your ceiling.

So let's say .500 is a push.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »
Barring offseason attrition, I think we'll be better.

We WILL be better at quarterback.  I don't think I've ever seen a quarterback situation as bad as we had last year.  Malzahn has always improved the quarterback play no matter where he's gone.  Even in 2011, we had light years better quarterbacking than we did last year. 

Therefore, I believe we'll be better at quarterback.

Also, the playcalling last year was atrocious.  It never made sense.  It lacked a gameplan, lacked aggression, and lacked general common sense.

Malzahn will call much better games.  He'll get the ball in Tre Mason's hands.  He'll call quick screens and outs and in and all the other fast plays he runs to keep the defense on their heels.  Our offense may not be that much improved, but it will be able to score a few points.  Maybe only 20, but I think that'll be enough to win 6 games.

Defensively, Ellis Johnson brings in a wealth of experience, and if Owens and Frost can be mediocre, we'll be better than that putrid bullshit we saw last season with Holland playing every down all year.  All we need on defense is guys that can tackle.  Gene Chizik is gone.  Auburn has ALWAYS tackled well, and the only time Auburn has not tackled well was when Chizik was head coach.

We'll tackle better.  We'll be better on offense.  We'll have more discipline and direction and perseverance.  We'll beat those that we absolutely should: Wash State, Ark State, Western Carolina, and Florida Atlantic. 

We'll beat at least one of the Mississippi schools, and we'll beat Arkansas or Tennessee. 

Considering how bad Arkansas and Tennessee were last year and how much they lost, I have high hopes we can beat both. 

6-6, 7-5.  Maybe an easy draw in the bowl game to gain momentum for 2014. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »
I see 8 wins, with a possibility of 9, and that's being conservative.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »

I think we do.

Your assumption is that we aren't.

In actuality I don't think we will be the same team as last year, I think we win more than 3.

I won't bet on it because I hope I am wrong. I have never hoped more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »
I see 8 wins, with a possibility of 9, and that's being conservative.
You really need to stop sniffing the kitty litter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
You really need to stop sniffing the kitty litter.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. Its some good shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
That's spice to know nothings. Apparently there have been shifts in the line as of late.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/auburns_interior_line_shuffle.html

"We've seen some flashes the last few days of things we like when (Kozan) plays some guard and some center," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said. "We've got a bunch of those guys at the internal spots -- center and guard -- that are moving a lot."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
I snort synthetic kitty litter.  Still legal in all 50 states.

I have no idea about the wins/losses total.  We were such unbelievable suckage last year that I don't know if we really didn't have much talent or the staff was so bad and completely lost the team.  If it's the latter, then just the renewed attitude and game plan on both sides of the ball should double our win total.  In addition, getting guys in the right places should be a big boost. 

But then, what if Patrick Miller and Chad Slade really can't block a damn soul?  What if Jeffrey Whittaker really can't get off a block to save his life?  What if C. McKinzy and K-Frost really are mildly retarded and can't recognize the difference in a Power-I and a spread offense? What if Sammie Coates is never going to catch a football consistently? I just don't know until I see what they do against WSU.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions