Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2013 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
You are a rat bastard 4th Battalion vajayjay.

Fuck you very much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
The Braves win in walk-off fashion last night with A. Simmons driving in the winning run in the 10th.  Trying to help out the Cards with 2 straight wins over the Pirates. 

I have to find something negative though.  Last night, Gattis came up to pinch hit. (Intentionally walked) The announcers were talking about what a great year he was having but said twice....Freddie can't find a place for him with the resurgence of BJ Upton and Jason Heyward.  Resurgence???  I know BJ has hit a couple of home runs lately but last night's HR "raised" his average to .155.  2 home runs in 5,266 at bats doth not a resurgence make. 

The Braves are playing as well as anyone right now with 3 starters batting well under .200.  Just think where they'd be if these guys could bat even .240
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
The Braves win in walk-off fashion last night with A. Simmons driving in the winning run in the 10th.  Trying to help out the Cards with 2 straight wins over the Pirates. 

And we respond by losing in the 14th.  I don't think we've won an extra inning game this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »
Um, you should turn on the Braves game ASAP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
Hah, nevermind.  Jinx.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2013, 03:28:43 PM »
5-0 one hit shutout.  Color me impressed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
5-0 one hit shutout.  Color me impressed.

Your choice:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
For the Wench,

stolt from the sportspickle,

1. The Houston Astros is a baseball organization that plays in Major League Baseball, widely considered the premier professional baseball league in the world!

2. The 2013 Astros will have an All-Star!

3. This year the Astros have beaten nine different MLB teams! The Rangers, Mariners, Angels, Indians, Yankees, Tigers, Pirates and Royals have all fallen to the Astros!

4. The Astros beat the New York Yankees, 9-1, on April 29, 2013. The Yankees have a $200 million payroll and own the most championships in baseball history, yet they lost by eight runs to the Astros!

5. None of the Astros' players have tested positive for steroids this year!

6. Roger Clemens, one of the greatest pitchers in history, is the team's special assistant to the general manager!

7. The Astros also have a reliever named Paul Clemens (no relation)!

8. Manager Bo Porter has NEVER been fired as a MLB manager!

9. Astros first baseman Carlos Pena was once considered one of the premier power hitting prospects in baseball! He was also portrayed in the Oscar-nominated movie Moneyball!

10. Pitcher Erik Bedard is one of the greatest French-speaking baseball players of all-time!

11. The Astros have a better record than the Marlins, who have won two World Series title in the past 15 years!

Filed Under   MLB   Houston Astros
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »
For the Wench,

1. The Houston Astros is a baseball organization that plays in Major League Baseball, widely considered the premier professional baseball league in the world!

3. This year the Astros have beaten nine different MLB teams! The Rangers, Mariners, Angels, Indians, Yankees, Tigers, Pirates and Royals have all fallen to the Astros!

4. The Astros beat the New York Yankees, 9-1, on April 29, 2013. The Yankees have a $200 million payroll and own the most championships in baseball history, yet they lost by eight runs to the Astros!

6. Roger Clemens, one of the greatest pitchers in history, is the team's special assistant to the general manager!

9. Astros first baseman Carlos Pena was once considered one of the premier power hitting prospects in baseball! He was also portrayed in the Oscar-nominated movie Moneyball!

10. Pitcher Erik Bedard is one of the greatest French-speaking baseball players of all-time!

11. The Astros have a better record than the Marlins, who have won two World Series title in the past 15 years!

Filed Under   MLB   Houston Astros

She's probably just gonna say "fuck you". And it will be hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
For the Wench,

The path of the righteous but untalented man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish fucking owners and the tyranny of evil greedy men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, agonizes and suffers over the weak Suckasstros as they crawl like mewling newborn kittens through the valley of darkness that is the AL, for she is truly her brother's keeper and the rememberer of lost indignities, since lo, it is only her memory of their former glory that abideth them in her heart still. So keep it up, sunshine.  Because I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers, because ONE DAY, asshole, ONE DAY - baseball in its true form shall return to Houston. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee in the form of a taunting that even the French knights would find shocking.

Oh, and fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
The path of the righteous but untalented man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish fucking owners and the tyranny of evil greedy men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, agonizes and suffers over the weak Suckasstros as they crawl like mewling newborn kittens through the valley of darkness that is the AL, for she is truly her brother's keeper and the rememberer of lost indignities, since lo, it is only her memory of their former glory that abideth them in her heart still. So keep it up, sunshine.  Because I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers, because ONE DAY, asshole, ONE DAY - baseball in its true form shall return to Houston. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee in the form of a taunting that even the French knights would find shocking.

Oh, and fuck you.

God...I want to have your babies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
I finally got to watch the Braves on Sunday night, and I realized that I don't know half of the current players on this years roster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2013, 12:26:45 AM »
I finally got to watch the Braves on Sunday night, and I realized that I don't know half of the current players on this years roster.

The Suckasstros (hey, my iPad does an auto fill on that word now... Sweet.) are trading pitcher Bud Norris tomorrow. That means there is exactly one player left on the team that I have heard of before - Jason Castro, the catcher.

The local car dealers have to pay extra for the caption that says "Houston Astros Player" or else the spokesman in their commercial is just a random dude in a jersey. No idea who the fuck they are.

*sigh* This is so fucking depressing. I love baseball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »
Where we at?  A little over 50 games to go in the season and the Braves have opened up an 11 game lead.  The memory of Gonzales' Goons blowing about the same lead a couple of years ago is still fresh so I'm not counting said chickens before they hatch.  However, this team does appear to be gaining momentum right now as opposed to trying to hold on.  On a 6 game win streak and the last 3 against the Rockies have been fun to watch.  Everyone in the line up is hitting the way you know they can...except Chopp...err, Uggla, who just fell back below the Mendoza line.  But I've come to accept that he's rarely going to get on base, but he will wind up with good production.  21 HR and 51 RBI so....

The Braves are hot right now but realistically, they've been barely above .500 since the 12-1 start so I know it will tighten up before it's over.  The Cardinals are showing a Jap...wait...a Taiwanese...no...a Chink in the armor, having lost 6 straight but the reality is, one of their best players went on the DL and they've been on the road to the two hottest teams, besides L.A., in the National League.  The race between them and the Pirates is going to be fun to watch but I expect the Cards to come out on top.  Don't think it'll matter because one will win the division and the other should be the wild card.  Yes, the Dodgers are on fiyah and energized by You Squeal Pig, but I think they're peaking way too early and should drop back to the pack.

Question: anyone ever seen what Texas has done the last 3 nights?  3 walk-off homers.  Dizzam!!!!  It may have been done before but that's some pretty bad ass stuff right there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
Braves win again, 9-2 runs on 15 hits.  Cards uh-nye-uh-late the Pirates, 13-0. That'll cure a lot of ills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »
Braves win again, 9-2 runs on 15 hits.  Cards uh-nye-uh-late the Pirates, 13-0. That'll cure a lot of ills.

Pirates are good.  Really good.  Hard to believe that it's been since the Sid Bream Slide that they had a winning record.  Have the Braves played them yet this year?

Cards have something like 18 of the next 24 games at home, and really need to get on a winning streak to make up for the 3-8 road trip.  Included in that 18 games at home is a 3 game set vs ATL and a 3 game set vs PIT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2013, 06:49:39 AM »
Pirates are good.  Really good.  Hard to believe that it's been since the Sid Bream Slide that they had a winning record.  Have the Braves played them yet this year?

Yeah. We're 4-3 against them. Swept them the last time in a series in June.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »
I've got nothing.  Comfortably in third and losing ground.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
Comfortably 2 games ahead of the Brewers...I can't complain any more than I normally do this time of year.
Oh how I miss the Astros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2013, 04:06:28 PM »
Oh how I miss the Astros.

You know they suck when she lets a few days go by without responding to that one.  So I'll say it for her...  Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions