Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stay On Him

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Stay On Him
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
asta la copypasta al.com

AUBURN, Alabama -- Building relationships has been the key to the recruiting process for five-star Auburn High linebacker Reuben Foster.  Fresh off of an MVP performance in the Under Armour All-America Game last week, Foster took an unofficial visit to Auburn on Sunday to start building relationships with Gus Malzahn's new staff after de-committing in December following the release of Chizik's staff.

Foster, for the most part, played his cards close to the vest on where he's leaning in the recruiting process, but Auburn's new coaching staff impressed the highly-coveted linebacker, the state's highest-rated prospect.  "It was just good getting to know them, being with all the coaches, all the staff, just getting to know the other people who are coming here," Foster said. "It gave me some time just to sit down and just think, you know, get to know them better, and start building that family relationship with them." 

Foster, a 6-foot-2, 228-pounder who is widely rated as the nation's best linebacker prospect and turned in six tackles and 2.5 tackles-for-loss at the Under Armour All-America Game, de-committed after former wide receivers coach Trooper Taylor was released, citing his relationship with the assistant.  But he liked new Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson, who reminds the linebacker of his granddad and would also be his position coach with the Tigers. 

"I think a whole lot of him, highly of him," Foster said. "He's old, and you know, he's kind of funny and sweet, but I think he's very cool. Out of the whole group, that's my guy."  Foster said Johnson reminded him of his granddad, then said he was impressed by the veteran coach's experience before saying that he planned to go home and start making decisions on where he will take his official visits

Foster can take five official visits before national signing day on Feb. 6, the day he tentatively plans to announce his decision from among a group of schools that includes Auburn, Alabama and Georgia.

“I’m not going to take all five of them so I’m getting ready to call coaches,” Foster said. “I don’t know which ones, I just know there are going to be about two upset. I’ll take about three."  After living right down the road and playing at Auburn High, where Foster made 80 tackles, 10 tackles-for-loss and two sacks, Foster isn't sure if one of those official visits will be to Auburn. 

He's already familiar with Auburn's campus, although he said he's still considering an official visit to the Tigers.  And after building a relationship with Johnson, Foster says Auburn could factor into his final decision.

“He’s got a lot of experience,” Foster said. “They’ve got a lot going on from what I see and hear. They should be good in the future. Do I want to be a part of it? Maybe, but I’m still thinking.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

Re: Stay On Him
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »
Good chance this kid stays with Auburn in the end. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:37 PM »
Good chance this kid stays with Auburn in the end.

I mean every day he looks in the mirror and says, "Do I really want to deal with the crap from this tattoo elsewhere?" 

Don't seem like much but....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
"I think a whole lot of him, highly of him," Foster said. "He's old, and you know, he's kind of funny and sweet, but I think he's very cool.
LOL at the backhanded compliment, there.

I'm trying not to be vocal about it, but I can't fuckin see this kid with a big-assed AU tattoo on his forearm going anywhere else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:59 PM »
LOL at the backhanded compliment, there.

I'm trying not to be vocal about it, but I can't fuckin see this kid with a big-assed AU tattoo on his forearm going anywhere else.

I'm the same way.  Still can't get over the last couple of years when we've seen the mouthbreathers pull the rug out from under us on several guys.  When Lord Saybinz got to the crapstoned and started raking in top classes, we all said it was easy because they had needs at virtually every position.  He could offer immediate playing time.  Well....if a linebacker wants immediate playing time in the SEC West, look no further.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:57:42 PM »
I'm the same way.  Still can't get over the last couple of years when we've seen the mouthbreathers pull the rug out from under us on several guys.  When Lord Saybinz got to the crapstoned and started raking in top classes, we all said it was easy because they had needs at virtually every position.  He could offer immediate playing time.  Well....if a linebacker wants immediate playing time in the SEC West, look no further.   

I think he will have to go through Jake to get some playing time.

Everybody else did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »
But we're stacked at linebacker, right. Just ask Jake.
I think he will have to go through Jake to get some playing time.

Everybody else did.

That was then, this is now. Jake may end up on the sidelines for most of this year. I did a youtube search for "Jake Holland Tackles" can came up with one collegiate level video.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
But we're stacked at linebacker, right. Just ask Jake.
That was then, this is now. Jake may end up on the sidelines for most of this year. I did a youtube search for "Jake Holland Tackles" can came up with one collegiate level video.

That dude has the best missing tackle form I have ever seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
Im surprised Jake still has ankles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »

That dude has the best missing tackle form I have ever seen.
I swear, I don't wanna be around when Jake finds you one of these days. He's gonna go Rambo on some ass. I'm sure glad I've always been supportive of his play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
I swear, I don't wanna be around when Jake finds you one of these days. He's gonna go Rambo on some ass. I'm sure glad I've always been supportive of his play.

Suckass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »

I'll bet you $100.00 he misses me on the first try. And most likley second one too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »
I'll bet you $100.00 he misses me on the first try. And most likley second one too.
Maybe so but his hair looks sexier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
Maybe so but his hair looks sexier.

Not since he cut it all off.  I was hoping for the reverse Samson affect when he did, but nope, he still sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 01:50:01 AM »
If I was Foster I would go to Alabama.... :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 04:29:49 AM »
If I was Foster I would go to Alabama.... :facepalm:
You would look better in a new Charger Mr. Foster.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »
You would look better in a new Charger Mr. Foster.
Chargers and Crystal balls doesn't sound like a bad deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

noxin

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
Chargers and Crystal balls doesn't sound like a bad deal.

All the Krystals balls you can gum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
Jacob Hester got a longhorn tat and went to lswho. Just saying 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
Jacob Hester got a longhorn tat and went to lswho. Just saying
I've got a tat of a naked Hawaiian beauty and married this drunk whore I met at a bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions