Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kamryn Melton

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Kamryn Melton
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
copy de la pasta al.com

Good quick read on Melton.  Played in the AL/Miss all star game and was said to be the best DB on the field.  Nice to see "Committed to the school".

Kamryn Melton's message as National Signing Day approaches is simple.

"War Eagle all day," the Dothan cornerback said this week. 
Melton, a three-star recruit rated No. 15 on al.com's A-List of top players in the state, committed to the Tigers last February and has been solid since then.  When Auburn fired Gene Chizik, he took a wait-and-see attitude on who was next.  When Gus Malzahn was hired, he was still "All in."

"I think he was like everyone else," Dothan coach Kelvis White said. "He wanted to see who was hired and what schemes were going to be involved. Once he met coach (Charlie) Harbison and coach (Ellis) Johnson and I think he's talked with coach Malzahn on the phone a few times, he was pretty pleased. 

"I think more than anything he committed to the school, more than the coaches. He wants to play for Auburn, and that's a good thing."

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Melton had 64 tackles, two interceptions and eight pass break-ups for Dothan this past season. He returned seven punts for 159 yards and nine kickoffs for 168 yards. He also had two pass receptions for 31 yards.  Melton said he has talked to most of the coaches on Auburn's new defensive staff, including secondary coach Melvin Smith.

"They are old-school coaches," he said. "They are going to teach us to do things the right way. They want us to be the greatest we can be. I've already developed a good relationship with coach Smith, and I can't wait to get up there."  Melton said he will take his official visit to Auburn this weekend and then his recruiting will be "done."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Kamryn Melton
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »
I have heard great things about this young man. Red shirt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »
I have heard great things about this young man. Red shirt.
Same here.
The Cunningham kid from Pinson H.S. looks really good too, a little light but he's still growing at 6'4" and can get there in a hurry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »
Dayum, that's a big boy at 205 and 6'4". http://www.trussvilletribune.com/?p=2964
Didn't we make an offer to this kid when he was in the fifth grade?
Killer closing speed but def needs pounds and muscle.
Everybody he hits goes backwards. I like.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:00:00 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »
Dayum, that's a big boy at 205 and 6'4". http://www.trussvilletribune.com/?p=2964
Didn't we make an offer to this kid when he was in the fifth grade?
Killer closing speed but def needs pounds and muscle.
Everybody he hits goes backwards. I like.

Recent verbal Brandon King, WR Kyrin Priester and Cunningham all expected to visit this Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions