Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Elementary School Shooting

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Exactly.

All y'all who are even slightly considering anything that idiot bottomfeeder said are idiots yourselves.  The stages of grief include denial - and people grieve in very different ways.  I have no problem with imagining that man smiling as he spoke of his beloved daughter - I smile all the time thinking about my kids and silly things they have done.  He has still not wrapped his mind around the fact that his daughter is GONE FOREVER - and even when he reaches that realization, it does not mean that he cannot smile at some happy memory or some funny story.  It's called smiling through your tears, and for you assholes or anyone else to insinuate that there is something off about this man's reaction is ludicrous.

Not only that?  He probably realized as he approached the mike that he'd better stop smiling, regardless of the reason WHY he was smiling, or assholes like bottomfeeder would read more into it than he intended.

I was only referring to his comment in regards to the govt using every incident to enact knee jerk legislation that does more harm than good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
Who are the Mayans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
Exactly.

All y'all who are even slightly considering anything that idiot bottomfeeder said are idiots yourselves.  The stages of grief include denial - and people grieve in very different ways.  I have no problem with imagining that man smiling as he spoke of his beloved daughter - I smile all the time thinking about my kids and silly things they have done.  He has still not wrapped his mind around the fact that his daughter is GONE FOREVER - and even when he reaches that realization, it does not mean that he cannot smile at some happy memory or some funny story.  It's called smiling through your tears, and for you assholes or anyone else to insinuate that there is something off about this man's reaction is ludicrous.

Not only that?  He probably realized as he approached the mike that he'd better stop smiling, regardless of the reason WHY he was smiling, or assholes like bottomfeeder would read more into it than he intended.
I think I made it pretty clear that a widespread conspiracy theory claiming the whole thing is false, and virtually everything that bottomfeeder has said regarding this (and pretty much anything else) is batshit insane.

I'm just saying, I was fully prepared to lash out at him, then watched the video and was like, "Well, I'll be damned...that is really strange." I guess more from a sociological standpoint. I can't imagine painting a smile and chuckling right after my daughter was gunned down, but maybe that's just me. Then the quickchange was offputting as well. Does that mean that the Sandy Hook incident is entirely fictional? That is beyond insane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
I think I made it pretty clear that a widespread conspiracy theory claiming the whole thing is false, and virtually everything that bottomfeeder has said regarding this (and pretty much anything else) is batshoot insane.

I'm just saying, I was fully prepared to lash out at him, then watched the video and was like, "Well, I'll be damned...that is really strange." I guess more from a sociological standpoint. I can't imagine painting a smile and chuckling right after my daughter was gunned down, but maybe that's just me. Then the quickchange was offputting as well. Does that mean that the Sandy Hook incident is entirely fictional? That is beyond insane.
Too late. We can already tell that you spend your spare time looking for crop circles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
I think I made it pretty clear that a widespread conspiracy theory claiming the whole thing is false, and virtually everything that bottomfeeder has said regarding this (and pretty much anything else) is batshit insane.

He may have been a paid actor to fill in for the real family members who didn't wish to be interviewed.

Then we have this jagoff Rockefeller. Pfft.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/121218_12578.shtml
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
Exactly.

I'm so glad we have a mind-reader/psychoanalyst here. I was beginning to think I was crazy.

The seven emotional stages of grief are shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope.

Soooo....where in here does it say that laughter/smiling is part of shock? Within 12 hours of the occurrence he should have still been in shock. IMO.

http://www.medicinenet.com/loss_grief_and_bereavement/article.htm

I'm sorry. I'm just not buying what you're selling, Tiger Wrench.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/complicated-grief/DS01023/DSECTION=symptoms

http://www.webmd.com/balance/tc/grief-and-grieving-symptoms
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:31:14 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »
I'm not half as think as you crazy I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »
Who are the Mayans?
Mayonaise industry PAC. Apparently, they promote the ending of the world so that people will stock up on mayo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
Piers Morgan likes to use the example of how the UK fags enacted strict gun control after the 1996 Dublane massacre. What he fails to elaborate on is that in the five years after the homicide rate by guns went up 4 fold in the UK and at BEST we're at the levels they were at the year of the massacre. The laws didn't lower the gun fatality rates a bit in fact making them worse. To add more, there have been gun massacres since this happened. There have been more in the 15 yrs since then the 15 years before. Gun control laws do not work... Period.
I'm curious. Link?

I have seen that there hasn't been a school shooting since, and homicides involving firearms have dramatically decreased. I'm assuming non-gun-related homicides escalated even more dramatically?

You know where I stand on this issue, but I'm just curious where you got that information from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
I'm curious. Link?

I have seen that there hasn't been a school shooting since, and homicides involving firearms have dramatically decreased. I'm assuming non-gun-related homicides escalated even more dramatically?

You know where I stand on this issue, but I'm just curious where you got that information from.

He made it up just now....as he sat there.  It was a creative opportunity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
Mayonaise industry PAC. Apparently, they promote the ending of the world so that people will stock up on mayo.

Not to be confused with Louise Gossett Jr or Richard Gere's characters in "An officer and a Gentleman"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:47 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-na-nn-sandy-hook-connecticut-school-shooting-20121214,0,1650719.story?page=2

This?
On Friday morning, her husband, Chris, went to help make gingerbread houses in the first-grade class of the couple’s daughter. As he approached the school, he heard popping sounds, then smelled sulfur.

He attempted to reach his daughter by going around the side of the school. Police had arrived by then, stopped him and briefly handcuffed him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
This?
Thats who other people on the web tend to think it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:06 AM »
I'm curious. Link?

From a second amendment foundation study that included cites:

By year six since the 1997 handgun ban, crimes with the very weapons banned more than doubled, and firearm crime increased markedly.iii In 2002, for the fourth consecutive year, gun crime in England and Wales rose—by 35 percent for all firearms, and by a whopping 46 percent for the banned handguns. Nearly 10,000 firearms offences were committed.iv

The main mass shooting that comes to mind in the UK since Dunblane is the Cumbria incident. Basically the point is, gun control didn't stop it. Banning all guns didn't stop it. It happens with or without gun control because a deranged loon is going to find a way to accomplish their goal, gun control or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »
Well, according to CNN the shooter had an assault weapon that never left the backseat his car. He used handguns to do the deed.

A CNN reporter said police recovered three weapons at the scene: a Glock and a Sig-Sauer, which are handguns, as well as a .223 Bushmaster rifle. The rifle was in the back seat of the car the gunman drove to the school, the handguns were inside the school. The car belonged to Nancy Lanza.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/20346133/reports-of-multiple-dead-including-1-child-from-ct-elementary-school-shooting

The discrepancy is obvious. Either the news reports are incorrect, the medical examiner is wrong, or someone other than Adam Lanza shot the children.
http://lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts382.html

Other reports have him shooting out a window to gain access into the school. I didn't bother to research that because how he gained access is of little consequence, now. What I do know is Gulf Shores is proactive in protecting their kids with $50,000 approved yesterday for security and bullet-proof glass in the plans for the near future. Obviously the sales of bullet-proof glass will skyrocket along with the price. Assault weapon sales have skyrocketed in anticipation of a ban. The market economy is being manipulated by this event, and can be quite profitable if you know how to play it. Sadly, it won't bring back those babies which is the part that hurts me the most. I cannot heal the pain with money and I'll not play the market to profit on such a tragedy, however, there are those who will. The cold-hearted fucks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:15:07 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »
Thats who other people on the web tend to think it was.

I tend to this so too. Adam was nothing more that a patsy who looked guilty before he even was considered a suspect (dead men don't testify). He too is a victim of the government run system.

"So another mass-murder conducted by a product of government schools, in a government school, under the government-recommended/mandated care of a government-employed/licensed shrink, on government-approved and government-promoted mind-altering drugs, in a government-mandated weapon-free zone, protected by a government agency the government claims 'serves and protects' (though it is incapable of doing so). Clearly the problem is guns." (Thanks to Sam)

https://www.facebook.com/LewRockwell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
I tend to this so too. Adam was nothing more that a patsy who looked guilty before he even was considered a suspect (dead men don't testify). He too is a victim of the government run system.

That's an almost perfect quote.

I would change it to this:

"So another mass-murder conducted by a product of government schools, in a government school, under the government-recommended/mandated care of a government-employed/licensed shrink, on government-approved and government-promoted mind-altering drugs, in a government-mandated weapon-free zone, protected by a government agency the government claims 'serves and protects' (though it is incapable of doing so).  Then, the perpetrator is one of many that are known by the government to being enabled by their parents.  Clearly the solution relies with the government."

It's not so much identifying the problem.  We know what the problem is.  The issue here is figuring out where the solution comes from.  So many are flocking to the government, which is going to be ineffective. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »
That's an almost perfect quote.

I would change it to this:

"So another mass-murder conducted by a product of government schools, in a government school, under the government-recommended/mandated care of a government-employed/licensed shrink, on government-approved and government-promoted mind-altering drugs, in a government-mandated weapon-free zone, protected by a government agency the government claims 'serves and protects' (though it is incapable of doing so).  Then, the perpetrator is one of many that are known by the government to being enabled by their parents.  Clearly the solution relies with the government."

It's not so much identifying the problem.  We know what the problem is.  The issue here is figuring out where the solution comes from.  So many are flocking to the government, which is going to be ineffective.

I'll accept that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions