funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: We Fired Everybody
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:52:56 PM »

Although this will cost us some high profile recruits, I can understand his wanting to start fresh. Damn, I wanted to see Foster in o&b.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
At least he got that right
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
I agree with this decision made by Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
At least he got that right
Culture change.
People don't take to change well.
Good for you Gus, make it yours.
 :facepalm: God I hope he knows what he's doing.

Says to me if you think I'm soft you better think again and...I am in charge here.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:22:36 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
Good move by Gus. The best way to make a fresh start is to sweep the floor clean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
Ellis Johnson accepts DC position per Cole Cubelic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »
The more I think about this, I'm not so sure. We have (had) a top notch recruiting class. We have an OL coach that Texas tried to get 2 yrs ago. One of the better special teams in years. I just don't know that a  shotgun firing was what we need. Rifle, yes. Shotgun, I'm not sold.

He coached with them, so I hope he knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
Uhh about that...

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

In reality, nothing has changed. Auburn's staff was released after Gene Chizik's dismissal. Told they could re-interview with new HC...

...that's what's happening. Those that wish to stay, it will be up to Gus Malzahn and new coordinators.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
Uhh about that...

In reality, nothing has changed. Auburn's staff was released after Gene Chizik's dismissal. Told they could re-interview with new HC...

...that's what's happening. Those that wish to stay, it will be up to Gus Malzahn and new coordinators.

That's what I figured. 

However, I bet Trooper Taylor isn't out recruiting any time soon unless we hire him back really quickly.

Not that I necessarily want Trooper back.  I hope Malzahn realizes that one group of high school kids won't save the program.  Hire the best coaches, and then we'll go recruiting.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
That's what I figured. 

However, I bet Trooper Taylor isn't out recruiting any time soon unless we hire him back really quickly.

Not that I necessarily want Trooper back.  I hope Malzahn realizes that one group of high school kids won't save the program.  Hire the best coaches, and then we'll go recruiting.
I can understand that we need to start fresh but I also think we do have SOME good coaches. And we especially need to try to keep some semblance of this recruiting class together. It's his baby and it's his ass on the line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Although this will cost us some high profile recruits, I can understand his wanting to start fresh. Damn, I wanted to see Foster in o&b.
I think that Foster is coming regardless.  The kid has an AU tattoo on his forearm for crying out loud.  Just a thought, but when you listen to some of these recruits, it sounds like Trooper is almost holding his job hostage.  You keep hearing all of these kids say "If Trooper is let go, I'm gone too."  At some point he should be the professional and say "Hey, if you don't want to go to Auburn, don't go.  But don't make your decision based on me."  Just my opinion.  I just think that it's odd how alot of these kids have come out in unison about Trooper.  He should have sold them on the school itself, not who recruited you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »
I think that Foster is coming regardless.  The kid has an AU tattoo on his forearm for crying out loud.  Just a thought, but when you listen to some of these recruits, it sounds like Trooper is almost holding his job hostage.  You keep hearing all of these kids say "If Trooper is let go, I'm gone too."  At some point he should be the professional and say "Hey, if you don't want to go to Auburn, don't go.  But don't make your decision based on me."  Just my opinion.  I just think that it's odd how alot of these kids have come out in unison about Trooper.  He should have sold them on the school itself, not who recruited you.
I actually agree with your opinion. But what you said about RF isn't exactly a given. Foster has said that where Trooper is will be a big factor in where he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »
Shhhiiiiiiiitttttt. Troop could spray paint a fucking turd red paint a white A on it and sell it to a goat fucker. Then again, anyone can do that. Point is Trooper just pisses everyone in the SEC off because he is damn good at what he does. Hence your little pissy fit above me. With that said go fuck a goat Harvey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
Shhhiiiiiiiitttttt. Troop could spray paint a fucking turd red paint a white A on it and sell it to a goat fucker. Then again, anyone can do that. Point is Trooper just pisses everyone in the SEC off because he is damn good at what he does. Hence your little pissy fit above me. With that said go fuck a goat Harvey.
I don't have a problem with Trooper.  I have never said anything negative about him...ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
I don't have a problem with Trooper.  I have never said anything negative about him...ever.
I think he is a terrific recruiter, horrible WR coach... and everybody's buddy.
He might make a good recuiting coordinator. He knows the territory and I don't think Auburn would like to recruit against him.
It's up to Gus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
Apparently, Gus fired Yox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »
With that said go fuck a goat Harvey.

I see you don't know RWS very well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
You just did you drunk SOB.  :facepalm:

I think he is a terrific recruiter, horrible WR coach... and everybody's buddy.
He might make a good recuiting coordinator. He knows the territory and I don't think Auburn would like to recruit against him.
It's up to Gus!
Adams and Zachery turned into All-Sec caliber players under him. I give him a pass this year due to QB play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions