Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We Fired Everybody

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: We Fired Everybody
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
You just did you drunk SOB.  :facepalm:
Adams and Zachery turned into All-Sec caliber players under him. I give him a pass this year due to QB play.

I have to agree with jmar. I have seen some bad traits in the WR's during his tenure. Granted he is way better than Knox so our expectations were low.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
You just did you drunk SOB.  :facepalm:
It's an observation, and I don't think that I'm that far off the mark.  Don't lump me in with those that talk shit about the guy.  I just don't think that the situation is being handled the way it should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »
I have to agree with jmar. I have seen some bad traits in the WR's during his tenure. Granted he is way better than Knox so our expectations were low.

Adams and Zachery were also tubs holdovers. After them, what? Besides on and off Blake, nada.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
Adams and Zachery were also tubs holdovers. After them, what? Besides on and off Blake, nada.
The one thing that sticks out to me is that our WR's blocked great in 2010. Phenomenal compared to the Knox years. Our route running seemed to vastly improve over Knox years too. How much was Gus and how much TT? Last two years? I don't know. QB play certainly plays into it but I've been underwhelmed in passing game--obviously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
Maybe its just me but I seen lots of times this year where receivers were running free and the ball wasn't delivered/over thrown/wrong read. I also envoke the powers of the Auburn Ledgends Search Committee. Guy was a great coach. I'm blaming Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
Wait a minute. Did he flush the previous regime or not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Maybe its just me but I seen lots of times this year where receivers were running free and the ball wasn't delivered/over thrown/wrong read. I also envoke the powers of the Auburn Ledgends Search Committee. Guy was a great coach. I'm blaming Chizik.
They haven't worked together.
Our QBs can't read cover keys and the receivers can't either. No clue.   (not incl. Blake)

Ever see our QBs throw a corner fade? 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:49:23 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
Wait a minute. Did he flush the previous regime or not?
Waiting to see who gets reconstituted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
Waiting to see who gets reconstituted.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:24 PM »

Nah that's just Pickard exhibiting patience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »
I agree with this decision made by Malzahn.

Tells me a lot about the prior staff.  Smart move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
I'm so happy and I hope this is true
Been told by multiple prospects today that former Auburn asst Trooper Taylor says he expects to be brought back.
From Kipp Adams/Espn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
Just my armchair QB observation on Trooper.  Like many have said, would love to see the guy stay for his recruiting abilities.  He can flat out handle his duties there.  I honestly don't know enough about playing or coaching WR to say what kind of corch he is.  We had no complaints in 09' or 2010' but when your offense goes from:

Cam to Trotter

Senior O-line with 8 bazwillion starts between them to Sullen, Slade and true Fr. Dismukes

240 lb. fullback to no fullback and your All SEC TE playing totally out of position

Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachary to Blake and um....nobody

...you tend to start pointing fingers.  JMO.

My one and only reservation with Trooper is...as some have also said...whether he's as much a part of the lack of discipline as anything else.  Is he everyone's friend and players don't fear him?  When we all saw Chizik blowing up a player and Trooper stepping in and taking that player away from Chizik...is that what he's all about?  I honestly don't know, but it does appear that way to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »
Just my armchair QB observation on Trooper.  Like many have said, would love to see the guy stay for his recruiting abilities.  He can flat out handle his duties there.  I honestly don't know enough about playing or coaching WR to say what kind of corch he is.  We had no complaints in 09' or 2010' but when your offense goes from:

Cam to Trotter

Senior O-line with 8 bazwillion starts between them to Sullen, Slade and true Fr. Dismukes

240 lb. fullback to no fullback and your All SEC TE playing totally out of position

Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachary to Blake and um....nobody

...you tend to start pointing fingers.  JMO.

My one and only reservation with Trooper is...as some have also said...whether he's as much a part of the lack of discipline as anything else.  Is he everyone's friend and players don't fear him?  When we all saw Chizik blowing up a player and Trooper stepping in and taking that player away from Chizik...is that what he's all about?  I honestly don't know, but it does appear that way to me.
Actually I like what he did with Chizik. He obviously didn't agree with him which isn't a bad thing. Now is it? And btw, Chizik was in the wrong there. Trooper was right. Just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Actually I like what he did with Chizik. He obviously didn't agree with him which isn't a bad thing. Now is it? And btw, Chizik was in the wrong there. Trooper was right. Just saying.

I don't think Snaggle is talking about the incident you are thinking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
I don't think Snaggle is talking about the incident you are thinking.

I'm thinking of the one where Chizik incorrectly chewed out a player for something he didn't do. The player and troop were trying to tell him that but chiz wasn't having it. To me that sums up exactly why Gene was a bad HC. His timing with everything was awful. The time to chew out players and put  through the motions was at practice and when they START breaking rules. Not on national tv when they didnt do anything wrong. He was just all kinds of fucked up in regards to discipline.

Anyone have a link to the video Im referring to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »
I'm thinking of the one where Chizik incorrectly chewed out a player for something he didn't do. The player and troop were trying to tell him that but chiz wasn't having it. To me that sums up exactly why Gene was a bad HC. His timing with everything was awful. The time to chew out players and put  through the motions was at practice and when they START breaking rules. Not on national tv when they didnt do anything wrong. He was just all kinds of fucked up in regards to discipline.

Anyone have a link to the video Im referring to?
I thought he was chewing a guy out for a personal foul that he actually did commit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
It was Bates on a roughing the passer.  I think the announcers are saying that it might have been an accident.  Even if it wasn't warranted, as an assistant, I don't think you go over there and interrupt the boss.  Even if the boss is being a dumbass.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:11:24 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
It was Bates on a roughing the passer.  I think the announcers are saying that it might have been an accident.  Even if it wasn't warranted, as an assistant, I don't think you go over there and interrupt the boss.  Even if the boss is being a dumbass.

You just might if you know the boss isn't really a boss, and you don't respect him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
That wasn't the only time and most coaches would have fired Trooper on the spot.  Tuberville would have knocked his cap back striaght on his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."