Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Monday Rumor Mill: Malzhan, Smart, and Chad Morris?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Monday Rumor Mill: Malzhan, Smart, and Chad Morris?
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »
No one knows how tied Gus' hands were.
Sounds kinky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
I agree Prowley, 100%.

I honestly think Smart will be a good HC.  My problem is can we afford to take the chance if he is not?

This is the biggest problem I have.

Come on, be honest.  That's not nearly the biggest problem you have.  Fortunately, they have drugs that won't toally clear that up but make it very manageable.

Between those choices, I'm on the Gus bus.  I seriously think the problems with this program come back to roost at one guy's doorstep.  Gene Chizik.  Do we know that Gus Malzahn was able to do things the way he wanted to do them?  Was he allowed to?  Chizik told him to fuck up his offense.  He changed all of Lefftlerz shit as well.  Chizik is solely responsible for non-mandatory workouts.  He's solely responsible for how they practice and how they're disciplined. 

I now believe none of the coaches we've had were able to handle their business the way they wanted to.  That includes one Theodore Roof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »
Come on, be honest.  That's not nearly the biggest problem you have.  Fortunately, they have drugs that won't toally clear that up but make it very manageable.

Between those choices, I'm on the Gus bus.  I seriously think the problems with this program come back to roost at one guy's doorstep.  Gene Chizik.  Do we know that Gus Malzahn was able to do things the way he wanted to do them?  Was he allowed to?  Chizik told him to fuck up his offense.  He changed all of Lefftlerz shit as well.  Chizik is solely responsible for non-mandatory workouts.  He's solely responsible for how they practice and how they're disciplined. 

I now believe none of the coaches we've had were able to handle their business the way they wanted to.  That includes one Theodore Roof.
Yeah but what makes Gus so special?  We had two mediocre years and one great year as our OC. Oh and with a superstar Thug at QB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
If given the choice between Gus and Smart, give me Smart.  We need discipline in the worst kind of way and Gus was there when 3/4 of our kids were recruited.  Do you really think they will take him serious?  I sure as hell don't.  I think Smart will make a good coach but I also think that we are at a point where we can't really take a chance on an unproven coach (I don't think one year in the Sun Belt makes you proven either) which is why I wanted a Patterson or Petrino hire.
Gus signed Pistol Pete Dyer after he was kicked out of Auburn. Like Rob Pate said, this tells me all I need to know about Gus's ability to handle disciplinary issues.

We just went through enough of this shit for me. No thank you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Yeah but what makes Gus so special?  We had two mediocre years and one great year as our OC. Oh and with a superstar Thug at QB.

Went from the watered down version of the Tubershell in 2008 to a record setting offense in 2009.  Tailored his offense in 2010 to Cam's strengths, and the rest is in the history books.  The 2011 offense was doing well until one Eugene Chizik tied his hands in the locker room at Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »

Anybody that can score points, much less win with Mosely and Trotter as QB's is a pretty good offensive coach.  I could get behind a Gus hire.

Yes he let Dyer go to Arky State, gave him a 20th chance and kicked him off the team immediately upon fucking up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
Went from the watered down version of the Tubershell in 2008 to a record setting offense in 2009.  Tailored his offense in 2010 to Cam's strengths, and the rest is in the history books.  The 2011 offense was doing well until one Eugene Chizik tied his hands in the locker room at Clemson.

Nobody told you to stick your nose into this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
Nobody told you to stick your nose into this.

Oh yeah? Well then just suck...wait, I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Oh yeah? Well then just suck...wait, I see what you did there.

KILL ME!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »
Gonna pull a Kaos here and tell you, hiring Gus would be a cluster fuck of epic proportions.  He knows these kids, recruited a lot of them and was there for 3 years.  When/if he tries to unpussify our kids they won't take him serious.  So we will either stay a pussified undisciplined team or  he will send so many packing that we will playing with probation numbers.  Hear me now........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
Gonna pull a Kaos here and tell you, hiring Gus would be a cluster fudge of epic proportions.  He knows these kids, recruited a lot of them and was there for 3 years.  When/if he tries to unpussify our kids they won't take him serious.  So we will either stay a pussified undisciplined team or  he will send so many packing that we will playing with probation numbers.  Hear me now........
I wouldn't argue this. I've read that the discipline issues were a part of the reason Gus left. He wanted Chiz to do something about them to no avail. I don't know if he has what it takes to lay it on the line and turn them into real football players or not. I hate that the lack of discipline is associated with him regardless of his contribution to it.

If it's not him (and your scenario may very well play in the minds of the committe), then the remaining "talked about" candidate is Smart.

I'm going out on a limb and saying we won't pay Patterson's price. Pretty sure it takes over 4 mil to even make him raise an eyebrow. I like him but that's a lot of green when we could likely get Smart or Malzahn for 2.5.

There is likely no homerun hire. Maybe Petrino but he may not even be interviewed and my skreetz had him as already having the job. I bet we could get him for a lot less than 4 mil.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:31:18 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 08:07:18 AM »
If Twitter is to be believed, we've already hired Smart.

It has also been reported that Patterson has signed an extension to stay at TCU.

Fuck you, Jay Jacobs.

This was our shot. We're 3-9. Absolutely zero risk can be taken. You completely fucked the last hire up on a gamble, and you go for the guy with zero head coaching experience, but by gawd, Saban hired him as a DC.

We are destined to mire in mediocrity. We can't get away from the good ol' boy bullshit. They want a puppet instead of a proven head coach. I know the Dye meddling is supposedly overstated, but it looks like he will get his man this time.

We are our own worst enemy. I expect to be below .500 for a good five years now. Maybe forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »
I know the Dye meddling is supposedly overstated, but it looks like he will get his man this time.

Per the Warden, Dye has not set foot in Auburn to ensure that the bullshit rumors of him controlling the hiring process did not surface again.

TIFWIW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
I'm not on the Smart bus, but I am driving the do not want Gus bus.  You can blame Chizik 100% for Auburn's failures but Chizik was not 100% to blame.  Even if you think that Chizik did handicap Gus.  Was he also involved in who Gus wanted to recruit?  I have no idea if Gus can recruit and/or develop players.  We are in our 4th year of less then mediocre QB's and outside of Juco Superstar Thug, all of them were recruited by Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »
Not physically.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Dye's been all over Kirby's nuts through his drunken senile ramblings on Finebaum since before Chizik was gone.

Seems an awful lot like he's getting his way...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »
I'm not on the Smart bus, but I am driving the do not want Gus bus. 

How's it handling?  You know, I'm in charge of the assembly line that pumps those things out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
Not physically.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Dye's been all over Kirby's nuts through his drunken senile ramblings on Finebaum since before Chizik was gone.

Seems an awful lot like he's getting his way...

This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »
I'm not on the Smart bus, but I am driving the do not want Gus bus.  You can blame Chizik 100% for Auburn's failures but Chizik was not 100% to blame.  Even if you think that Chizik did handicap Gus.  Was he also involved in who Gus wanted to recruit?  I have no idea if Gus can recruit and/or develop players.  We are in our 4th year of less then mediocre QB's and outside of Juco Superstar Thug, all of them were recruited by Gus.

Gus still isn't proven regardless of his wins this year. He has to win with his own recruits before I jump on dat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
How's it handling?  You know, I'm in charge of the assembly line that pumps those things out.

I am getting a little nervous, I keep trying to hit pick up Jacobs but the damn brakes seem to work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »
I am getting a little nervous, I keep trying to hit pick up Jacobs but the damn brakes seem to work.

You must be driving beside the cliff. Just aim the damn thing toward the cliff. At least you'll hit JJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.