Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Monday Rumor Mill: Malzhan, Smart, and Chad Morris?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Monday Rumor Mill: Malzhan, Smart, and Chad Morris?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
i take everything back i said about you.  i agree.
I am glad we can all just get along. Christmas spirit and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
I am glad we can all just get along. Christmas spirit and all.

Fuck you.  There, I feel better. 

I get what you're saying about Smart.  Chances are, he'd do well as HC.  There's just that part of me that says we have to have someone who has been there, done that.  He comes in and we know exactly what we're getting.  No excuses.  No unknowns.  I will say though, whoever it is, short of some head scratching 5-19 fail, I'm ready to name him and get behind him like Sandusky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
i have a friend who's sister goes to OSU...she mentioned that a friend of a friend saw the auburn  jet in corvalis.  Riley?

tifwiw

Mike Riley is 59 y.o. and is 81-66 at OSU. They say he really loves his Beavers.  Kind of tough love.  He rides them til they're soaking wet.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »
fudge you.  There, I feel better. 

I get what you're saying about Smart.  Chances are, he'd do well as HC.  There's just that part of me that says we have to have someone who has been there, done that.  He comes in and we know exactly what we're getting.  No excuses.  No unknowns.  I will say though, whoever it is, short of some head scratching 5-19 fail, I'm ready to name him and get behind him like Sandusky.
I would like a seasoned veteran too. When Jimbo and Petrino are the most tenured HCs from this region of the country, it's a pretty slack year. I have under panties that are older than their HC stints.

I don't know that we can afford to get Patterson. It looks to me that Gus, Petrino and Smart are the most viable options. I've never liked Petrino. I think he's a stubby dick with ears. But of the 3, he has the best resume.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
Why play for an unproven, young, inexperienced, side kick to Nick Saban at a struggling program when you could play for Nick Saban? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
Why play for an unproven, young, inexperienced, side kick to Nick Saban at a struggling program when you could play for Nick Saban?
I don't know but the UF recruits don't seem to mind. Just heard that Bobby P's brother took job in Idaho. Can someone confirm? I'm too busy snorting crank off a hookers ass.

If he did, does this lend one to believe Bobby ain't coaching this year? Does to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
I don't know but the UF recruits don't seem to mind. Just heard that Bobby P's brother took job in Idaho. Can someone confirm? I'm too busy snorting crank off a hookers ass.

If he did, does this lend one to believe Bobby ain't coaching this year? Does to me.
He did. Saw that over the weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
For the record, my choice would be Petrino 1, Smart 2.

It depends on what philosophy you want really. Petrino for offense. Smart for defense.

Smart could be as good or better than boom. And, it would piss Alabama fans off to have Smart announced before the championship.

Smart moves to number 1 if he is announced this week, holds a press conference and declares, "I am an Auburn man now. Auburn is my only focus and I will not coach another game or put forth any more effort to help the University of Alabama."

Then he walks off the stage to where Liner, Lawson and Foster are sitting and gives them a chest bump...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

It depends on what philosophy you want really. Petrino for offense. Smart for defense.

Smart could be as good or better than boom. And, it would piss Alabama fans off to have Smart announced before the championship.

Smart moves to number 1 if he is announced this week, holds a press conference and declares, "I am an Auburn man now. Auburn is my only focus and I will not coach another game or put forth any more effort to help the University of Alabama."

Then he walks off the stage to where Liner, Lawson and Foster are sitting and gives them a chest bump...

I have wood.

If they did name Smart, I think it would be with the stipulation he hits the ground running immediately.  Most people say it's Lord Saybinz making the defensive calls anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

The only thing better would be if he stayed at uat and intentionally sabotaged their defensive gameplan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »

With our workout regiment lately he may hurt them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »

If it is Smart, it would prob have to take place like this. I don't see us or Satan wanting it any other way. I still can't wrap my turnip around this ever happening. This would be a bigger deal than Pat Dye or assistants Wayne Hall and Brother Oliver put together. If its between Gus and Smart, I am all tored up about it. I see them as pretty even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
If given the choice between Gus and Smart, give me Smart.  We need discipline in the worst kind of way and Gus was there when 3/4 of our kids were recruited.  Do you really think they will take him serious?  I sure as hell don't.  I think Smart will make a good coach but I also think that we are at a point where we can't really take a chance on an unproven coach (I don't think one year in the Sun Belt makes you proven either) which is why I wanted a Patterson or Petrino hire.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
If given the choice between Gus and Smart, give me Smart.  We need discipline in the worst kind of way and Gus was there when 3/4 of our kids were recruited.  Do you really think they will take him serious?  I sure as hell don't.  I think Smart will make a good coach but I also think that we are at a point where we can't really take a chance on an unproven coach (I don't think one year in the Sun Belt makes you proven either) which is why I wanted a Patterson or Petrino hire.

This, all of it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
This....

But give me Smart over Malzahn, Dykes, Taggert, and all the other no names.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
This....

But give me Smart over Malzahn, Dykes, Taggert, and all the other no names.

Very much so.  I can get behind him.  This is part of the problem and like I said I think he will be a good coach, but are we willing to give him time to un-fuck our situation and learn on the job. 

I would imagine that we would be moving to a 3-4 and that would take some time and recruiting classes.  If he doesn't have us winning immediately are we (fans, AD, BOT..etc...etc...etc) willing to give him the time he would need?  Also do we have the balls enough to write up in his contract that he owes us mega millions if he were to walk out the door for the UGA job if it came open in the next two to three years?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »
Good point. The discipline issue is one that I hadn't considered. I hate that it has to affect Gus but it just does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
No one knows how tied Gus' hands were. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
So, let's see...Hmmmmm...Malzahn, Smart or Morris.....Mmmmmm....Huh....Hmmmm...I'll go with......Ahhhhh.....Hmmmm.....I'll go with *whispers* there's so many great choices, this is a hard one....I chose...

Fuck You; Jay Jacobs, Jay Gogue, and whoever else made this decision (Pat Dye)!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:32:42 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
I agree Prowley, 100%.

I honestly think Smart will be a good HC.  My problem is can we afford to take the chance if he is not?

This is the biggest problem I have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum