Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Well...Tonight Was Anticlimactic

Well...Tonight Was Anticlimactic
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »
I was hoping for a late night of close calls, but it looks like a rather easy win for Obama.  Surprising that Florida didn't turn out Romney after the polls predicted him to win. 

Turn out definitely wasn't what I thought it would be. 

Also, my vote definitely didn't count.  Third parties have no chance and we are going to continue to listen to two parties pander to idiots and make extravagant promises. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

Re: Well...Tonight Was Anticlimactic
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »
really surprised over Florida
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »
Watching them interview fucking yankees in Times Square, and the problem with this fucking country is too many damn young people with narrow/selfish interests.  Too many fucking idiots proud that they voted for the fucking idiot running our country in the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:52:42 PM »
I was hoping for a late night of close calls, but it looks like a rather easy win for Obama.  Surprising that Florida didn't turn out Romney after the polls predicted him to win. 

Turn out definitely wasn't what I thought it would be. 

Also, my vote definitely didn't count.  Third parties have no chance and we are going to continue to listen to two parties pander to idiots and make extravagant promises.
Unless you live in Ohio, Virginia, or Florida, your vote doesn't really count anyway.  Alabama is always going to be a red state.  It's ridiculous that as long as you lockdown 4-5 states, you are almost guaranteed to be president.  All of the other states are going to historically be one way or another.  But those 4-5 are the "what have you done to benefit us" states.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
Unless you live in Ohio, Virginia, or Florida, your vote doesn't really count anyway.  Alabama is always going to be a red state.  It's ridiculous that as long as you lockdown 4-5 states, you are almost guaranteed to be president.  All of the other states are going to historically be one way or another.  But those 4-5 are the "what have you done to benefit us" states.
It is lame, and really, it's the urban areas of those few states. 

Also lame, if democrats ever get Texas or republicans ever get California, no one else's vote really count. 

And the lamest - nothing changes.  The House is the same.  Senate is the Same.  Pres is the same.  Same ole bullshit from the last four years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:13:08 PM »
It is lame, and really, it's the urban areas of those few states. 

Also lame, if democrats ever get Texas or republicans ever get California, no one else's vote really count. 

And the lamest - nothing changes.  The House is the same.  Senate is the Same.  Pres is the same.  Same ole bullshit from the last four years.
I know that it hardly ever happens, but I think Obama doesn't win the popular vote.  And really, it should go by popular vote.  I know that when the Electoral College was originally conceived, it was to make sure smaller states still had rights.  But in today's landscape, I just don't agree with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »
Fox News just announced that they are calling Ohio in favor of Obama.

Game.  Set.  Match.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »
fuck south florida
fuck ohio

DC is overweighted with 3 electoral votes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
I would bet that the Dow is down by about 300-400 tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:23:10 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
And gas prices will be up 10% by the end of the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:47 PM »
I know that it hardly ever happens, but I think Obama doesn't win the popular vote.  And really, it should go by popular vote.  I know that when the Electoral College was originally conceived, it was to make sure smaller states still had rights.  But in today's landscape, I just don't agree with it.
I'm sure your opinion is unchanged from 2000. Did today's landscape just change tonight?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
Great, now we've got to put up with this god damn fucking piece of shit for the next four years.  We as a nation are royally fucked, think Benghazi was bad, with this muslim cocksucker as imperial potentate, his assholiness Barry The Great will allow more of that kind of shit to occur.  Our great grand kids might be able to pay off this debt this scumbag is gonna run up.   :moon:
PT Barnum was right, there are suckers born every minute.
Okay I've rambled and bitched enough, I need a couple of joints now , I can't reccomend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll for everybody, but it's worked for me.
 :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

RWS

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:03:27 AM »
I'm sure your opinion is unchanged from 2000. Did today's landscape just change tonight?
It is unchanged.  But just for the record, Gore is batshit crazy.  He might have fucked things up more than Obama ever has.  The ends justified the means, but it doesn't mean that I necessarily approve of it.

In the modern day and age, I just don't see the need for the electoral college.  I'm going to guess that you think that the electoral college is great since it is what is going to put your guy in office?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:05:32 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
It is unchanged.  But just for the record, Gore is batshit crazy.  He might have fucked things up more than Obama ever has.  The ends justified the means, but it doesn't mean that I necessarily approve of it.

In the modern day and age, I just don't see the need for the electoral college.  I'm going to guess that you think that the electoral college is great since it is what is going to put your guy in office?

Chad voted for Sean Payton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »

it did not put my guy in office, or even my second choice.

You're saying the exact same thing Michael Moore, Cindy Sheehan and every other extreme liberal was saying in 2000.

And it was stupid then.

If you believe in states' rights, you have to support the electoral college. They both exist on the same principle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
I don't have an issue with the EC, but I do wish all of the states would split them up like NE and ME. It is ridiculous that a state votes 50 to 49 yet all of the EC votes go one way. Split them up ans let the people represent themselves.

If you look at some of the states, the high population areas negate the rural area votes. And it looks like the south and midwest want to live by a higher code and the liberal yankees and left coast just have more people in a smaller area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »
If you believe in states' rights, you have to support the electoral college. They both exist on the same principle.
Please for be explainin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
I don't have an issue with the EC, but I do wish all of the states would split them up like NE and ME. It is ridiculous that a state votes 50 to 49 yet all of the EC votes go one way. Split them up ans let the people represent themselves.

If you look at some of the states, the high population areas negate the rural area votes. And it looks like the south and midwest want to live by a higher code and the liberal yankees and left coast just have more people in a smaller area.
I think that this would be the best compromise between both sides of the argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »
Roy Fucking Moore won... I give up.  This state is fucking retarded and beyond repair.  Everything others say bad about the state of Alabama was proven correct tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 01:41:40 AM »
Well, atleast we don't have someone with the Launch Codes that believes God lives on planet Kolob.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs