19   Michigan   0-1   446
20   TCU   0-0   355
21   Kansas State   1-0   339
22   Notre Dame   1-0   198
23   Louisville   1-0   190
24   Florida   1-0   145
25   Stanford   1-0   131

Dropped from rankings: Boise State 24

Others receiving votes: Boise State 79, Tennessee 73, Brigham Young 63, North Carolina 48, Baylor 38, Utah 34, Washington 15, Georgia Tech 14, Ohio 10, TEXSTATE 10, Missouri 7, Texas A&M 5, South Florida 5, UCF 4, Mississippi State 3, Auburn 3, Cincinnati 2
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:08:51 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: New AP Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
I could vomit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
So you're saying there's a chance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
Is college football down as a whole?

I see a lot of teams that I quickly think "they don't deserve that spot."  But then again, I don't know of any teams that deserve to be above them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
I'm actually surprised.  I figured the AP would keep USC up there no matter what.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
Honestly.. I'd trade TCU for TN. Eventually Dooley will quote (insert Civil War general here) and lose by 30, but they did play a decent ACC school and won. USC is going to continue to be boosted by the west coast press and although UAT waxed Michigan, I see the AP putting them back at #1 arbitrarily around week 3 or 4. Plus with 3 more weeks at #1, the Bammer fanbase will announce their 37th NC on the Finebaum show.

I'm really hoping we get it together this week defensively and reintroduce the run to the playbook instead of going three and out on passing. Also wonder if Prosch is going to travel this week due to his mom passing away and if Reese Dismukes will come off suspension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
If Choklahoma is the #5 team in the country, then yes CFB is down. They looked pretty pathetic playing in El Paso. Don't be fooled by the 24-7 score. Mike Price fucked that up by going for it on 4th and short with 10 minutes left in the game and his team only trailing 7-10. The way OU looked on O, he should've pinned them inside the 20.

As for another, wtf? Didn't Standford slip by San Jose State 20-17?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
If Choklahoma is the #5 team in the country, then yes CFB is down. They looked pretty pathetic playing in El Paso. Don't be fooled by the 24-7 score. Mike Price fucked that up by going for it on 4th and short with 10 minutes left in the game and his team only trailing 7-10. The way OU looked on O, he should've pinned them inside the 20.

As for another, wtf? Didn't Standford slip by San Jose State 20-17?

Add Florida as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Add Florida as well.

And Georgia.

And South Carolina.

There just seems to be a lot of subpar coaching in college football lately.  Why does Alabama and USC look like the only two schools playing sound football on both sides of the ball?

Why has LSU failed to find a good quarterback in four years?

Why is Auburn struggling to find competitive defensive linemen? 

Why is Florida completely inept on offense? 

Maybe this is all normal.  But I do remember those Tuberville teams from 2004-2007.  Some may have hated Brandon Cox, but he was efficient.  We may have wanted to win more, but I can remember defensive linemen making plays.  Linebackers making stops.  A secondary that could tackle and at least break up a pass now and then.  A running game that was consistent. 

It seems to be lacking all over. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
I'm really hoping we get it together this week defensively and reintroduce the run to the playbook instead of going three and out on passing. Also wonder if Prosch is going to travel this week due to his mom passing away and if Reese Dismukes will come off suspension.
Prosch and Reece will be back for Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
With a few exceptions, I think most teams got their collective shiot together after slow starts against weak sister's of the poor. Sakerlina never has done anything for me and that Vandy game was just about what I expected.  Watched a good bit of UGA and Florida as well.  The Dawgs gave up a few more points than I thought they would but they had a ton of people out, either by suspension or injury.  Otherwise, they looked extremely athletic at times and played almost exclusively, freshmen running backs.  Florida....a whole barrel full of meh.  That's just not a good team.  Gillislee is a damn good running back but overall, that team is incredibly average right now.

Oregon?  They're just so fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
I'm actually surprised.  I figured the AP would keep USC up there no matter what.

You never move a team down if they win.  Ever.  It's a rule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »
Honestly.. I'd trade TCU for TN. Eventually Dooley will quote (insert Civil War general here) and lose by 30, but they did play a decent ACC school and won. USC is going to continue to be boosted by the west coast press and although UAT waxed Michigan, I see the AP putting them back at #1 arbitrarily around week 3 or 4. Plus with 3 more weeks at #1, the Bammer fanbase will announce their 37th NC on the Finebaum show.

Who the fuck are all these one-post motherfuckers?  Did somebody open a door I don't know about? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
You never move a team down if they win.  Ever.  It's a rule.
CERTAINLY not USC...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
Who the fuck are all these one-post motherfuckers?  Did somebody open a door I don't know about?

He engineered a good post
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
Who the fudge are all these one-post motherfudgeers?  Did somebody open a door I don't know about?

Hey, I have real life friends on here and one convinced me to finally join instead of lurking while drinking at the Nook last week! Plus it's something to do while I'm not on conference calls listening to government dunces being government dunces. BTW, post #2.. from total newb to still-newb-sorta-but-one-less-newbish-post.

Glad that Prosch and Dismukes are going to be in. Hate that he lost his mom, but from his facebook/tweets or whatever it sounds like he's glad she's in a better place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Glad that Prosch and Dismukes are going to be in. Hate that he lost his mom, but from his facebook/tweets or whatever it sounds like he's glad she's in a better place.

Only the thugs at Auburn are glad when their moms die so they can still play football...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
Hey, I have real life friends on here and one convinced me to finally join instead of lurking while drinking at the Nook last week! Plus it's something to do while I'm not on conference calls listening to government dunces being government dunces. BTW, post #2.. from total newb to still-newb-sorta-but-one-less-newbish-post.

No one here actually exists.  You outed yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »
  You outed yourself.

I think that is something entirely different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

HSVBeerNerd

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »
Only the thugs at Auburn are glad when their moms die so they can still play football...

Taken out of context, I only meant it that in a "sorry for his loss, and at least if he is going to play that it sounds like he's coping with his loss well" (or at least hope he is).

No one here actually exists.  You outed yourself.

I'll be sure to troll newbs on here when I hit 6k posts too, so I can also be all of the awesome
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions